Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weak writing is the issue as usual for Disney shows. Lots of contrivances and Thrawn didn't seem to actually outwit anyone. He actually helped his enemies by bringing them together, failed to find Ezra for a whole decade despite the witches being able to pinpoint Ahsokas location in seconds in a debris field begging the question why he never did that for Ezra, he kept sending too few forces to intercept his enemies so they would inevitably fail etc etc etc. Not the genius tactician he is supposed to be from the books, more the pseudo intellectual from Rebels. Given that his whole unique selling point is that he is supposed to be a genius tactician and intellectual his writing in the show is a complete fail. Now, if Gilroy had written Thrawn it might have been far far better but whatever. Live action thrawn is an average imperial officer who talks like everything is going to plan, much like when I go to cross the road and trip over, land in some dog poop, lose control of my bowels before standing up to see the bus I was trying to catch leaving and say to everyone around me confidently "everything is going according to plan" before sitting at the bus stop to wait for the next one.

The visual effects for the show were mostly good and Ezra brought some much needed life to the last couple eps. Sabine was less annoying this final episode too thankfully. Hopefully her writing in the next show/ movie continues that improvement.

Weak writing is the issue as usual for Disney shows. Lots of contrivances and Thrawn didn't seem to actually outwit anyone. He actually helped his enemies by bringing them together, failed to find Ezra for a whole decade despite the witches being able to pinpoint Ahsokas location in seconds in a debris field begging the question why he never did that for Ezra, he kept sending too few forces to intercept his enemies so they would inevitably fail etc etc etc. Not the genius tactician he is supposed to be from the books, more the pseudo intellectual from Rebels. Given that his whole unique selling point is that he is supposed to be a genius tactician and intellectual his writing in the show is a complete fail. Now, if Gilroy had written Thrawn it might have been far far better but whatever. Live action thrawn is an average imperial officer who talks like everything is going to plan, much like when I go to cross the road and trip over, land in some dog poop, lose control of my bowels before standing up to see the bus I was trying to catch leaving and say to everyone around me confidently "everything is going according to plan" before sitting at the bus stop to wait for the next one.

The visual effects for the show were mostly good and Ezra brought some much needed life to the last couple eps. Sabine was less annoying this final episode too thankfully. Hopefully her writing in the next show/ movie continues that improvement.
Again, I think his primary focus was returning to his own galaxy so he was always prioritizing the use of resources (troops, equipment. etc.) toward achieving that goal. In the finale Ezra himself stated he never went anywhere near the Nightsister temple & Thrawn after arriving so he was no threat before now (but Thrawn kept tabs on him nonetheless). And yes, his sending only two TIE fighters to attack Ahsoka's ship WAS similar to his sending only two squadrons to support Baylan & Shin in the previous episode. You've interpreted that as not sending a sufficient quantity, whereas I think he didn't have that many remaining & was trying to leave that galaxy with as many of his loyal "real" troops as possible. If he had a vastly superior force (in terms of sheer numbers) he wouldn't have needed the witches to reanimate that last squadron of night troopers or send Morgan to her likely demise.

Thought so but from what I picked up from TCW its important to form a bond with your crystal and have the right one pick you, If I remember correctly Huyang himself taught that lesson lol.
True but they clearly were just in need of weapons at the moment. Certainly not ideal but Luke did alright with his first lightsaber too before making his own.

Did anyone else notice had shocked Morgan looked
Spoiler Spoiler:
Did you notice that she had two wounds, one from the lightsaber and one from the Blade of Talzin? Maybe the latter was actually what killed her lol. After all, lightsabers are elegant weapons from a more civilized age.

True but they clearly were just in need of weapons at the moment. Certainly not ideal but Luke did alright with his first lightsaber too before making his own.
My takeaway from that Huyang/Ezra scene was that when the Jedi temple fell Huyang determined it was more important to save his lightsaber parts inventory than it was to save any younglings lol...

The way I interpreted all that was Thrawn realized his forces would never defeat the Jedi (because: history), so the most he could hope to do was delay them as long as possible.

And honesty I wasn't too bothered by his tactics, it was just how painfully long it took them to load up the Star Destroyer and leave the freakin planet (a process that somehow took three full episodes). I mean he's had years to prepare for this moment, and they're only just now transferring the cargo to the ship?? 😄

Anyone know where Ezra found a kyber crystal to build his new lightsaber?
😁

There's a lot of GAPS. Questions. Questions that need answering.

Watched last night and overall, Eman Esfandi is nailing Ezra's mannerisms and personality, I'd rather watch him.
Sabine is dull. Waste of our dark Jedi not enough screen time.

Not agreeing with the meltdowns on YT. It's like, or is, a Rebels sequel except keeps hammering this woman sisterhood bonding *&^% and I don't buy Sabine being a Force user. Some nice design. Appreciate Dawson's physicality she put the work in.

*Shrug*.:drink Onward to Andor and Season 4 Mando.

The way I interpreted all that was Thrawn realized his forces would never defeat the Jedi (because: history), so the most he could hope to do was delay them as long as possible.

And honesty I wasn't too bothered by his tactics, it was just how painfully long it took them to load up the Star Destroyer and leave the freakin planet (a process that somehow took three full episodes). I mean he's had years to prepare for this moment, and they're only just now transferring the cargo to the ship?? 😄
As far as Thrawn is concerned, he stranded all the Jedi good and bad in another galaxy. Other than Ezra , he did, so it was a victory for him.

Back