Somehow Rey Returned

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, his acting is great for those memes.
When I was a kid thought Godzilla was a great actor.

How many warp speeds did we have when the spaceships came through the time tunnel? It doesn't matter that we're all crispy and ready to go. We're all ready to crack.

Activist director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy promises that the new LFL Story Group will "take care" of anyone who doesn't want to watch the upcoming Rey movie...

1704307680772.png

Oh.. well pack it up. Guess they haven’t learned the lesson. Yikes they really are commited to the star wars being preachy route instead of just telling a good story

"I’m very thrilled about the project because I feel what we’re about to create is something very special," she teased before addressing how it feels to be the first female director to helm their own Star Wars movie. "We’re in 2024 now, and it’s about time that we had a woman come forward to shape a story in a galaxy far, far away."

Championing about women being in charge before Daisy Ridley has even read a script. JFC! That's not how you do it.

If this ends up being another steaming turd, guess what's gonna happen...'they'll' say that the first woman to direct a SW film failed abysmally and that KK should have just given the job to someone who was better suited. 'More woke agenda BS.' The hubris of this woman. That's not gonna help anybody.

What she should have done is keep her head down, get on with the movie and if it's a big success, THEN she should say how great it is that women directors are getting more recognition. If it's a flop, keep your mouth shut and move on to the next project. You don't want to associate progressive ideals with a steaming turd, but this lot just can't help themselves.

Last edited:
Browsing Obaid-Chinoy's filmography I can definitely see why she was tapped to helm the next tentpole Star Wars action epic. Looks like KK discovered another James Cameron/George Miller/Tony Gilroy in the making. :rock

Sitara: Let Girls Dream (2019)
Ladies First (2017)
A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness (2015)
Song of Lahore (2015)
Woman (2011)

Browsing Obaid-Chinoy's filmography I can definitely see why she was tapped to helm the next tentpole Star Wars action epic. Looks like KK discovered another James Cameron/George Miller/Tony Gilroy in the making. :rock

Sitara: Let Girls Dream (2019)
Ladies First (2017)
A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness (2015)
Song of Lahore (2015)
Woman (2011)

I mean, look, if she's someone who wants to do something different from her norm, power to her. I would just say that what Dave_W was saying up there stands. Just get on with it and do the job, focus on making a good film. Stop promoting it with stuff that has nothing to do with the quality and entertainment value of the movie(s) - especially when so much of this stuff by now isn't new. How long must we continue to act like everything is being done for the first time ever in current year?

You said the you didnt think the movie was bashing you over the head with ideologies and if they had said nothing you would give them less flak....so because there are interviews talking about empowering group X, it hurts the content of the movie? That's just your flaw. If you want to have a credible opinion, you need to be able to judge the content based on the content. If you want to have a conversation about the content, the character, being dull not dull etc, those are all subjective things. Plenty of universally loved movies have poeple who will say- noway that character was dull that movie was boring, its just part of movie reviews. But people online talk about star wars like the opinions are fact. You personally thought her character was boring. It has nothing to do with the interviews or the goal of wanting to make a female jedi be the main character. They are totally separate. You can support the message and still say the end result was poor. You complain about the writing being lazy then make one of the laziest, internet trope comments possible "if they push as much effort into writing a good character as they did into feeling proud of themselves...". So much about that comment is insane. These are disconnected issues. People tried their best to write a good character, and also, separately did some interviews. Use your brain.

There is nothing wrong with doing interviews and saying 'we are excited to have a woman jedi or a woman director'. Anyone who has a problem with that is trash anyways. They aren't saying 'we are making a female jedi so were not going to put any effort into anything else.' For people to think that is borderline brain dead. Some of the most talented people on earth work on these movies- it's more of a reflection of how hard it is to make good content than an issue of being lazy.

The appropriate response to these things is, 'oh its the first time a woman is going to direct a star wars movie. Good for her. I hope the movie is good. It might suck who knows'

In this day and age you can't have anything remotely progressive without someone saying it's 'woke agenda trash'. I'm kind of sick of it tbh. There's nothing wrong with having equity, behind the camera or infront. But do you really think going out and parading around how progressive you are, that this is the future of film making, that things are changing for the better and you are at the front of that...only for your film to suck ass is doing the progressive movement ANY favours? At least wait to see if the product is well received first, THEN you can go around championing yourself. "Look at this great movie and it was a woman/POC/LGBTQIA+ person that made it". Don't tell me how great it is that a woman is directing if the movie ends up being ****, because a woman who directed **** does nothing for us!

