Tennis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roddick had a brilliant Wimbledon final against Federer one year that tends not to be mentioned much due to the Nadal final(s). I was up for Roddick in that one. That was before I just said screw it, I'll throw in with Federer, let’s see how much he can win out of sheer curiosity.

Roddick had some impressive Wimby finals against Fed, ‘04-‘05, and my favorite, ’09. I genuinely think Roddick could’ve bagged a few more slams had it not been for Federer (but the same can apply to other players too :lol ).

I haven't been watching to be honest but I see on twitter Djokovic is on course for Grandslam 23.

Yeah I’ve been trying to catch up watching highlights :lol

I’m wondering if Djokovic will take the cake! This FO presents a great opportunity for him methinks.

Świątek defeats Muchová to win the Women’s final in three sets! Well done!

ensPQCk.jpg

rjX8rKU.jpg

YZBTYfh.jpg

AND Djokovic wins the FO!!! His 23rd Grand Slam and third FO title! He’s now the leader in most major titles! Great for Ruud for reaching the final!

DJOKOVIC! DJOKOVIC! DJOKOVIC!

hTQgLOj.jpg

VTy6q5R.jpg

It’ll be exciting to see how he fares for Wimbledon and the USO!!

AND Djokovic wins the FO!!! His 23rd Grand Slam and third FO title! He’s now the leader in most major titles! Great for Ruud for reaching the final!

DJOKOVIC! DJOKOVIC! DJOKOVIC!

hTQgLOj.jpg

VTy6q5R.jpg

It’ll be exciting to see how he fares for Wimbledon and the USO!!
Yeah Novak probably still got 2 or 3 years left in him, unless he has injury trouble. Might get close to 30 slams!.

Yeah Novak probably still got 2 or 3 years left in him, unless he has injury trouble. Might get close to 30 slams!.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he does get close to thirty slams! :lol I think he has a few years more of competition in him too.

Also Nadal’s recovering from his hip surgery, so he’ll probably be out for the remainder of the season.

I was thinking that as well. 25 seems like a sure bet, and then I can just picture him really wanting to extend that to 30 to really separate himself from Nadal and Fed. The only player to match him for talent right now is Alcaraz, but not if nerves cause him to cramp up.

Wimbledon is upon us! Nothing like watching Wimby matches on summer days!

Qualifying is ongoing, main draw starts on July 3rd!

Venus Williams has a wildcard!

Wouldn't mind seeing her win it for old times sake - remember when Goran Ivanisevic won it as a wildcard?

That’d be a huge achievement for her at this point in her career!

I watched the full Ivanisevic vs Rafter match on YT some time ago, his first and only slam and the only player to win it as a wildcard (so far)!

Funnily enough, there’s a movie titled Wimbledon that’s based on Ivanisevic’s ‘01 run, with Mary Jane, Vision, Dr. Grant, and even McEnroe appeared as himself :lol

That’d be a huge achievement for her at this point in her career!

I watched the full Ivanisevic vs Rafter match on YT some time ago, his first and only slam and the only player to win it as a wildcard (so far)!

Funnily enough, there’s a movie titled Wimbledon that’s based on Ivanisevic’s ‘01 run, with Mary Jane, Vision, Dr. Grant, and even McEnroe appeared as himself :lol
McEnroe appearing as himself makes it canon. Yeah I saw that movie. Kirsten looked damn good in that Wimbledon gear.

I felt bad for Rafter. He probably thought it was his year with Sampras out (beaten by Federer if memory serves)

Back