Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that, but I am a glass half full kinda guy. The wins have been huge to me.

Wins

Rouge One

Andor

Obi-wan (This was great fun to me, even with the lackluster main villain)

First two Mandalorian seasons.

Solo (This is a fun film, people just couldnt handle the Ford issue)

The Force Awakens (has some great beginnings, still a fun watch)

Middle
The Rise of Skywalker (I dont hate this like most, some stupid stuff, but a fun SW ride)

Losses
Boba Fett ( Never have underatood the Fett worship from like 6 minutes of screen time, so I was not as disapponted as the rest)

The Last Jedi (Just disjointed, I had no problems with Lukes arc, but the rest was just a waste of time)

Bad Batch (Clone nonsense)
For me it's more like 50/50 in terms of wins and losses. But the wins (Rogue One, TFA, Rebels, the first two seasons of Mando) were so good it more than makes up for weaker stuff in my mind.

My ideal choice for Thrawn would be Benedict Cumberbatch. After him, Christian Bale.

Collider asked Benedict about it while he was shooting MoM and he shot it down. Things might have changed.

My ideal choice for Thrawn would be Benedict Cumberbatch. After him, Christian Bale.

Collider asked Benedict about it while he was shooting MoM and he shot it down. Things might have changed.

Lars. Mikkelsen. He was already perfect as Thrawn in Rebels.

Keep your Cucumbers away.

Last edited:
Surprised at the tepid reaction here, because I think this looks absolutely badass and about a thousand times better than Mando right now. Since it seems to have an actual story and cool action and lots of great villains for her to fight.

We are extremely jaded because of great-looking trailers followed up with extremely..... questionable actual content in the past. We have had rugs pulled out from underneath us several times now.

(People are praising this last episode of Mando to the skies on FB. Its very jarring to me, its as if Im not even the same species as some of these people. Its as if "They Live" was a documentary.)

I would love to seethe with the boundless enthusiasm for everything, all the time and all at once as some people do. But I dont scatter my praise lightly. When and if any show earns my praise and my love, I will happily give it.

Ahsoka can justify my love.

Never watched any animated SW stuff or read any novels so I'm judging this by the trailer only. Definitely looks better than Mando season 3, with the only non-SW looking character being the purple haired lady. I'll check it out.

Never watched any animated SW stuff or read any novels so I'm judging this by the trailer only. Definitely looks better than Mando season 3, with the only non-SW looking character being the purple haired lady. I'll check it out.
I would really recommend watching them TCW and Rebels have some of the best Star Wars moments ever.
And that's Sabine, she's a Mandalorian, her whole quirk is that she does art etc. so her hair matches the colour scheme of her armour that she also painted.
1680950101489.png

(People are praising this last episode of Mando to the skies on FB. Its very jarring to me, its as if Im not even the same species as some of these people. Its as if "They Live" was a

Yes I've seen similar. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
Those of us who found the episode lacking or consider it the most shark jumping episode of The Mandalorian seem to be in the minority.
Makes me question what even is Star Wars anymore? What is Star Wars fandom? I clearly don't belong in it anymore if this latest Mando is amazing and what the fandom loves and wants more of.
Apparently most of the fans love this stuff.

I hope the Ahsoka series has the quality you're after. I thought when watching the trailer that this is where Filoni put all his love and attention, rather than into Mando season 3.
I think fans of Filoni and his approach to the Force and Star Wars, his inclusion of all those Rebels characters etc will happy.

Those of us who found the episode lacking or consider it the most shark jumping episode of The Mandalorian seem to be in the minority.
Makes me question what even is Star Wars anymore? What is Star Wars fandom? I clearly don't belong in it anymore if this latest Mando is amazing and what the fandom loves and wants more of.

I hope the Ahsoka series has the quality you're after. I thought when watching the trailer that this is where Filoni put all his love and attention, rather than into Mando season 3.
I think fans of Filoni and his approach to the Force and Star Wars, his inclusion of all those Rebels characters etc will happy.
I feel he's been mostly absent from S3 of The Mandalorian apart from the episode he has a writing credit for (which was probably just the Grogu flashback), cause it really feels like JF has went full BOBF with this Season 3. I think JF needs the leash back on. Say what you will but Filoni knows Star Wars, I don't think Favreau knows much about it apart from the movies etc.

I wont even watch this show unless i see absolutely rave reviews out here first. Im actually about to start watching Andor and I will see where that takes me.

I was getting my hair done during BoBF and the stylist next chair over was absolutely RAVING about how wonderful that show was to her (quite disinterested) client, also admitting that she knew nothing about SW or Fett in particular but IT WAS THE GREAAATTTEESSSTTT THING! i sat there purposefully keeping my mouth shut, listening and wondering what this universe even was and what was my place in it? I dont think that we are the target audience anymore. SW is something else now, but im not sure exactly what.

I feel like if I was in the Garden of Eden, an angel with a flaming sword would appear, point to the main gate and say GET. OUT. Plainly I do not belong in this fandom...? I dont know -why- I cant just accept stuff and be mindlessly happy. But I just cant. I want more.

Back