Why the Coolest Girls are Comic Book Geeks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent December

Super Freak
Reaction score
Fighting for freedom wherever there's trouble
from the Thesmokingjacket.com

If you want to meet smart, sexy, wickedly cool women, try hanging out at your local comic book store. Ignore the standard advice on where to meet awesome women. Think of the club as your last line of defense against not getting laid. There will never be a shortage of party banshees with cheese doodle-hued skin dancing unsteadily on tables crowing “I. Am. So. Drunk.”

Think of them as slatternly fruit in cocktail dresses hanging low, ready to pick. But before settling for the easy get, trying strolling around your nearest nerd temple first and do some force recon. There are quality women there, and they scare the competition.

There are other locations so-called experts recommend, like the gym. But who wants to get hit on at a gym? The grunting, the groaning, the gravity-resistant sports bras and, of course, everybody stinks like a lactose-intolerant swamp donkey. Greasy balls don’t improve anyone’s game.

Long ago, in a magazine seemingly written for hairless dolphin men, we read that grocery stores were a great place to “mack on the ladies.” The tips were insipid, requiring you wait for some poor unsuspecting woman to stop reading the calories on a box of Lean Cuisine and using an “opener,” which is the word pickup artists use for “starting a conversation with a human being.”

They suggested some cutesy question like “Which would my Grandmother love more: yummy brownies or cookies?” At which point, she should respond “You are adorable and sensitive and I must taste your pylon.” What she’ll really say is “Ehhhh,” and think, “I just got off work, ass cheese. I want to go home and harshly judge women on reality television while I weep over this tablespoon-size serving of shrimp scampi.” We know that pickup artists preach that any location is good location to “open” a “set” or whatever, but grocery stores are utilitarian public spaces where we should all be able to safely graze.

We’d also warn against sporting events, as single women at the game are usually the nucleus of a competitive bro mob, and they all have the same idea as you. We’ve written about picking up chicks at the office here, but it generally ends badly and far too often, you still have to work with your former conquests. Concerts are too loud. Parties are ideal, so long as you’re invited. Parties are the original social network, and women find comfort in some sort of accountability. We’ve had a friend swear by dog parks, but you need a dog for that to work. A pretentious pal stalks art galleries so he can walk up next to a woman and casually impress her with his nuanced analysis of whatever art school abortion is hanging on the wall. Here are some others suggestions offered by friends. Playgrounds, for creeps with mommy issues on, buffets for easy access to plumpers, and a direct quote, “Two words: Beer Pong Competitions.” That’s three words, bro.

The women you find browsing comic stores have a lot going for them. If you’re a beefcake jock rolling your eyes at such dorkery, then, like, go shave your abs. As locations, comic book stores are ideal. Granted, 85 percent of the people there are dudes, but these guys are generally on serious missions to complete their purchase of the entire Green Lantern: Blackest Night series. They are not interested in the bosomed patrons next to them. Either that or they are petrified of their proximity to lady parts. In a comic book store, an ounce of confidence is a pound anywhere else. But the location is also important because of the type of women it draws. These are women who are comfortable in their skin, and have a high tolerance for men and their passionate obsessions.

Comic book lady nerds are, generally speaking, open-minded. They’re funky and/or tattooed and just a little bit freaky. Freaky is an important character trait. There are guys who are scared when their women orgasm like howler monkeys from hell, and those who prefer it nice and quiet, like Grandma…in her grave. Female lovers of graphic novels are feisty. You want them watching your back during the zombie apocalypse. It helps, of course, to do a little research. A lot of normal men think that comic books are nothing but super hero nonsense. Avenging he-men dressed like ballerinas. And yes, a lot of comic books are about adolescent power fantasies. But there are plenty of titles out there for guys who love horror, sci-fi, or crime books or movies. For zombie fans, there’s The Walking Dead. There’s an excellent, twisted, and hyper-violent crime series titled 100 Bullets. And Y: The Last Man is about a plague in the future that wipes out all men…save for one. He happens to be a nerd and it saves his life.

