Sideshow Video: G.I. JOE Inside Look

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its surprising that they are apparently producing CC without the silver mask. The silver mask is arguably the more popular choice and it'll be much more difficult to pull off the hood. I can't imagine it'll be easy to have the fabric drape properly over his face at that scale. Then there's the added task of having to sculpt an entire face underneath. I wonder if they'll somehow make the hood permanently attached to his head.

I think its surprising that they are apparently producing CC without the silver mask. The silver mask is arguably the more popular choice and it'll be much more difficult to pull off the hood. I can't imagine it'll be easy to have the fabric drape properly over his face at that scale. Then there's the added task of having to sculpt an entire face underneath. I wonder if they'll somehow make the hood permanently attached to his head.

In the last decade or more, the cloth hood has been the more popular choice, at least with Hasbro.

I hope they have a face underneath the hood, same with Snake Eyes. There is no reason for them to put a blank Buck head in there. That would just be cheating.

I'm thinking it will be cloth with a wire around the bottom for weight and posing.

But I truly lament the lack of this option:

cobra_commander.jpg

cobra_commander.jpg

:(

"Sideshowwwwww!!!!!"
467px-CobraCommander-150.jpg

I think we'll see the silver masked CC as some kind of exclusive at a future gathering of fanboys.

In the video they state that they're excited about making more realistic interpretations that aren't necessarily exact copies of the classic costumes and therefore "will be complimenting, rather than competing with" Hasbro's toys. I wonder if that was a veiled reference to a direct order from Hasbro to alter the designs?

If that's true I wonder if SS will come up with sneaky ways to get around that. For instance fully loaded SE looks different than his vintage counterparts but when you remove all his gear and just give him the Uzi and black sword suddenly he's very close to the 1985 version and almost an exact duplicate of the 25th anniversary v2 SE.

Similarly I could see them showing Hasbro CC and saying "Look, he's not vintage he's got this coat and modern weapons," and then including his classic pistol as an exclusive so savvy collectors can just leave the trenchcoat in the box and have a pretty close approximation of the 1984 mail-away hooded CC. Obviously its nothing more than speculation but I'm definitely curious.

I wonder how they're going to do that. An iron-on would probably look too tacky. Embroidering may not scale down very well either unless the stitches are VERY small.

They're obviously putting the Cobra symbol on CC's chest so however they do that should work for the soldiers as well. I'm glad they said that they recognize that the Joes have iconic silhouettes and color palettes. That means they shouldn't do any stupid costumes like Devil's Due's black sweater Shipwreck.

Just because there is no silver dome in the concept shown, doesn't mean its not included. Or even part of the concept for the exclusive.

I can't imagine them making a CC w/only the hood. I'm sure I would live it it happened, but I'd be pretty surprised.

I hope they make 2 CCs . I like the color difference between the darker hooded outfit and the lighter blue of the battle outfit.

Just because there is no silver dome in the concept shown, doesn't mean its not included.

Oh I know, its just that what was once a given suddenly isn't anymore so I'm bracing myself for no mask. I'm sure he'll turn out fantastic either way but that mask is so iconic and utterly CC (its so easy to imagine his voice from the cartoon shrieking from behind it :lol) that I do admit it'll be a bit of a disappointment if they offer only the hood.

I hope that CC gets an extra pair of fists just like Snake Eyes, not so that he can be displayed punching someone but rather with his fists in the air cursing another Joe victory. :D

Some might want to order a Ignite white ninja, cause I doubt we are going to get a classic looking Storm Shadow.

Prolly some silly white one with black knee and elbow pads and a trench coat if they keep following those new comics.

IGN-JS067.jpg

I think it was fine to combine elements from various Snake Eyes costumes for the 12 inch figure but I really hope they don't do that with Storm Shadow. It'll be lame if its the v1 outfit but with v2 camo and a Devil's Due cobra symbol on his face.

Yup, if you are reading Sideshow, and if Stormy doesn't look like this:

storm_shadow.jpg

You fail.

And to those that don't like the classic stuff, you just need to leave the Joe section.

I think Sideshow is handling the line perfectly. Hasbro is doing the classic stuff. And while Sideshow like the classic stuff, they want the realistic approach. Think of this as the Batman Begins of the GI Joes - realistically done, but still keeping some of the most iconic aspects of the characters. I don't think Buzzer will be coming without his chainsaw gun for example.

With that said, I hope Storm Shadow is more classic than modern. That trenchcoat thing the film is going with is horrible.

Some might want to order a Ignite white ninja, cause I doubt we are going to get a classic looking Storm Shadow.

Prolly some silly white one with black knee and elbow pads and a trench coat if they keep following those new comics.

IGN-JS067.jpg

ewwww, that looks ugly, but just because I don't like the classic look doesn't mean I don't like GI Joe, neither does it mean I don't respect your opinion, but I like most people here, like the way the sideshow Joe line is heading

We're not even two figures in and everyone is making assumptions that Sideshow is never making a classic chrome-domed Cobra Commander; have patience people.
Yup, if you are reading Sideshow, and if Stormy doesn't look like this:

storm_shadow.jpg

You fail.

And to those that don't like the classic stuff, you just need to leave the Joe section.

I'd like Sideshow to stick to the original concepts as much as possible, and would like them to make the first version of Storm Shadow, but I never liked that version. Storm Shadow 2 was a far better design. And since it's my second favorite SS costume, I personally wouldn't mind if Sideshow does make this version sometime in the future:
StormShadow_07.jpg

Back