Tennis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Andy played a great game today, He deserves all his success, he came from humble beginnings had to overcome major trauma in his life, has worked his nuts off and has now won the biggest event in his sport. :clap
P.S
Thanks for making me spill my drink too in that final game, the tension was unbelievable.

sounds like a great match and I didn't catch any of it:gah: Glad to hear that Murray won, especially after the emotion he showed last year finishing runner=up to Roger.

Now if Roger can win the USO, I'll be quite happy:yess:

Oh wow I've only now found this thread!!! I'm a HUGE Tennis fan! ❤️

The Wimbledon's Women's semis wrapped up, Halep being ousted.

Men's semis tomorrow! :panic: Though, looks like Nadal withdrew..

By the way, just saw the news about Nadal pulling out of Wimbledon. Major bummer. Hoped he'd get the three slams in a row.

Big bummer, I was hoping to watch him vs. Kyrgios tomorrow. Still, it's incredible that he just won Roland Garros this year.

A lot of arguments on twitter now - one side saying that Fritz should be allowed play the semi against Kyrgios and the other saying he shouldn't because he was beaten by an injured player.

Personally I side with the former. Whether Fritz deserves to go through is one thing but why should Kyrgios get a free run into the final? Why should fans be deprived of a match?

A lot of arguments on twitter now - one side saying that Fritz should be allowed play the semi against Kyrgios and the other saying he shouldn't because he was beaten by an injured player.

Personally I side with the former. Whether Fritz deserves to go through is one thing but why should Kyrgios get a free run into the final? Why should fans be deprived of a match?

Yep, same types of arguments going on the tennis forum I also visit. I can see both sides of the argument, but yeah I can see a "lucky loser" type scenario should Fritz be summoned to play. To be fair, he did push Nadal to five sets, the last being a tiebreaker.

Only one winner anyway. No one will beat Novak. All he has to do is beat the plucky Brit, should be easy enough & Kyrgios will probably beat himself in the final. Its a shame about Rafa because he's my favourite tennis player. Novak would probably of beaten Nadal in the final anyway, unfortunately Nadal's body is starting to creek now.

6m3u3k.jpg
:monkey3 :wink1: :wave

Kyrgios is from my hometown. His on-court persona is exactly how he is on the street, a right proper gobshite. When you meet his mother you can see where he gets his sense of entitlement. If he does manage to take it to Novak it’ll be great tennis tho.

Yep, same types of arguments going on the tennis forum I also visit. I can see both sides of the argument, but yeah I can see a "lucky loser" type scenario should Fritz be summoned to play. To be fair, he did push Nadal to five sets, the last being a tiebreaker.
People saying he shouldn't get to play the semi are arguing against the claim that it was unjust for Nadal to only pull out of the tournament after knocking Fritz out. But that's not why I think he should play - he should play because it's unjust for Kyrgios to go straight through, and with a much longer rest than Djokovic is going to have. He should play because fans will otherwise be shortchanged a match.

Kyrgios is from my hometown. His on-court persona is exactly how he is on the street, a right proper gobshite. When you meet his mother you can see where he gets his sense of entitlement. If he does manage to take it to Novak it’ll be great tennis tho.

Oh wow that's cool to know!

No doubt he's capable of playing lights out tennis, so I'm hoping he is able to perform well in the final.

People saying he shouldn't get to play the semi are arguing against the claim that it was unjust for Nadal to only pull out of the tournament after knocking Fritz out. But that's not why I think he should play - he should play because it's unjust for Kyrgios to go straight through, and with a much longer rest than Djokovic is going to have. He should play because fans will otherwise be shortchanged a match.

Yeah I can see why Fritz should be play the semis against Kyrgios, but it's all up to the Wimby Officials, however by the looks of things it seems unlikely..

It's gonna be great match either way, but I was looking forward to Nadal beating him lol

Back