The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

I think Pattinson will be perfectly fine. You can't judge an actor by a previous role that got him stuck with a certain moniker, especially when he was young and just starting out at the time. For the past few years he's been doing smaller films and riskier roles, probably to focus on his acting skills and to get out from under the insanity of the Twilight stigma.

Now that the lead casting hurdle has essentially been cleared, we can look forward to story details, other casting announcements, the costume, the Batmobile, etc. I wonder if there will be yet another Joker; if Leto is still in play (which I'm starting to doubt); of if they will skip Joker altogether in the first outing.

This movie is going to be an interesting balancing act, because I'm assuming they still plan to create a Batman that can exist in the same world as Superman and other meta humans, which wasn't really an issue with Nolan's Batman. I know the movie is supposed to be set in the past, but I have to think Warner is still planning on building up to Justice League 2.0 in the next 4-5 years, so I wonder if they are going to try to minimize gloss over the "older," "grizzled" Affleck Batman. I also think Pattinson should configure better with Cavill (assuming he's still on board). They are close in age RP (33), HC (36) and roughly the same height, whereas Affleck was 10 years older and 3-4 inches taller.

If Reeves is able to deliver a great Batman and Warner finds a team that can crack Superman, DC will be back on track. I have read that Flash may end up getting recast and reworked though.

I don't see how they can have RBats working with Cavill Superman. This needs to predate all of the DCCU so far or be completely its own thing. Preferably the latter to be honest. The DCCU is just too messed up. You can't keep recasting the main characters, you lose the very connectivity the shared universe is supposed to have.

I don't see how they can have RBats working with Cavill Superman. This needs to predate all of the DCCU so far or be completely its own thing. Preferably the latter to be honest. The DCCU is just too messed up. You can't keep recasting the main characters, you lose the very connectivity the shared universe is supposed to have.

They won’t. He’s bout to be recasted to Jonah hill

BvS Batman was the most impressive looking intimidating beast of a Batman ever put to screen he will never look that monstrous ever again.

BvS Affleck was the best visual representation of BW as well.

All gone!

I’m still holding out hope for a JL2 with Battfleck one day. In the meantime Pattinson can pass for a young Battfleck - he even has the same jawline.

Warner Bros is lucky Marvel didn’t have Cap say “I’m Batman!”....pause then say....”Only Kidding” “Avengers Assemble!”

You mean like Lego Batman says, “Iron Man sucks”?

BvS Batman was the most impressive looking intimidating beast of a Batman ever put to screen he will never look that monstrous ever again.

BvS Affleck was the best visual representation of BW as well.

All gone!

I liked Affleck's Batman...too bad WB screwed it all up.

I'll give Pattinson a chance. I never saw the Twilight flicks so I don't care but I hear he has been a solid actor in some of the movies outside of Twilight. He's got a good look for Wayne as well (pale, kinda broody-looking), can get some trainers/'roids to help pack on muscle for him, and this can very well put him back in the Hollywood spotlight. Worse comes to wear..he just goes back to doing what he was doing before...smaller, indy-ish flicks.

For villains, I want to see Court of Owls. More like a messing with your mind villain. Deathstroke for a more physical villain.

Looks like the villains will be Penguin and Catwoman again.

https://collider.com/the-batman-villains-penguin-catwoman/amp/

From that article

The real question is whether Reeves will gender-flip the Penguin or perhaps another antagonist, such as the Riddler, who has also been rumored to make an appearance — though that remains unconfirmed

Why on earth would they gender-flip the Penguin or any other antagonist? Why is that a question at all let alone 'the real question'?

Trying to change things because . . . They can I guess. No one else asked for it.

Cat women the penguin hum I wonder if he used batman earth one for inspiration . Since it's a young Batman . I was really hoping for a death in the family or court of owls adaption as it's something new .

Make in future movies if this works out. But b
Penguin and catwomen its feels a little too much Gotham at this point .

The sad part of all this is this officially kills and plans of a shared universe . Each movie will be seperate we will never have a justice league movie again.

I love the Nolan verse but dont blame the poor execution of JL to you not having the idea of a shared universe.

Joke is in the 1980 , this batman is young what are you doing DC just execute a good story and we can build a foundation .

I dont think this movie will come with the big hype people expect the.marvel formula super heroes team ups.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whyyyyyy Him

Instead of the Dark Knight ..we will get the Glittering Knight :slap

I'll give Pattinson a chance. I never saw the Twilight flicks so I don't care but I hear he has been a solid actor in some of the movies outside of Twilight. He's got a good look for Wayne as well (pale, kinda broody-looking), can get some trainers/'roids to help pack on muscle for him, and this can very well put him back in the Hollywood spotlight. Worse comes to wear..he just goes back to doing what he was doing before...smaller, indy-ish flicks.

Agreed, we shouldn't prejudge or stereotype. Battfleck was originally a term of derision, now he's the gold standard.

Back