Why the Coolest Girls are Comic Book Geeks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through a nasty breakup over a year ago. I basically swore myself off the hunt, and as most folks will tell you, that's when you meet someone new.

I met the girl I'm talking to now at a special screening I was at with my friend, as some of you know, Doug Jones. Not trying to name drop, but it's just relevant. She's a huge fan and all. We had actually met a year ago at SDCC, and ran into each other again by chance this year. I'm not one to jump to any conclusions, but we've been steadily talking and hanging out for the last several weeks, and I've never been so pleased with my life.
I've never met a girl who likes Hellboy as much as I do, and that's a welcome change. :)

EDIT: Also worth note, she is gorgeous!

:clap Congrats man. Hope it all works out for you.

Regarding the thread, I'm married and my wife doesn't really care or geek out over the figures and things like I do. However, she doesn't have any issues (besides what I spend on it sometimes I suppose) with my collecting, helps me work on my room when I need it, and always goes to the most recent comic flicks with me.

I'm pretty lucky as I read some things on here about how people have to hide their collection or are ashamed of it when it comes to women etc. I wouldn't allow that to happen in the first place and by that I mean I wouldn't be with that person if it was going to be an issue. However, I'm still glad that she's cool with it and I don't have to go through any of that junk.

I went through a nasty breakup over a year ago. I basically swore myself off the hunt, and as most folks will tell you, that's when you meet someone new.

I met the girl I'm talking to now at a special screening I was at with my friend, as some of you know, Doug Jones. Not trying to name drop, but it's just relevant. She's a huge fan and all. We had actually met a year ago at SDCC, and ran into each other again by chance this year. I'm not one to jump to any conclusions, but we've been steadily talking and hanging out for the last several weeks, and I've never been so pleased with my life.
I've never met a girl who likes Hellboy as much as I do, and that's a welcome change. :)

:postpics:

no pics, no proof :rotfl

: points to self:

:D

How it going with this girl?

:clap Congrats man. Hope it all works out for you.

Regarding the thread, I'm married and my wife doesn't really care or geek out over the figures and things like I do. However, she doesn't have any issues (besides what I spend on it sometimes I suppose) with my collecting, helps me work on my room when I need it, and always goes to the most recent comic flicks with me.

I'm pretty lucky as I read some things on here about how people have to hide their collection or are ashamed of it when it comes to women etc. I wouldn't allow that to happen in the first place and by that I mean I wouldn't be with that person if it was going to be an issue. However, I'm still glad that she's cool with it and I don't have to go through any of that junk.

You like what you like and if someone you might be interested in can't appreciate it, then ___ 'em. I will never apologize for what I like because it is a part of who I am.

I'm lucky, I suppose, that I already had 100 Barbie dolls when I met my husband and he didn't run away screaming. Best of luck to everyone looking for :love

Back