Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s cool.

I went to see James Bond NTTD and it was frustrating because they cannot handle busy nights with food delivery they just can’t and it’s not a new problem it’s been like that since day one with them plus their food is getting expensive.

Their popcorn is awesome though my favorite in the industry.
And their butter also!!! They used to sell Colorado Steak Salad before the shutdown but it’s the one item on the menu that hasn’t been back but their Royale with Cheese is the best in the industry!

Their servers can be annoying for sure though walking up and down every ten seconds but I know what you mean, that’s why I like to get there early so I can place my order and get it delivered right after the movie starts haha

Yeah, I'm guessing after ~2 years of pandemic isolation, the general public will have forgotten even more manners with regard to viewing a movie in a theater. It was already pretty annoying which is why I'm breaking my no theater rule for this one and this one only.
Yeah I hate cinemas for this reason too, I'm hoping that with the new rules regarding Covid and the fact I'm picking Imax people behave but not really expecting it, rare are the times I've actually enjoyed watching a movie at the cinema without some asshats making a scene or being generally annoying, I remember going to the midnight release of The Dark Knight Rises and some moron next to me was on his phone during the final 30 minutes, the absolute worst was The Amazing Spider Man, kids running around the place, mothers shouting, groups of friends doing everything but watching the movie.... Ugh lol

And their butter also!!! They used to sell Colorado Steak Salad before the shutdown but it’s the one item on the menu that hasn’t been back but their Royale with Cheese is the best in the industry!

Their servers can be annoying for sure though walking up and down every ten seconds but I know what you mean, that’s why I like to get there early so I can place my order and get it delivered right after the movie starts haha
I remember one time I got there when the doors opened to my theater, ordered with no one in the theater and the food still arrived after the film started. Couldn't believe it :lol. I always got the Royale w Cheese.
Yeah I hate cinemas for this reason too, I'm hoping that with the new rules regarding Covid and the fact I'm picking Imax people behave but not really expecting it, rare are the times I've actually enjoyed watching a movie at the cinema without some asshats making a scene or being generally annoying, I remember going to the midnight release of The Dark Knight Rises and some moron next to me was on his phone during the final 30 minutes, the absolute worst was The Amazing Spider Man, kids running around the place, mothers shouting, groups of friends doing everything but watching the movie.... Ugh lol
Last time I had a major child crying problem I went and got my money back. It is the adults that are stupid. Wish I knew how to get that Vulcan nerve grip to take out some offenders of the theater experience. I've seen it all - teenager on cell phone leaving 10 minutes into a movie, adult women laughing during Cap TWS Fury death scene, child crying, senior whispering about everything to his wife during The Revenant, hippie with a loud laugh in GOTG2 Drafthouse, empty theater for Bad Boys 2 except for friend and I and a huge black ***** that was louder than the movie. Not even counting all the candy/food wrappers, nachos smashing. I like the complete immersion of the film, not a view on improper social etiquette. They even give you the rundown of the rules before the movie! I've had to accept to be less Daredevil and just care less about the simple nonsense.

I remember one time I got there when the doors opened to my theater, ordered with no one in the theater and the food still arrived after the film started. Couldn't believe it :lol. I always got the Royale w Cheese.

Last time I had a major child crying problem I went and got my money back. It is the adults that are stupid. Wish I knew how to get that Vulcan nerve grip to take out some offenders of the theater experience. I've seen it all - teenager on cell phone leaving 10 minutes into a movie, adult women laughing during Cap TWS Fury death scene, child crying, senior whispering about everything to his wife during The Revenant, hippie with a loud laugh in GOTG2 Drafthouse, empty theater for Bad Boys 2 except for friend and I and a huge black ***** that was louder than the movie. Not even counting all the candy/food wrappers, nachos smashing. I like the complete immersion of the film, not a view on improper social etiquette. They even give you the rundown of the rules before the movie! I've had to accept to be less Daredevil and just care less about the simple nonsense.
I've had pretty much all of those, also when watching the Prometheus I was sat in front of a rare breed of annoying, some guy was spoiling the entire movie to his friends and I left disliking the movie even more since not only did I find it a boring convoluted mess but I had this narrator in my ear talking about the entire ******* thing lol, I really hope I don't have to deal with any of that with this movie, might pick lunch hour when there's less people.

I've had pretty much all of those, also when watching the Prometheus I was sat in front of a rare breed of annoying, some guy was spoiling the entire movie to his friends and I left disliking the movie even more since not only did I find it a boring convoluted mess but I had this narrator in my ear talking about the entire ******* thing lol, I really hope I don't have to deal with any of that with this movie, might pick lunch hour when there's less people.
You know, we are all very much sounding like:

1638210002904.png

You know, we are all very much sounding like:

View attachment 548265

Not really, it’s everyone else to be honest. I saw Ghostbusters afterlife two weeks ago with my kids, the showing also had kids so i knew what to expect and they behaved pretty good, of course they were asking a lot of questions but at least mine weren’t jumping all over the place and taking my drink from my cup holder on purpose like the little brats next to me.

But enter this past weekend. My girlfriend took the kids with her because they wanted to see it with their stepsister, she bought tickets all the way in the back and she had a guy randomly sitting next to her, she came back home pissed because the freaking miserable prick complained to the theater about my kids and had an usher move her all the way to the front.

I would have lost my **** if i was there because I’m like ***** i paid more than you did with all my kids here, YOU move, she got stepped on easily but the usher was nice about it because he was on my girlfriends side so she moved and got complimentary snacks and drinks for my kids on the longrun anyways haha.

