Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty fly...for a Skyguy.

I'll see myself out...
4c1582c2134fb50666a8138436324a97.gif

"Can I see you over here for just a minute, Goatchumby?"​

Rumours (so take with a pinch of salt) but very interesting/exciting if true;

Spoiler Spoiler:

Rumours (so take with a pinch of salt) but very interesting/exciting if true;

Spoiler Spoiler:
:unsure: Interesting.

Spoiler Spoiler:
"Reveals" ...she is not responsible"? Was this ever even in question? Read as Disney Story Group workshop 101: add something that wasn't even there so we can argue against it. True or not sounds like more revisionist $%!# to attempt to give the derivative characters angst and relevance, likely at the expense of the originals.

That said I liked the Dawson / Pascal a rōnin/drifter Jedi and a Mandalorian team-up conflict of interest- enemy of my enemy is my friend - dynamic, if the FavrOni-verse want to lean into more of that I'm good.
take-this-staff-ahsoka-tano.gif

On the other hand the time-travel realm-between-realms feels like absolute fan-fic level overweight crap to justify a character being there who shouldn't.
I have no interest in how Ezmo survived his space whale adventure.

Last edited:
Those rumors sound both interestingly good and bad at the same time... :lol

Why does everything currently have to have the same concepts of multiverse/time travel?? The MCU, DCEU (if Flash actually gets released), Indiana Jones, and now Star Wars too.... Enough already. :slap :horse

And, do we have a Mando quality show on our hands, or another BOBF/OWK crap fest? :dunno

It's sad that logically one must lean to the latter.

Those rumors sound both interestingly good and bad at the same time... :lol

Why does everything currently have to have the same concepts of multiverse/time travel?? The MCU, DCEU (if Flash actually gets released), Indiana Jones, and now Star Wars too.... Enough already. :slap :horse

And, do we have a Mando quality show on our hands, or another BOBF/OWK crap fest? :dunno

It's sad that logically one must lean to the latter.
I agree. I’m over reshowing, redoing, filling in the gaps etc.

Andor has shown the way and I won’t accept anything lesser.

I'm getting really tired of this different timeline stuff. I thought the world between worlds was really lame when they did it in Rebels, and that it was one of the worst points of any otherwise very good final season. I hate this different universe stuff in the MCU - it's actually made me stop watching entirely. I can't say I'm going to be excited about the Ahsoka show if they lean too heavily into this crap.

The idea of Ahsoka versus Vader on Mustafar is actually really, really cool. I think it'd be neat to see how that would have played out. Would she have done more to try and bring him back than Obi-Wan did? Would she have left him for dead the way Obi-Wan did? Is she even capable of winning that fight? If she lost, how does that effect Anakin? To that point he just killed a bunch of people that didn't matter all that much to him.

Why can't that be a Force vision though? Luke saw himself as Vader in a vision, why couldn't Ahsoka do the same thing? So many other Jedi throughout the story had visions that helped them grow or sway their actions - Luke, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Cal Kestis, Kanan Jarrus, etc. This would have been a great time for Ahsoka to learn about herself through the Force without needing a multiverse.

Leave that for Doctor Who.

I love the the World Between World. Opens SW up to all kinds of possibilities.... like erasing the ST. :monkey3
It does inadvertently make Disney canon a separate time-line / universe despite-themselves, which is metatextualy satisfying.
Yet if you really followed that, you never needed Disney to insert time-travel to expunge it anyway.
So why celebrate it. :p

Last edited:
I was never particularly interested in this series. It's an Ahsoka show with Filoni involved. His special original character...
I've said before I'm not a fan of Filoniisms. I don't like the space whales, all the animal spirit stuff like those wolf things, Loth cats, that weird Force owl thing etc etc.
I really really didn't like the Father, Son, Daughter Force embodiment stuff (though how much of that was Lucas as I've heard he was involved with TCW)
I also really didn't like the world between worlds thing.
I didn't like any of the characters on Rebels so the various rumours and casting news about Rebels characters appearing in this doesn't exactly excite me.
Then we get this rumour. Yikes.
And on top of that, as I've posted before, I'm not particularly interested in the Jedi and The Force stuff. Least interesting things in Star Wars. I've always preferred the non Force user characters.
Sorry the negativity and the whining. I know a lot fans love Filoni and his Filoniisms. Love his characters, particularly Ahsoka and love the Jedi and their lightsabers.
That's all absolutely fine, it's just that I'm at the opposite side of what I like about Star Wars.
Right, I'll leave the thread to those that are positive about the show and are excited for it.

"Reveals" ...she is not responsible"? Was this ever even in question? Read as Disney Story Group workshop 101: add something that wasn't even there so we can argue against it. True or not sounds like more revisionist $%!# to attempt to give the derivative characters angst and relevance, likely at the expense of the originals.

