Star Wars Celebration V looks like it has been confirmed for 2010.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indy and L.A. are definitely out.

Odds for location:

Chicago: 2-1

Baltimore: 3-1

Contracts should be signed soon, then the official announcement will be made.

Most likely that's where it will be. Apparently, it's only contracts that are keeping it from being locked down at this point. Baltimore would be the back-up.

for some stupid reason when this was in Denver, I skipped it. Regret that now.

L.A. is not out yet. At the Star Wars Spectacular Panel at Comic Con, Steve Sansweet mentioned L.A. as one of the possibilities. I remember he also mentioned Orlando and Chicago. Don't ask me which were the other cities he mentioned because I don't remember. He mentioned like 5 or 6 cities.

They might have to mention L.A. contractually or something. But it'd be pretty shocking if it were there. CIV was by far the least successful financially..

Orlando is fighting very hard for every big convention possible. I have complete faith that they can satisfy whatever needs Lucas may have.

For the timeframe that would most likely be C5 it would be a nightmare. I posted a list of reasons a couple of pages back but I'm too lazy to repost. I'm telling you that Orlando itself would be a mad house if C5 ended up there. I would say its a longshot.

I think MegaCon is just as big as the Celebrations (except for no store) and Orlando seems to handle that pretty well.

That said, odds are still on Chicago.

I wonder where in Chicago would they like to do this?...
I hope not in Rosemont, it's way too small for this...
Downtown in McCormick place would be better, though it would be a traffic nightmare since the EL doesn't get there... just the buses...
Interesting, if it's in Chicago I'll be there though...

when it was in Denver was it during a storm? Did Denver do a poor job?

I think MegaCon is just as big as the Celebrations (except for no store) and Orlando seems to handle that pretty well.

MegaCon is in August if I remember correctly. August is considered off season for the theme park region. Its the last week of August which at both Disney World and Universal Studios is considered "value" season. If Celebrations follow suit it'd be in April which is considered peak season and has amazing attendance for both major theme parks from not only Spring Break traffic, Easter vacationeers and International travellers. Anyone who has been to Orlando during this time period can testify to how busy it is and how hard it is to get a room even a couple of months ahead. Now imagine a major Star Wars celebration to the already busy travel time and you've got a major headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back