I honestly avoid Weekend showing because of teenagers, hence why i like going on Thursday or friday evening openings when possible hehe

you seriously missed out on post covid theater experience though for a while when they had social distancing in place you could be in an imax theater and only have like 20 people inside with six seats to the left or right of you. It was like watching it at home.

Now with fears about this Omnicron variant we will see if they change policies between now and then and honestly I’m scared now

Naw theaters are to blame and deserve to die if we gotta wait 3 hours for their servers to fix themselves hahaha I was beyond irate, it’s 2021 you figure they would learn from Endgame but my love for spiderman made me persevere into getting tickets

Apparently, Marvel will be making a new trilogy of Spider man movies after No Way Home, and Tom Holland will remain as Spider Man.........:)

Social Media took the balls away from the Theaters. Before that people could complain and get Aholes kicked out for being obnoxious and doing dumb ****. Now they just apologize and offer a free pass to those that complain..

Corporations are afraid of angering 1 or 2 obnoxious customers you should not want to return, rather than keeping the masses happy.

This is why I stopped going even before the Pandemic. A few select movies here and there, but I'd try to go on off times to a mostly empty showing. Can't remember the last movie I went to on a Thursday night preview/Friday night premiere.

https://www.ign.com/articles/tom-holland-spiderman-mcu-trilogy-marvel-sony
However, in an interview with Fandango, longtime Spider-Man producer Amy Pascal confirmed that Holland would continue in the role.

"This is not the last movie that we are going to make with Marvel – [this is not] the last Spider-Man movie," she explained. "We are getting ready to make the next Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland and Marvel, it just isn't part of… we're thinking of this as three films, and now we're going to go onto the next three. This is not the last of our MCU movies."
Weird way of talking about it.

I was able to get six tickets for the 6:35 IMAX and two tickets for the 10:40 2D Digital for opening night (Thursday).
Like most, I couldn't get through to any of the sites, but a buddy of mine, who was suffering through the same thing, eventually broke through at MovieTickets.com and grabbed my group the IMAX tickets.
What a ***********. This is easily the most hyped movie since Endgame, and you announced to the world the minute the tickets would be available. Maybe it would make sense to have your servers ready for the rush? Nah .....

I am waiting another week or two to buy tickets. Waiting till after Christmas and get somebody to watch the kids.

Pascal was a little vague in her interview about Spider-man going forward. My guess:

-Tom Holland has a 3 movie deal with Sony to make Sony only marvel movies.
-Tom Holland also signs on to make 2-3 movie appearances for MCU movies.

IME, Holland will be in non-MCU Sony movies with Venom and those guys, but still able to appear in MCU as a supporting character.

MCU likely will not let any of their contracted talent make Sony movies, since that would hamper their own contracts with talent. But both sides get more Holland.

**This is likely the sticking point in negotiation in the past, because Sony wants to ride the MCU wave, and simply having Holland as Spider-man will make people think this is still an MCU product, when in reality its Sony 100%.

I am waiting another week or two to buy tickets. Waiting till after Christmas and get somebody to watch the kids.

Pascal was a little vague in her interview about Spider-man going forward. My guess:

-Tom Holland has a 3 movie deal with Sony to make Sony only marvel movies.
-Tom Holland also signs on to make 2-3 movie appearances for MCU movies.

IME, Holland will be in non-MCU Sony movies with Venom and those guys, but still able to appear in MCU as a supporting character.

MCU likely will not let any of their contracted talent make Sony movies, since that would hamper their own contracts with talent. But both sides get more Holland.

**This is likely the sticking point in negotiation in the past, because Sony wants to ride the MCU wave, and simply having Holland as Spider-man will make people think this is still an MCU product, when in reality its Sony 100%.
Nah homie, try to buy your tickets now, it’s selling out real fast!!! 🧐🧐🧐 don’t risk it hehe

As usual, like everything else, it is PEOPLE who killed the theatrical experience, not TV or corporations.

Orwell was wrong -- PEOPLE are Big Brother.
Hell is other people -- see: No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

Existentialism aside, I see so many of you regularly complaining about the theatre experience -- is it a USA thing? I can't remember the last time I had such a poor experience in any Canadian theatre.

Audiences are rambunctious and cheer and laugh for event films like Endgame but that's fun ... the phones, the talking, the screaming kids etc. etc. --- I can't remember the last time I saw anything like that.

Canadians are like US citizens 40 years ago. They're more polite.
That's the stereotype but judging by all these theatre posts it seems to be true. I haven't been in the US for a few years (think the last time may have been 2016?) so I'm not sure what it's like now.

Never actually seen a movie there so who knows. Been to music festivals, combat sports events, shopping, galleries, restaurants...it often felt different from Canada and people seemed louder and more outgoing in some places, but aside from some pretty obnoxious characters on the train to NYC from Liberty International, it didn't seem *that* different.

I should also add, @Wor-Gar ... I'm mostly talking about downtown city theatres. I imagine the crowd is naturally going to be overall younger and more obnoxious in an uptown shopping mall theatre, but that's just a guess.

Hell is other people -- see: No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.

Existentialism aside, I see so many of you regularly complaining about the theatre experience -- is it a USA thing? I can't remember the last time I had such a poor experience in any Canadian theatre.

Audiences are rambunctious and cheer and laugh for event films like Endgame but that's fun ... the phones, the talking, the screaming kids etc. etc. --- I can't remember the last time I saw anything like that.
A fellow Canadian. Good stuff. I get what you mean. I have never had an experience at a theater that was so off putting that I left a film. Sure, there can be the occasional talker but that's not a deal breaker.

Back