Why the Coolest Girls are Comic Book Geeks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The girl in that particular pic is just a Playboy model and not a real "CBG". But if you want to look her up, her name is Melany Denyse

Just as I suspected. Back in the 80's when I collected comics regularly, I would go to the comic shop 2-3 times per week and hang out there for an hour or three at a time. There was never one female ever at either one of the comic shops which were less than a block from each other, EXCEPT for the owner of one of the stores who was super cool and easy to talk to, and always interested in stuff. She put my art up for sale on consignment. She was a bit overweight, and quite pleasant looking, but I wouldn't say she was hot. Later in the late 90's, there have been some good looking chicks who actually work at the comic shops. I haven't been in much recently, although I have still seen a few chicks working at shops, and very rarely, shopping. This whole chicks on comic shops must be a recent phenomenon.

Last edited:
scottpilgrimvstheworld2.jpg

:love

Last edited:
I'm a not-unattractive female comic book store patron and yes we exist. I do have a tattoo and "feisty" is an understatement (my comic book of choice is Tank Girl). But I see lots of girls at my local TFAW. You guys need to visit Milwaukie, Oregon. Home to Dark Horse Comics and many, many comic book loving chicas.

Where where y'all when I was going to UofO? :dunno

Well, at least I know where to look now once my divorce is final. :slap :monkey1

there's nothin in this corner of ohio either :dunno
What corner is that?
I can't find anyone who has the same interests as me.

And there's no LCS anywhere close to me.

:(

Come to Cincy Ween, I gots plenty of love, unless you meant that you can't find any Comic girls, if thats the case come here, I'll find you one and give you a camera....:hi5::1-1::monkey3

Finding really hot comic book geeks is like trying to find a shark in your bathtub. You know it could happen, probably won't and if it ever does you'll probably ____ your pants of sheer shock and run

I went through a nasty breakup over a year ago. I basically swore myself off the hunt, and as most folks will tell you, that's when you meet someone new.

I met the girl I'm talking to now at a special screening I was at with my friend, as some of you know, Doug Jones. Not trying to name drop, but it's just relevant. She's a huge fan and all. We had actually met a year ago at SDCC, and ran into each other again by chance this year. I'm not one to jump to any conclusions, but we've been steadily talking and hanging out for the last several weeks, and I've never been so pleased with my life.
I've never met a girl who likes Hellboy as much as I do, and that's a welcome change. :)

EDIT: Also worth note, she is gorgeous!

Back