Tennis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same but it's nice to see Rafa back playing.

I don't watch like I used to and don't have the Tennis Channel. I came down to Roundtable to check it out. I will have cinnamon twists coming in awhile. I'd like to start them during the 3rd set:pray:

Watching sports with casual interest
icon_cool.gif

Watching sports when you care who wins
ohnoes.gif

Sure I'd love to see Roger beat Rafa while they're playing their best, but for now, I'd settle with Rafa somehow going into a tailspin and Roger coming out on top
icon_biggrin.gif

Murray all the way for me. Though even if he isn't beaten by some unknown like Nadal and Federer were he probably won't beat Djokovic.

Crazy and on the womans side with some big names going out.

On the mens side, I'm hoping for Murray or Haas...Ferrer or Berdych would be ok with me too. Was going for Roger:(

Crazy and on the womans side with some big names going out.

On the mens side, I'm hoping for Murray or Haas...Ferrer or Berdych would be ok with me too. Was going for Roger:(

Nothing ever really surprises me in the women's game to be honest. Compared to the men they're pretty inconsistent. 'Big' names quite often underperform and thus I don't think its newsworthy like Federer going out in the 2nd round. For that matter I don't even know a lot of names, granted I only ever look at Wimbledon, I'm not an all-year-round tennis fan. It does seem to me though that so few women players now are memorable. Not like the days of Navratilova, Steffi Graf, Monica Seles, Capriati, Davenport, Hingis etc etc. Sharapova and Williams is pretty much all I know today.

I don't have any TV service at all so I didn't catch either match. I really hope Murray wins this one:yess:

a-dev, have you heard of Justine Henin?
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvROzdmkgqA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvROzdmkgqA[/ame]

I vaguely remember her. As I said I don't pay much attention to the women's game although I heard one of the semi-finals this week was as epic as it gets. Is Henin still competitive?

No, she retired a first time and then made a short comeback but then retired again. She was from Belgium like Kim Clijsters. Beautiful game
bowdown.gif

Ohhh I'm off tomorrow, I'll actually be able to watch the final. I was in work for yesterday's match just looking at the live scoresheet on the Wimbledon homepage. Though it was less nerve-wracking 'watching' it that way.

Andy has beaten Djoko before, please let him manage it tomorrow. :pray:

I might have said the same but so far so very good. 2 sets ahead and already a break ahead in the 3rd (potentially final). Unbelievable. The bigger shock now would be for him to fall apart and let Djokovic come back into it.

Pretty straight forward in the end three straight sets. Well done Murray.

Back