Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yes, because a renowned military leader utilizing strategy, vessels, and troops is a crutch in the same way as relying instead on witch magic to revive dead troops, discover hidden adversaries, and arm allies when conventional tactics keep *failing repeatedly.*

Oof.
He has limited resources and the troops/equipment he does have aren’t exactly running at peak efficiency.

I have to go with Myenshi on this one. Ezra indicated that Thrawn was the one who discovered the Nightsister temple & forged an alliance. Clearly he wouldn't have done so if the circumstances didn't warrant it. As I've theorized previously, I still think his reliance on magic witches is a result of his own forces being severely depleted, and this last episode did nothing to disprove that theory. And I can't think of any other Imperial admiral in the SW canon who's ever displayed the acumen to recognize the need for outside assistance let alone act on it, so on my Imperial Command scorecard Thrawn's already way ahead on points. :lol
Wouldn't he have relied on witches for their ability to communicate remotely with beings in the other galaxy? *That* much makes enough sense. I don't object to that at all (other than stretching my tolerance for the extent of how much magic solves in these stories).

He has limited resources and the troops/equipment he does have aren’t exactly running at peak efficiency.
That's fine. But peak efficiency hasn't been a requirement for Thrawn to succeed in the past. He's going to be outnumbered when he takes an Imperial remnant up against a galactic republic. It would've been nice to establish his ability to overcome the odds by way of tactical brilliance rather than magic, IMO.

Wouldn't he have relied on witches for their ability to communicate remotely with beings in the other galaxy? *That* much makes enough sense. I don't object to that at all (other than stretching my tolerance for the extent of how much magic solves in these stories).

Yes he did. The Night Mothers communicated to Morgan what needed to be done through their magics. Using a mystical Nightsister hotline is not the worst way to write yourself out of a corner I suppose. It would’ve been some kind of MacGuffin no matter what.

Though I wonder how many surviving Nightsisters hung up on them before they finally got through to one that didn’t think it was some kind of mystical telemarketer scam.

Night Mothers: Greetings sister, we are calling all the way from another galaxy here with the Grand Admiral Thrawn. Yes, the blue one. We need you to build a giant hyperspace ring that will fit an Imperial I class Star Destroyer to help bring him back.

And please contact the Imperial Remnant. They will be excited to hear he is still alive. You will be richly rewarded and not ordered to your death. We promise.

IMG_3596.jpeg

Merrin: *hangs up*

Thrawn had one goal, get back to his Galaxy. He accomplished this, sure while trying to escape his exile he was embattled with Ahsoka, but like he pretty much said, we can leave them here stranded, no difference to me we just gotta get tf out.
Baylan was my favorite character from the season. RIP Ray. Curious if they’ll leave his story a mystery or recast him as what he finds could be part of the way Ahsoka and Sabine get back. Who knows. Really hope Hot Toys makes him

I feel like this is the right direction for star wars tbh. Exteneded lore, more jedi and minor call backs to fan favorite events. Not the same old retread. Saw a twitter crybaby complaining that the next film is inspired by heir to empire and that Star wars is taking inspiration from stuff written before but it's ok when marvel does it with the comics? Dude got destroyed of course.

Presumably Huyang must have had one in his parts storage. He had everything else so why not a few Kyber crystals too? Ahsoka will need one now to to rebuild her lost lightsaber.
Thought so but from what I picked up from TCW its important to form a bond with your crystal and have the right one pick you, If I remember correctly Huyang himself taught that lesson lol.

Thought so but from what I picked up from TCW its important to form a bond with your crystal and have the right one pick you, If I remember correctly Huyang himself taught that lesson lol.
Since when has Filoni been consistent?? You are supposed to not pay attention and just go "ermagerd! Lertsabuuuuur!"

Only thing I found myself wishing for was that Filoni had hired Zahn to write Thrawn's dialog for the show. Let Dave write his character (Ahsoka), and Zahn write his (Thrawn).
I supposed thats one of the downsides of having grown up reading most of the original novels. All the new stuff feels so detached, like they have no love or care for any of these old characters or Star Wars at all. Only in it for the $$$$.

I can't remember what happened to Ezra's first lightsaber. His first saber had a blue crystal. Maybe this came from that?

I go to a gashapon machine. I see there is one toy in a set of 8 that I want. I proceed to put money in (300 yen a go) and out pops the ball and... it is the worst one in the set. I proceed to get 2 more. Neither are the one I want. I see there 2 left in the machine so say to myself "I have successfully reduced their number, now the odds of me getting the one I want are in my favour, just as I planned".
I put more money in (running out of coins fast) and get the remaining the 2 balls only to discover neither are the one I want. The machine is now empty. "Now, the only course of action the store owner will be forced to take is the one I intended, for him to refill the machine".
The machine gets refilled after alerting staff to it being empty. Another 5 balls later (and overall 10 balls and 3,000 yen spent) I finally get the one I wanted. "At last, my plan is complete, victory is mine, just as I foresaw".

Proceed to walk away from store confident in my victory not noticing the various gashapon toys falling out of my bag through a gaping hole. I notice someone just outright buying the toy I was after from a store for 600 yen to which I exclaim "ha! What a fool!" as I leave "mine cost only 300 yen!"

My name is Thrawn. Filoni's Thrawn. I have a high IQ by the way. Everyone at the shared accommodation fears my eventual return because I am so much smarter than them. Victory is always mine in the end.

Back