Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish someone would see this already so we can get an idea of just what the hell we got here.

I have not seen this much anticipation for a movie in quite some time... since Infinity War.
Same. We could be in for a massive dissatisfied experience or we could be in for a great one. We have no idea what kinda movie this could turn out to be

Same. We could be in for a massive dissatisfied experience or we could be in for a great one. We have no idea what kinda movie this could turn out to be
How dare you. This will be the greatest movie of all time. Don't even suggest this could be disappointing in any possible way.

giphy.gif

They did say this is like Spider-Man's "Endgame". It just means it'll suck like Endgame and all that hours spent trying to get tickets would turn into regret.

Endgame was just disappointing in that it wasn't as action packed like Infinity War. Loaded with story and character moments, while necessary, just doesn't have the rewatchability like IW has.

Endgame was a nice reflection on the MCU to that point, but it felt a bit like a letdown. The plot felt safe and predictable for the most part. The 'heist' was more of a wink and nod then really interesting of itself.

Infinity War though is the masterpiece. Really no weaknesses in that movie. Able to move a lot of pieces, deliver some great action, but also move a giant plot forward.

**What I would have done is a heist/chase movie. Each time the avengers go back in time to find a stone, Thanos shows up and beats them up. The avengers escape to another time period, losing members, and Thanos on the pursuit. You could have fun scenes of the future Avengers trying to convince the past Avengers they are really are on the up and up. Eventually in the battle of NY, Thanos takes command of the Chitari, but Iron Man forms the gauntlet....hesitates snapping his fingers, but then sees his past self flying the nuke into the wormhole...and realizes giving his life to save the world is his destiny.

Last edited:
Endgame was a nice reflection on the MCU to that point, but it felt a bit like a letdown. The plot felt safe and predictable for the most part. The 'heist' was more of a wink and nod then really interesting of itself.

Infinity War though is the masterpiece. Really no weaknesses in that movie. Able to move a lot of pieces, deliver some great action, but also move a giant plot forward.
I remember all the whiners saying it ended on a cliffhanger and that it was a sad ending. I seen that coming when they added an Avengers 4.

I remember all the whiners saying it ended on a cliffhanger and that it was a sad ending. I seen that coming when they added an Avengers 4.
Infinity War is The Empire Strikes Back...bad guy wins, ends with a WTF just happened moment with the fragmented heroes living on. Endgame is Return of the Jedi...a giant battle that many don't like, the good guys winning with a questionable plan, etc. I love all four but yeah, IW and ESB are masterpieces.

Infinity war stomps endgame . I like the movie but the giant lord of the rings style battle was… to much . Like the whole giant war battle thing just seemed silly and don’t get me started on that silly girl scene where the women who don’t know eachother suddenly come together on the battlefield. Wow that was bad.

Went to see Shang-Chi and there was some kid jumping and screaming, sounded like a goose, for almost the entire movie. Parents did absolutely nothing, just had him on a leash like a dog, staff did nothing.

I wish we had adult only screenings.

Good movie from what I was actually able to hear of it though.

Got my tickets booked for the 18+ only showing at 10:30pm on the 16th. Kids aren't going to spoil this one...just the adults.

Endgame was a nice reflection on the MCU to that point, but it felt a bit like a letdown.
Infinity War is The Empire Strikes Back..
Infinity war stomps endgame .

All correct. Very good.

No Way Home will be no Infinity War. This is closer to The Force Awakens -- thriving on nostalgia, whether it makes real sense or not or whether anything can be at stake once you introduce endless possibilities as your answer to the universe.

This is a feelz movie.

All correct. Very good.

No Way Home will be no Infinity War. This is closer to The Force Awakens -- thriving on nostalgia, whether it makes real sense or not or whether anything can be at stake once you introduce endless possibilities as your answer to the universe.

This is a feelz movie.
Does that make A1 ANH? And that would make AOU the holiday special:horror

How dare you. This will be the greatest movie of all time. Don't even suggest this could be disappointing in any possible way.

giphy.gif

All correct. Very good.

This is a feelz movie.
giphy.gif

So, it's cool to hate on End Game now, huh? Thar didn't take long.

I think IW and EG are about even. Both have an equal number of memorable moments.

IW is more rewatchable for several reasons, but EG has the most epic moment I've seen in a theater, when the portals open and both sides are about to go to war. I had big dumb smile on my face and nothing in the MCU or any other franchise will top that for me for a long time.

EG and ROTJ have nothing in common, other than having the good guys win. Cap's dance at the end was such a perfect ending too.

Infinity war stomps endgame . I like the movie but the giant lord of the rings style battle was… to much . Like the whole giant war battle thing just seemed silly and don’t get me started on that silly girl scene where the women who don’t know eachother suddenly come together on the battlefield. Wow that was bad.
The MCU peaked with Infinity War. One of the most rewatchable of the bunch. As mentioned, it's the ESB of the MCU.

The MCU peaked with Infinity War. One of the most rewatchable of the bunch. As mentioned, it's the ESB of the MCU.
While I agree the previous era of the MCU peaked at IW, I do think that the MCU will pretty much be like waves. We are early into the new era so a lot of world-(re)building is being done. I think there is a lot of potential for a similarly high peak a few films down (maybe when the Kang storyline reaches its peak).

Back