SONY to make Morbius Film

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been reading some Midnight Sons comics lately. I hope Hot Toys makes this figure, Blade and hopefully a Ghost Rider relatively soon. Maybe even Moon Knight joins the party.

Been reading some Midnight Sons comics lately. I hope Hot Toys makes this figure, Blade and hopefully a Ghost Rider relatively soon. Maybe even Moon Knight joins the party.
Loved Morbius, Nightstalkers, GR and the rest of the Midnight Sons lineup when I was a kid. Now that I've hit that mid-30s nostalgia mode I've been re-buying some of the comics I liked then, I picked up a mint Nightstalkers #1...lol the shipping was more than the book

Loved Morbius, Nightstalkers, GR and the rest of the Midnight Sons lineup when I was a kid. Now that I've hit that mid-30s nostalgia mode I've been re-buying some of the comics I liked then, I picked up a mint Nightstalkers #1...lol the shipping was more than the book
Always really enjoyed Ghost Rider and Blade. Never caught onto the Midnight Sons or Nightstalkers until lately, but there is some cool stuff there. I like the JL Dark characters and fighting the occult/supernatural/vampires is really intriguing. Marvel is laying the seeds for Midnight Sons - Blade talking to Black Knight, Doctor Strange w Witch using the Darkhold, Moon Knight, possible Werewolf By Night D+ special, Blade movie, maybe even a Punisher. Lots of things that could come together. Blade 3 was an ultimate failure of putting together a vamp fighting team. I just want my MCU Ghost Rider at this point.

I used to be big into the Midnight Sons/Marvel Dark as a teen. Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, Blade, Hellstorm Twins, Morbius, Tomb Of Dracula, all that stuff. Then I switched my mains to Cosmic Marvel. Nowadays I care about bits and pieces. The idea of a Midnight Sons display is enticing, but can I really afford the space and money? I don't know, a lot of plans break down when you think of all the current IPs getting figures. I have 4 things on PO and I was thinking of getting Ock/Goblin/Tobey, then remembered there's Kenobi airing next year (and I still don't even have a Luke, daring my luck and skipping the Mandalorian version for a rerelease with Vader for ROTJ, not to mention the possibility of new Kenobi & Anakin figures), DS 2, Black Adam (featuring Doctor Fate), Ant-Man (featuring Kang & according to rumors MODOK) and so on. It's too much too fast. Plus, Moon Knight launches next year. So personally I'll try to get MK & Ghost Rider to display with Punisher (once he appears in the MCU), but Strange will go with Loki & the such (or the Illuminati, and I suppose I'd add a hypothetical Loki next to Thanos, Warlock and others in that case). Anything else, like Elsa, Daimon, Satana, Blade, Man-Thing, Werewolf (By Night), assuming they get made, would be too much. Morbius I'd be more tempted if he had that 90s BDSM gear and a headscarf that made him look like Raziel.

EYFxtVmUEAE4PRP.jpg

Morbius-Blade-Ending.jpg

As for Ghost Rider, it depends on which Riders they use and how many times. There's potential for a bunch of various versions. Blaze, Ketch, Reyes, Alejandra, Phantom, Vengeance, King Of Hell Blaze, Raziel-Upped Ketch, 2099 and so on. If they add a bike with each of them, and with current prices, you'd be looking at 500$ minimum. Hell, the F4 alone would cost ~1K. This hobby is becoming far too expensive far too quickly.

I used to be big into the Midnight Sons/Marvel Dark as a teen. Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Doctor Strange, Blade, Hellstorm Twins, Morbius, Tomb Of Dracula, all that stuff. Then I switched my mains to Cosmic Marvel. Nowadays I care about bits and pieces. The idea of a Midnight Sons display is enticing, but can I really afford the space and money? I don't know, a lot of plans break down when you think of all the current IPs getting figures. I have 4 things on PO and I was thinking of getting Ock/Goblin/Tobey, then remembered there's Kenobi airing next year (and I still don't even have a Luke, daring my luck and skipping the Mandalorian version for a rerelease with Vader for ROTJ, not to mention the possibility of new Kenobi & Anakin figures), DS 2, Black Adam (featuring Doctor Fate), Ant-Man (featuring Kang & according to rumors MODOK) and so on. It's too much too fast. Plus, Moon Knight launches next year. So personally I'll try to get MK & Ghost Rider to display with Punisher (once he appears in the MCU), but Strange will go with Loki & the such (or the Illuminati, and I suppose I'd add a hypothetical Loki next to Thanos, Warlock and others in that case). Anything else, like Elsa, Daimon, Satana, Blade, Man-Thing, Werewolf (By Night), assuming they get made, would be too much. Morbius I'd be more tempted if he had that 90s BDSM gear and a headscarf that made him look like Raziel.

