Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How competent does Thrawn even need to be? When he shows up the New Republic command ship will probably just invite him aboard along with all of his troops.
7xqs04.jpg

Not a bad bit of referencing, huh? Y'know sometimes I amaze even myself.
I could do this all day.

No wait.

Sorry.

Edit 1:
Totally separate but I just noticed the first painting that McQuarrie did of R2 looks familiar ….
IMG_7869.jpeg

Edit 2:
Is
The joke might not look like much, but it’s got it where it counts
any better lol?

Last edited:
I finally watched the first episode.

Tat scene where Ahsoka got the map was like watching someone paint a wall in real time. I can't believe how long that scene took.

The Original Friday the 13th film has a scene where the main lead makes a pot of coffee, and it literally films her through the whole process.

Thats what the Ahsoka scene reminded me of. Just dragging out the run time.

Otherwise, it was OK. Other than the rock tune on the bike I really liked the background score. Reminded me of Williams PT score. Not great but better than what most do.

I could do this all day.

No wait.

Sorry.

Edit 1:
Totally separate but I just noticed the first painting that McQuarrie did of R2 looks familiar ….
View attachment 660065

Edit 2:
Is
The joke might not look like much, but it’s got it where it counts
any better lol?
Would it help if I got out and joked?......
(yeah that one's not great. I tried ) :)

Still works I think since none of them are real Jedis. Ahsoka comes closest but she quit. :lol
I also think it's really possible Cal bites it in the third 'Jedi' game. Hell, I think he probably should.

I still feel Ahsoka should have died in that fight with Vader in Rebels from a narrative standpoint. It's so thematically resonant AND a lot of these points about Luke not being the last of the Jedi during the OT would have been null and void. Not killing her there is Dave just holding onto her too long imo. As a writer, I definitely understand it, it's his baby. But that's just objectively where her end should have come.

"When gone am I, last of the lightsaber wielding Force users that actually calls himself a Jedi will you be."
'sound as cool, that doesn't'

I also think it's really possible Cal bites it in the third 'Jedi' game. Hell, I think he probably should.

I still feel Ahsoka should have died in that fight with Vader in Rebels from a narrative standpoint. It's so thematically resonant AND a lot of these points about Luke not being the last of the Jedi during the OT would have been null and void. Not killing her there is Dave just holding onto her too long imo. As a writer, I definitely understand it, it's his baby. But that's just objectively where her end should have come.

'sound as cool, that doesn't'
I mean he did write around it by making her leave the Jedi order behind and no longer identify with it.

Ezra is gone. And Cal also decides to leave the order behind - we also don’t know what happens to him yet.

And Grogu is a literal baby.

But regardless, nothing changes the fact that Luke was the only one that was capable of doing what needed to be done.

They can retcon in all the "*supposedly surviving Jedi" and poop them back into "reality", with space whales, time portals, calling them something else, dark, grey, medium, mild, Jedi on-a-break, whatever t-F they want, yet anything that contradicts, or $#!ts on this fact, Is implicitly alternate canon.:lol
7ws6r6.gif

*(Cue; the usual except Leia contradicts it. No, she was not a Jedi yet, the whole point of the scene and next line is "pass on what you have learned", (it's why they hinged the future on Luke). There were no other Jedi left.
And what he'd learned is through free will "choice" you could recognize and thus own your worst fears, without denying them or letting them dominate or control you, and be a Jedi (without needing to possess them) still be connected to those you loved.
That was the unique instinct and transformative power Luke brought to the ROTJ.
All betrayed and denied by Disney, It wasn't enough to just tell new stories, Disney (who never liked the idea of Luke to begin with) has completely $#!& on, ruined, and made him an absolute character failure, so they can fill that void with whatever derivative crap they now come up with.
I mean he did write around it by making her leave the Jedi order behind and no longer identify with it.

Ezra is gone. And Cal also decides to leave the order behind - we also don’t know what happens to him yet.
"When gone am I, last of the lightsaber wielding Force users that actually calls himself a Jedi will you be."
Extended: "When gone am I the last of the ightsaber wielding Force user ...that wasn't on a break, sucked through a time portal, or riding space whales to another galaxy, ...that actually calls ...or identifies ... themself as a Jedi will you be."

The more Filoni "creates", the caveats just keep getting more absurd.

Last edited:
The more Filoni "creates" the caveats just keep getting more absurd.
At the heart of the OT, beneath all the goofy popcorn fare and overwrought dialogue, there resides a sense of loss and times past. Of irrevocable change that imitates real life. Maybe that's why it managed to resonate with audiences so strongly, for so long.

Filoni's problem is that he doesn't want to let go. Which is a fandom problem as well, and standard operating procedure for corporations of course. Nobody wants to leave the party.

So we get loopholes, flat mimicry and repetition stacked on top of one another in the guise of "lore", and everyone ... the characters and the fans ... overstay their welcome.

But the best parties end, just like life itself.

Of course there are stories that can still be told in a setting so vast, but they need to accept limitations. Uneven or not, Mandalorian S1 and S2 managed this a lot of the time before failure, Rogue One and Andor S1 have both accomplished effective narratives; and Solo at least managed to do no harm whether you accepted it or not.

Filoni makes millions of dollars helming a legacy property and has swarms of fans eating out of his hand and I'm just some nerd on the Internet, so hey, what do I know? :dunno

Extended: "When gone am I the last of the ightsaber wielding Force users ...that wasn't on break, sucked through a time portal, or riding space whales to another galaxy, ...that actually calls ...or identifies ... himself a Jedi will you be."

The more Filoni "creates" the caveats just keep getting more absurd.
You're the only ones over complicating it though. She wasn't a Jedi, so there were no other Jedi. It's very simple.

Wielding the force doesn't automically make you a Jedi or a Sith. They are religions.

Back