Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot 2022-05-09 111810.jpg

Well, at least they can't really ruin Ahsoka as a character. But they can ruin the characters she interacts with... Mando, Luke.....

Can't wait to see her start training/advising Luke Skywalker, as I'm sure he needs her superior council!!! And how much she owns him during they're sparing sessions... :yess:

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

They sure tried to ruin Boba, did they not? The only thing holding him together rn is the devotion of his fans as they crane their necks to see past the damage done in BoBF.

Its really bad luck to even THINK this, dude.

Damage done for me personally. I've done the old Klingon crossed-arms-spin-on-the-spot-back-to-the-shamed-one manoeuvre on Boba.

Well, at least they can't really ruin Ahsoka as a character. But they can ruin the characters she interacts with... Mando, Luke.....

Can't wait to see her start training/advising Luke Skywalker, as I'm sure he needs her superior council!!! And how much she owns him during they're sparing sessions... :yess:

:monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

...I wonder how they're gonna screw this one up.

They sure tried to ruin Boba, did they not? The only thing holding him together rn is the devotion of his fans as they crane their necks to see past the damage done in BoBF.

The best thing you can be is a female in the Star Wars universe. The plot armor is thick.

If you are an OT character, be terrified with the Disney guillotine awaiting you...

Yeah, but they ruined the mystery and bad assery of Fett to his core. They turned him into a clueless panzy & wimp that was inept and needed to be led around by a superior woman. From the most dangerous and feared bounty hunter to the laughing stock of the guild. The Major Dumb Ass, not Domo..

None of that can be done to Ahsoka. If anything, it's the opposite. They will make her TOO strong and wise. She will be Rey jr... The perfect ultimate female Jedi in every way.. Maybe we'll have some flashbacks and watch her kick Anakins ***... :lol

Yeah, but they ruined the mystery and bad assery of Fett to his core.

No they didnt. Not if you just stick your fingers in your ears and go re-read something EU. This admittedly sad tactic works for me.

None of that can be done to Ahsoka. If anything, it's the opposite. They will make her TOO strong and wise. She will be Rey jr... The perfect ultimate female Jedi in every way.. Maybe we'll have some flashbacks and watch her kick Anakins ***... :lol

A problem here is that this has always been Ahsokas problem. As i slowly grind my way through Clone Wars, she, her bare middriff and her miniskirt are definitely the lowest common denominator of the milieu.

Then in "Mando" she shows up and all of her dialog is cliche'd one-liners. Im frankly yet to be impressed. She LOOKS very cool, always. But substance, not so much.

So yeah. This is the present SW milieu and if you think the production team cannot further degrade an already questionable character, well..... I have zero trust in Kathleen & co these days

Just give me Thrawn, that's all I want. I disliked Ahsoka during the early days, and kinda grew to tolerate her. But I have to say, I liked the live-action Dawson version quite a bit (demeanor and look both), so I'm quite looking forward to this. SW is all about the Jedi/Sith for me (I don't care for Bounty Hunters, Mandos or whatever else), and this is more or less "uncharted territory" compared to Obi-Wan, so I have an inkling of hope. They'll probably have Ezra in there too, and rumor has it Hayden/Anakin will appear, so all things considered I'm seeing more to like than the previous shows.

If they do make a small-scale Thrawn Trilogy like the rumour has it, and bring in Mara, Kyle and the rest, I'll be happy. So I have a bit more faith in this than I normally would, because I want it to be good and lead to bigger things.

Just give me Thrawn, that's all I want. I disliked Ahsoka during the early days, and kinda grew to tolerate her. But I have to say, I liked the live-action Dawson version quite a bit (demeanor and look both), so I'm quite looking forward to this. SW is all about the Jedi/Sith for me (I don't care for Bounty Hunters, Mandos or whatever else), and this is more or less "uncharted territory" compared to Obi-Wan, so I have an inkling of hope. They'll probably have Ezra in there too, and rumor has it Hayden/Anakin will appear, so all things considered I'm seeing more to like than the previous shows.
I am worried Lars will look bad painted blue. If they are cheap on these Inquisitors...I just think of how good Vision looks and that is a combo makeup/CGI look. Yes, it is just straight blue and red eyes, but I hope they enhance it with some CGI.
If they do make a small-scale Thrawn Trilogy like the rumour has it, and bring in Mara, Kyle and the rest, I'll be happy. So I have a bit more faith in this than I normally would, because I want it to be good and lead to bigger things.
You can't possibly believe after all the damage that has been done, that they would actually take EU characters straight to Disney Wars? They would have done that by now and Thrawn is only happening cause he was in Rebels.