That said I liked the Dawson / Pascal a rōnin/drifter Jedi and a Mandalorian team-up conflict of interest- enemy of my enemy is my friend - dynamic, if the FavrOni-verse want to lean into more of that I'm good.
take-this-staff-ahsoka-tano.gif

On the other hand the time-travel realm-between-realms feels like absolute fan-fic level overweight crap to justify a character being there who shouldn't.
I have no interest in how Ezmo survived his space whale adventure.
I'd like to see a live action space whale...

I was never particularly interested in this series. It's an Ahsoka show with Filoni involved. His special original character...
I've said before I'm not a fan of Filoniisms. I don't like the space whales, all the animal spirit stuff like those wolf things, Loth cats, that weird Force owl thing etc etc.
I really really didn't like the Father, Son, Daughter Force embodiment stuff (though how much of that was Lucas as I've heard he was involved with TCW)
I also really didn't like the world between worlds thing.
I didn't like any of the characters on Rebels so the various rumours and casting news about Rebels characters appearing in this doesn't exactly excite me.
Then we get this rumour. Yikes.
And on top of that, as I've posted before, I'm not particularly interested in the Jedi and The Force stuff. Least interesting things in Star Wars. I've always preferred the non Force user characters.
Sorry the negativity and the whining. I know a lot fans love Filoni and his Filoniisms. Love his characters, particularly Ahsoka and love the Jedi and their lightsabers.
That's all absolutely fine, it's just that I'm at the opposite side of what I like about Star Wars.
Right, I'll leave the thread to those that are positive about the show and are excited for it.
Damn fr? I think the force and the Jedi and sith is the only interesting thing in Star Wars. Hate the rebels vs empire stuff. But that’s just me. I guess I was just raised on swinging lightsabers 😂

Damn fr? I think the force and the Jedi and sith is the only interesting thing in Star Wars. Hate the rebels vs empire stuff. But that’s just me. I guess I was just raised on swinging lightsabers 😂
Yeah, different generations I guess. Star Wars is very different today or even the 00's during the PT, than it was in the late 70's, the 80's and pre PT 90's.
There's a much larger focus on the Jedi, the Force and lightsabers in Star Wars post PT and The Jedi are a lot more powerful and prevalent in the stories after the PT.
The Force and the Jedi were always important since the OT but there was plenty of room for stories about non Force users and plenty of non Force user characters.
Pre PT EU (Legends) had some really fantastic stuff that followed the OT in how Force users were presented; rare and limited power.
Plenty of stories about the scum and villainy. Not a glowstick wielded by a bathrobe wearing monk in sight.
Back when the Jedi uniform wasn't just what Ben Kenobi wore on Tattooine (which just seemed to be what the residents of Tattooine wore).
Yoda and The Emperor were so powerful in the Force they didn't even need lightsabers.
Of course now we have ridiculous leaping frog Yoda with his teeny tiny lightsaber.
The old pre PT EU with excellent stories like the Thrawn trilogy, Shadows of the Empire, the "Tales From" books, the amazing X-Wing books etc etc.
And they weren't just "Empire vs Rebels" either. We had some great bounty hunter stories, plenty of stories based around the Hutts.
It all fit nicely in with the OT.
Now it's all about Jedi who are more like Marvel superheroes.
Now we have silly Filoni Force spirit animals and space whales. Force families that represent the lightside and darkside. With have magic Force time travel plot devices about worlds between worlds.
All this new stuff, this modern Disney Jedi/Sith/Force stuff is for the superheroes MCU generation.
I liked The Mandalorian and Andor partly because the Force and the Jedi were either not present at all, like Andor, or, although Grogu is important in the show, the show has plenty of non Force user, non Jedi stuff in it. Like the OT.

SICK TO DEATH of multiverse/time travel/world between world nonsensical stories in ALL of the different franchises. It smacks of laziness and lack of creativity. It stripes any character or event of consequences or interest. Why invest in a character or story if whatever happens can be wisked away in the next installment?

I was cautiously optimistic about this show because I enjoyed Dawson's take on it. But the more "news" that sneaks out is making this sound more like a fan fricky extension of the cartoons. Not my cup of tea.

Hope those that dig that stuff enjoy it.

I'll just sit back and wait for S2 of Andor.

SICK TO DEATH of multiverse/time travel/world between world nonsensical stories in ALL of the different franchises. It smacks of laziness and lack of creativity. It stripes any character or event of consequences or interest. Why invest in a character or story if whatever happens can be wisked away in the next installment?

I was cautiously optimistic about this show because I enjoyed Dawson's take on it. But the more "news" that sneaks out is making this sound more like a fan fricky extension of the cartoons. Not my cup of tea.

Hope those that dig that stuff enjoy it.

I'll just sit back and wait for S2 of Andor.
Yep. I'm a fan of Rebels, and even of the mysticism in Lothal - the Jedi temple, etc.
But time travel and all that stuff IMO is weak writing, like characters getting "visions" and ESP and getting "feelings".
If you've written yourself into a corner, do something interesting.

Back