Trust us on this. Try this untapped fountain of sexy. Fair warning, though. Approach chicks at the comic book shop with care; they’re not for the faint of hearts. Only seasoned hottie whisperers need apply. It’s worth it. And if they give you a withering stare, there’s still time to hit da club.

https://www.thesmokingjacket.com/lifestyle/how-to-pick-up-girls-in-comic-book-store

I haven't seen any girls worth talking to at my LCS but they are EVERYWHERE during Comic Con. I've always wondered where these chicks hide out in the "real world" cause I'll be damned if I know.

Last edited:
i met my wife at a football game..but when i took her to my lcs and she was able to tell me that her favorite comic book was invincible we fell in love lol. She goes to the LCS for me all the time and she mentions how everyone but the owner stares blankly at her. I do believe if someone would just talk to girls in the LCS they would have a chance at a date or drinks.

I'm a not-unattractive female comic book store patron and yes we exist. I do have a tattoo and "feisty" is an understatement (my comic book of choice is Tank Girl). But I see lots of girls at my local TFAW. You guys need to visit Milwaukie, Oregon. Home to Dark Horse Comics and many, many comic book loving chicas.

I see nothing wrong with trying to meet a girl at the LCS esp. b/c you share the same interests. That is as good of a foundation as anything. I didnt tell my wife i like comics when i 1st met her, but about a week or two in i told her i need to stop at a store to pick up something. That was the Bowen chrome silver surfer statue. When we pulled up she said- " you go here?" i thought that was the end of us lol. I said yea and she says to me..I gotta go in there to pick up my pulls anyway....JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the people at my LCS are about 85 pound overweight dudes. Been going there for 5 years bi-monthly and I haven't seen one female in there :huh :lol

ive seen a few beautiful women in my LCS. Not often, but they do wander in occasionally. They actually had a very pretty employee for a while.

When we pulled up she said- " you go here?" i thought that was the end of us lol. I said yea and she says to me..I gotta go in there to pick up my pulls anyway....JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You sir have found the holy grail, the "diamond in the rough" if you will. congrats bro! Now the Ollie and Dinah cake toppers make sense :yess:

All the people at my LCS are about 85 pound overweight dudes. Been going there for 5 years bi-monthly and I haven't seen one female in there :huh :lol

That's pretty much the story at my LCS.

You want them watching your back during the zombie apocalypse.

That's my favorite part of the entire article :lol

People like to go play those anime cards games (DBZ, Bakugon etc) at my LCS every Wens and Fri and on occaision, I see a few hot girls there, but other than that, most of the patrons look like the comic book guy from the Simpsons.

these three images sum up the diamond in the rough that married me!

23662_736756756548_15724727_41143184_2942924_n.jpg

24678_1319123469531_1574113353_30760064_364451_n.jpg

this is me and my brother real late in the wedding...notice the cobra commander shirt i had on under my tux! yea...she stripped my tux off in front of everyone so i could wear the shirt!!
23518_10150166119490524_625345523_11890808_1850913_n.jpg

I can't find anyone who has the same interests as me.

And there's no LCS anywhere close to me.

:(

I sometimes go to Meltdown Comics here in Hollywood and there are babes galore in there all the time. I've talked to a few of them and there are cool as hell too.

My wife may not be as into this stuff as I am, but she takes interest in things that I get excited about. She loves Kick-Ass too! :yess:

damn................whos that? I dont ever go into any LCS's so I wouldnt know anything about any of this. I wouldnt say these types of chicks are the coolest, but they are up there. I for one, think chicks that train in some sort of martial arts are damn cool and extrememly sexy...........some anyways. Its all in perspective i guess, but these geeky hot chicks are kinda hard to find.

I haven't seen any girls worth talking to at my LCS but they are EVERYWHERE during Comic Con. I've always wondered where these chicks hide out in the "real world" cause I'll be damned if I know.

Maybe they're all around you, but you just don't know it... It's like seeing any hottie at any place. Except she might happen to be into comics and collectibles. That's my two cents, at least.

I sometimes go to Meltdown Comics here in Hollywood and there are babes galore in there all the time. I've talked to a few of them and there are cool as hell too.

My wife may not be as into this stuff as I am, but she takes interest in things that I get excited about. She loves Kick-Ass too! :yess:

Just watched that the other night with the wife too and she loved it and she usually doesn't get into that stuff. :rock :rock

Back