I am worried Lars will look bad painted blue. If they are cheap on these Inquisitors...I just think of how good Vision looks and that is a combo makeup/CGI look. Yes, it is just straight blue and red eyes, but I hope they enhance it with some CGI.
It's not yet been confirmed that Lars will play him. Possible, but they didn't get Isaacs for the Inquisitor or Ahsoka's VA. I share your fears about the makeup, but they have to know how much of a big deal Thrawn is to SW so that they won't half-ass it. At least I hope so...

You can't possibly believe after all the damage that has been done, that they would actually take EU characters straight to Disney Wars? They would have done that by now and Thrawn is only happening cause he was in Rebels.
Hope dies last... Maybe they saw how it all crashed and burned and now they have no other option but to start adapting the EU. Where else can they take the brand at this point?

daniel-de-almeida-0marajade2.jpg

A man can still hope...

It's not yet been confirmed that Lars will play him. Possible, but they didn't get Isaacs for the Inquisitor or Ahsoka's VA. I share your fears about the makeup, but they have to know how much of a big deal Thrawn is to SW so that they won't half-ass it. At least I hope so...
Luke Evans FTW. Give him Dr. Doom too.
Hope dies last... Maybe they saw how it all crashed and burned and now they have no other option but to start adapting the EU. Where else can they take the brand at this point?

daniel-de-almeida-0marajade2.jpg

A man can still hope...
The money still pours in, regardless of bad reviews. SW is relegated to a streaming service now and that should be enough to fire KK, but she got extended instead. It is bizarro world.

Luke Evans FTW. Give him Dr. Doom too.
Now I'm reminded of Manletmor... Evans needs a caperole pronto. He's got such a good look for it that it's criminal he's not been anyone yet. Make him Mr. Sinister, then bring back Fassbender and McAvoy. Cavill as Cyclops, Rebecca Fergusson as Jean (pulling double duty as Madelyne), and we'd be off to a good start. Jon Hamm would make for a great Sebastian Shaw. Yeah yeah, their ages are all similar, but I want grown-up X-Men, and I've always liked the headcanon that mutants age slower, hence Magneto's WW2 origin still being able to be canon with him looking like a buff silver fox in his 90s.

The money still pours in, regardless of bad reviews. SW is relegated to a streaming service now and that should be enough to fire KK, but she got extended instead. It is bizarro world.
Maybe she's a cartoon villain with dirt on all of them.

I disliked Ahsoka during the early days

Yes, I've never liked her because I thought she got in the way of the Anakin/Obi-Wan dynamic. And for a character who's supposedly so important there's no mention of her in ROTS.

But she has her own following and helped keep SW alive so I guess we have to live with her...

Yes, I've never liked her because I thought she got in the way of the Anakin/Obi-Wan dynamic. And for a character who's supposedly so important there's no mention of her in ROTS.

But she has her own following and helped keep SW alive so I guess we have to live with her...
Exactly. Her being such a pet character doesn’t help either. Honestly, I don’t get all the Filoni love… But as time went on she grew on me. Enough that I want a Dawson doll to represent her in my Jedi shelf.

I loved her look in live action split toe and all.
Yeah, honestly, it was Dawson's look and demeanor that really made me warm up to her. She looked cool and not like a bratty forced teen.

If Ahsoka was there to give Ben some "help" he wouldn't have been seduced by a geriatric clone. Sigh, what could've been...

vgLnFxfOVyIm-ac7TILem7KLDBKFaeNLnS2w7h_VDr0.jpg

Yeah, honestly, it was Dawson's look and demeanor that really made me warm up to her. She looked cool and not like a bratty forced teen.
one-of-them-enemy.gif

If Ahsoka was there to give Ben some "help" he wouldn't have been seduced by a geriatric clone. Sigh, what could've been...

vgLnFxfOVyIm-ac7TILem7KLDBKFaeNLnS2w7h_VDr0.jpg
I could probably write a novel on all of the projects I would have done if I was in charge of Lucasfilm. I remember hearing Kathleen say in an interview, while laughing, that she didn't want to hear about everyone's pitch for a Star Wars movie. I think maybe you have some smart people there who have worked on SW for years..... The only one that was able to grab her ear was John Knoll (one of the creators of Photoshop) who pitched the Rogue One idea. He is credited too!

Go watch the DC of Alexander, then come back and you'll know the appeal of Dawson Ahsoka... Kidding aside, what can I say, I liked her. Compared to Holdo, Bland Rey and whatever else, she was likeable. The costume was really good too.

I could probably write a novel on all of the projects I would have done if I was in charge of Lucasfilm. I remember hearing Kathleen say in an interview, while laughing, that she didn't want to hear about everyone's pitch for a Star Wars movie. I think maybe you have some smart people there who have worked on SW for years..... The only one that was able to grab her ear was John Knoll (one of the creators of Photoshop) who pitched the Rogue One idea. He is credited too!
f28a9f93396eae5ca78ded30a4b68f66.gif

Maybe SW will get good again someday. W-We just have to k-keep the f-faith...

Back