We're on the same side, I want the same as you. Just don't celebrate winning the race before you cross the finish line.

Case in point "It's 2024 and it's about time a woman directed a SW movie" Well Patty Jenkins was set to direct a SW film a couple of years back and look what happened there. Keep your head down, do the work, celebrate later or you'll get murdered when it fails.

In this day and age you can't have anything remotely progressive without someone saying it's 'woke agenda trash'. I'm kind of sick of it tbh. There's nothing wrong with having equity, behind the camera or infront. But do you really think going out and parading around how progressive you are, that this is the future of film making, that things are changing for the better and you are at the front of that...only for your film to suck ass is doing the progressive movement ANY favours? At least wait to see if the product is well received first, THEN you can go around championing yourself. "Look at this great movie and it was a woman/POC/LGBTQIA+ person that made it". Don't tell me how great it is that a woman is directing if the movie ends up being ****, because a woman who directed **** does nothing for us!

We're on the same side, I want the same as you. Just don't celebrate winning the race before you cross the finish line.
Your saying, don't tell me how great it is that for the first time ever a woman is directing X before it comes out. But it is great. That is a great thing. It doesn't mean the movie is going to be good or bad, like any other piece of content, most things suck. But there is no reason to not say hey this is a good thing that someone from this group is finally getting to do this. If the movie fails, and someone attributes that to the fact it was because a woman directed it, that person is dumb and irrelevant. That's the whole thing. The movie being good or bad is not dependent on the content. A woke person should not claim the movie will be good because it was directed by a woman, and a hardscore conservative should not claim the movie was bad because it was directed by a woman. It's strange that people can't come together and just say hey this is cool that a woman is finally gettting to do this- without there being a bunch of politcially charged ******** around it.

Your saying, don't tell me how great it is that for the first time ever a woman is directing X before it comes out. But it is great. That is a great thing. It doesn't mean the movie is going to be good or bad, like any other piece of content, most things suck. But there is no reason to not say hey this is a good thing that someone from this group is finally getting to do this. If the movie fails, and someone attributes that to the fact it was because a woman directed it, that person is dumb and irrelevant. That's the whole thing. The movie being good or bad is not dependent on the content. A woke person should not claim the movie will be good because it was directed by a woman, and a hardscore conservative should not claim the movie was bad because it was directed by a woman. It's strange that people can't come together and just say hey this is cool that a woman is finally gettting to do this- without there being a bunch of politcially charged ******** around it.
Totally agree, but this is the real world and that's what happens, so you navigate it all very carefully, not brute force through it and put a target on your back. People need to be won over and you're not going to do that by putting your pride and ego out there for all to see before you've even proved yourself. Especially with this lot!

Activist director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy promises that the new LFL Story Group will "take care" of anyone who doesn't want to watch the upcoming Rey movie...

490422-1704307680772.png

clintonUntitled.jpg

cl2giht-912663 a.jpg

So Jeff Goldblum was the 2nd choice for the Grandmaster role in Thor Ragnarok? :lol

I wouldn't call myself a conspiracy theorist by any stretch, but wait... what?.... LOL

I can't stand the word "woke." I can't stand that I had to type it. Everything associated with that word, on both sides, drives me nuts. When someone says it, or in this case types it, gets a big groan from me.
I'm with Dave. Make a damn good movie. If it's got an agenda, great that never bothers me. Get me to invest in the characters and story.
I recently viewed Barbie. Granted it's not meant for me, but it was a snoozefest. Did it have an agenda? I don't know. I don't care. I wouldn't call it "woke" and get my panties in a wad (yeah, I know). It was just not for me. Oppenheimer is more my cup of tea, but even that I need to be in the right frame of mind to see.
I have no desire to see a Rey movie, but I'll see it at some point and decide whether it's good or bad. Not whether it's got an agenda or not.

True, but the other side isn't waiting before dishing on the hate. Films and series being bashed before they are even seen is way more of a problem than celebrating diversity in a cast before the film is made.....

Look at the pink Godzilla foofah and anything resembling a female superhero lead in a film.....instant backlash.....before the film is even out.

The best directed episodes in some of the recent SW series have been directed by a woman, yet no one acknowledges it aside from it being good.

For every SW content thats been liked, we never ever head praise for KK, (its always the writers and directors) but the INSTANT its panned, its all KK fault.....

For every "diversity celebrating" video on Youtube, I would estimate 10 "woke" "lib" videos....

Back