EYFxtVmUEAE4PRP.jpg

Morbius-Blade-Ending.jpg

As for Ghost Rider, it depends on which Riders they use and how many times. There's potential for a bunch of various versions. Blaze, Ketch, Reyes, Alejandra, Phantom, Vengeance, King Of Hell Blaze, Raziel-Upped Ketch, 2099 and so on. If they add a bike with each of them, and with current prices, you'd be looking at 500$ minimum. Hell, the F4 alone would cost ~1K. This hobby is becoming far too expensive far too quickly.
Was hoping you would chime in on this thread. The trailer looked like he'll end up with this look with the lining of his duster a purple color:

3c66b1d3b29000886d076b8e4ea0425c741d02ee.gifv

Screenshot 2021-12-10 151515.jpg

Not sure what kind of lineup they would be after as Marvel would have a ton of options to go with. Marvel and DC run in tandem alot, so maybe we see a Midnight Sons around the time a JL Dark appears. Hannibal King, Frank Drake, Hellstrom, Blaze, Ketch, Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, Werewolf by Night. Not sure if Sony would want to play nice with Morbius or not. I only want a Blaze or Ketch Ghost Rider. Cumberbatch might only show up if it is a movie.

Was hoping you would chime in on this thread. The trailer looked like he'll end up with this look with the lining of his duster a purple color:

3c66b1d3b29000886d076b8e4ea0425c741d02ee.gifv

View attachment 549885

Not sure what kind of lineup they would be after as Marvel would have a ton of options to go with. Marvel and DC run in tandem alot, so maybe we see a Midnight Sons around the time a JL Dark appears. Hannibal King, Frank Drake, Hellstrom, Blaze, Ketch, Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, Werewolf by Night. Not sure if Sony would want to play nice with Morbius or not. I only want a Blaze or Ketch Ghost Rider. Cumberbatch might only show up if it is a movie.
I noticed the purple hint in that last trailer but forgot about it by now. Dunno, if a figure looks good I could see mysel prioritising it over something else, but it'll be hard considering next year is packed. The real question is if it'll do well enough to keep at it and have him join the MCU Midnight Sons. I'm sure they'll come, but I'm not certain on which ones I'd buy myself. Really, I have tons upon tons of wants, it's more a matter of priorities for me. Every figure must be worth the average 300 euro pricetag. If I go around completing teams for the Hell of it, I'll end up with tons of filler, even if I hypothetically had the money and space. Moon Knight is so far the only lock, and I'd break down and get a Ghost Rider too. Beyond that, I don't know.

The Hot Toys figure will be worth it. The movie will most likely be meh. Now need the sculpt to look like this:

Jared-Leto-in-Morbius-Trailer.jpg

Why is there not much chatter in this thread about a beloved character and a highly anticipated movie being released in only 3 weeks??

Where's all the Morbius superfans at?? :monkey3

:lol

Why is there not much chatter in this thread about a beloved character and a highly anticipated movie being released in only 3 weeks??

Where's all the Morbius superfans at?? :monkey3

:lol
This is Sandman movie level IMO. Venom is the only legit Spidey villain that can carry a movie. The April 1st release date is all you need to see. :lol

Oops

For Black Adam
Yeah that's odd. Kids in school in Oct, nothing was around it in July/Aug. Maybe they aligned it with Shang-Chi and seen it's success, idk. Wonder if there was anything else in play to move everything around like that. CGI deadline issues?

Back