Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOffff.... While the show itself sounds promising, that trailer looks like a CGI videogame cutscene with live action actors inserted. Disney is soooo messed up financially, that it clearly shows in the production value on these shows. Visually they are getting worse and worse with every new season and show. This almost looks like a low budget CW show, or even worse a fan made film with cosplaying fans as the actors (other than the known named actors of course).

And Heir To The Empire is one of the greatest stories in SW ever told. In no way will this live up to that. More fan service that will not go well in the long run. They are taking characters and story lines and completely reinventing it in a way which will NEVER live up to the original. Complete waste of time and sure to piss of more long term fans than gain new ones who have no idea what they are watching.

I really liked the Ahsoka HT figure and was on my maybe list depending on this show, but now after seeing this trailer I think I am passing on both this show and all and any new merch.. I will stick to OT & PT stuff only. Starting to regret the few Mando HT figures I own... Instead of looking at them and smiling, I look at them and shake my head in disgust.... :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
OOffff.... While the show itself sounds promising, that trailer looks like a CGI videogame cutscene with live action actors inserted. Disney is soooo messed up financially, that it clearly shows in the production value on these shows. Visually they are getting worse and worse with every new season and show. This almost looks like a low budget CW show, or even worse a fan made film with cosplaying fans as the actors (other than the known named actors of course).

And Heir To The Empire is one of the greatest stories in SW ever told. In no way will this live up to that. More fan service that will not go well in the long run. They are taking characters and story lines and completely reinventing it in a way which will NEVER live up to the original. Complete waste of time and sure to piss of more long term fans than gain new ones who have no idea what they are watching.

I really liked the Ahsoka HT figure and was on my maybe list depending on this show, but now after seeing this trailer I think I am passing on both this show and all and any new merch.. I will stick to OT & PT stuff only. Starting to regret the few Mando HT figures I own... Instead of looking at them and smiling, I look at them and shake my head in disgust.... :lol
Don’t think it has anything to do with money, the VFX studios are just at their limit with so much content in the works at once.

Zeb was the one I had doubts on appearing but wit him showing up on Mando I can’t imagine they dumped those CGI resources into a small cameo and not intended on using them again. I’d say any Rebels characters are fair game. I wouldn’t be surprised by a force ghost or flash back Kanan either at this point.

Maybe, but if thats the case I need Kanan so that I can finally have a Hot Toys figure of one of the best Jedi.
That’s my biggest hope for this show. Even if it’s a hot mess, at least we have a decent chance of getting some new characters in 1:6. If they only make Ahsoka and Thrawn from this show I would be content. HT loves their Mandos though so I bet Sabine is on their list. Hera and Chopper would probably be less likely than even a flashback Kanan, because lightsabers.

That’s my biggest hope for this show. Even if it’s a hot mess, at least we have a decent chance of getting some new characters in 1:6. If they only make Ahsoka and Thrawn from this show I would be content. HT loves their Mandos though so I bet Sabine is on their list. Hera and Chopper would probably be less likely than even a flashback Kanan, because lightsabers.
I want those new dark siders too, they look bad ass.

Sabine is one of my most wanted figures, love her colour schemes.

Surprised at the tepid reaction here, because I think this looks absolutely badass and about a thousand times better than Mando right now. Since it seems to have an actual story and cool action and lots of great villains for her to fight.
Thank you, This forum has way too many people who come here to be edgy and continually post nothing but one up’s trying to be more edgy than the last….

For all the bitching and moaning they continue to post knowing all the details and news, and continue to contribute nothing valuable to the conversation….its all attention seeking.

To me, this looks like it could be a home run already. Time will tell. Bringing Thrawn and the Rebels story to live action is a no brainer win.

Seeing Zeb in Mandalorian was such a tease….but welcome. Especially with the tepid stalling S3 of Mandalorian.

We have some really great charcaters in Rebels that are dismissed by some of the fandom because its a “cartoon”.
Rebels had some of the best world building story of any of the “childrens” show, including The Clone Wars.

I for one am excited for it, as I am for all new SW material. Critiques is always helpful, but to just sit around and destroy a show all day long makes me question a persons real motive for watching anything.

We have seen zero about the new Rey project, but its already being lambasted by people who obviously have supernatural ability to see the future…..

1680891598630.gif

This forum is aggressively negative about pretty much everything, I usually avoid this section for that reason.

That being said, the trailer looks incredible, I'm very, very much looking forward to this. The Sith characters are something I didn't expect, curious to know what they're about.

Surprised at the tepid reaction here, because I think this looks absolutely badass and about a thousand times better than Mando right now. Since it seems to have an actual story and cool action and lots of great villains for her to fight.
It's not surprising that nobody trusts this corporation to produce excellent content anymore; there are a lot more misses than hits. The trailer is good, but it's just a trailer. I'll check it out but ...

It's not surprising that nobody trusts this corporation to produce excellent content anymore; there are a lot more misses than hits. The trailer is good, but it's just a trailer. I'll check it out but ...

Yeah we've certainly been let down before, but it's not going to keep me from geeking out and getting excited over the possibility of something cool. And I hope I never get to that point where I just become overly cynical about every single thing from the start.

I get that, but I am a glass half full kinda guy. The wins have been huge to me.

Wins

Rouge One

Andor

Obi-wan (This was great fun to me, even with the lackluster main villain)

First two Mandalorian seasons.

Solo (This is a fun film, people just couldnt handle the Ford issue)

The Force Awakens (has some great beginnings, still a fun watch)

Middle
The Rise of Skywalker (I dont hate this like most, some stupid stuff, but a fun SW ride)

Losses
Boba Fett ( Never have underatood the Fett worship from like 6 minutes of screen time, so I was not as disapponted as the rest)

The Last Jedi (Just disjointed, I had no problems with Lukes arc, but the rest was just a waste of time)

Bad Batch (Clone nonsense)

I get that, but I am a glass half full kinda guy. The wins have been huge to me.

Wins

Rouge One

Andor
Huge wins.
Obi-wan (This was great fun to me, even with the lackluster main villain)
Agree to disagree.
First two Mandalorian seasons.
Lots of fun albeit uneven.
Solo (This is a fun film, people just couldnt handle the Ford issue)
Also fun.
The Force Awakens (has some great beginnings, still a fun watch)

Middle
The Rise of Skywalker (I dont hate this like most, some stupid stuff, but a fun SW ride)

Losses
Boba Fett ( Never have underatood the Fett worship from like 6 minutes of screen time, so I was not as disapponted as the rest)

The Last Jedi (Just disjointed, I had no problems with Lukes arc, but the rest was just a waste of time)
All losses for me, but ... weighted losses. Heavy losses. :LOL:
Bad Batch (Clone nonsense)
I abandoned that after the first couple of episodes; the last couple I checked out after hearing some buzz and they were pretty well done, but it's still a kids' show, hence Omega getting in gun fights I guess.

So for me, more misses than hits. If that Ahsoka show delivers on the foreboding and excitement in the trailer -- to the level of say, S1 and S2 of Mando, it'll be a win.

Yeah we've certainly been let down before, but it's not going to keep me from geeking out and getting excited over the possibility of something cool. And I hope I never get to that point where I just become overly cynical about every single thing from the start.
A nerd is never overly cynical, nor are they too excited, they're precisely as hyped as they mean to be. :lecture

Back