The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

Went back and revisited Reeves' body of work. The guy's resume is spotless as of late.

The Pallbearer (1996) 7/10
Cloverfield (2008) 9/10
Let Me In (2010) 10/10
Dawn of The Planet of The Apes (2014) 9/10

Nearly a decade later, Cloverfield holds up beautifully and is equally awesome and Let Me In is one of those rare cases where the remake surpasses the original.

Cloverfield (2008) 9/10
Let Me In (2010) 10/10

IMG_6281.JPG

Let Me In is one of those rare cases where the remake surpasses the original.
This is incorrect.

If it was The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo I could agree, Finch outdid the original, but Let The Tight One in is miles better than Let Me In in all departments, script, cinematography, performances, casting, sound, music, etc etc.

That's not to say it's not good, it's a respectable remake, as respectable as the Carrie remake but far inferior.

This is incorrect.

If it was The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo I could agree, Finch outdid the original, but Let The Tight One in is miles better than Let Me In in all departments, script, cinematography, performances, casting, sound, music, etc etc.

That's not to say it's not good, it's a respectable remake, as respectable as the Carrie remake but far inferior.

Couldn't disagree more, on pretty much everything. And that's coming from someone who places Alfredson in his top 10 working Directors list.

SNIKT can probably make any movie sound awesome.

Super Mario Bros (1994) 9.5/10 Bob Hopkins delivers a masterful performance for the ages in what's surely Rob Morton's most underrated neo noir revolutionary masterpiece.

Super Mario Bros (1994) 9.5/10 Bob Hopkins delivers a masterful performance for the ages in what's surely Rob Morton's most underrated neo noir revolutionary masterpiece.

:rotfl

SKINT needs to get a job writing log line blurbs for broadcast/streaming movie information directories.

Bob Hoskins is one of my favs. The Long Good Friday & Mona Lisa are brilliant movies.

Couldn't disagree more, on pretty much everything. And that's coming from someone who places Alfredson in his top 10 working Directors list.
Don't follow Alfredson, I just like the story and his movie was the perfect adaptation, I forgot better atmosphere, better pacing, better costume and better sets too.

The acting alone sets it way above the remake.

The remake doesn't achieve anything above being the "American remake".

Ahhhhh.... where are these magical places?

It's like when George finds that secret lair of the models in 'Seinfeld'. "It does exist..."

Went back and revisited Reeves' body of work. The guy's resume is spotless as of late.

Cloverfield (2008) 9/10
Let Me In (2010) 10/10

Nearly a decade later, Cloverfield holds up beautifully and is equally awesome and Let Me In is one of those rare cases where the remake surpasses the original.

giphy.gif

Cloverfield (2008) 9/10
Let Me In (2010) 10/10

Yep. I enjoyed Let Me In much more than Let the Right One In. I felt it had superior performances, tone, script and cinematography. That was the film when I started to pay attention to Reeves as a filmmaker.

Back