Hot Toys-MMS 193-GI Joe:Retaliation Storm Shadow Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
023.jpg

028.jpg

008.jpg

The CG was absolutely terrible in the first movie. Made me appreciate the sequel even more.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The sequel is actually the worse of the two movies, in my opinion.

The casting for Zartan was horrendous.
They could have EASILY made Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes the main storyline, except they already screwed that up in the first movie. They met as kids? Seriously?
Jinx was worthless, but she would've been tolerable by the casting of the Blind Master. Trust me, I was major into the Wu-Tang Clan since the BEGINNING (1993), but casting the RZA as the Blind Master was TERRIBLE. Remember, casting directors, Wu-Tang Clan loves CHINESE flicks, not JAPANESE.
I didn't care for the Rock as Roadblock (he's supposed to be from the SOUTH). However, I'll give that one a pass. He's got star power, and he's a likable guy.

I just can't go on. Getting mad lol!

So how about a few pics??

Taken with a 105mm macro lens (which may be the most amazing lens I've ever used)!

047-1.jpg

052.jpg

065.jpg

023-1.jpg

Nice pics Rubio. I keep thinking of picking this up and having my seamstress cut down his jacket, pretty much the only thing I don't like about the design was the incorporating that long design. Your pics, especially the first really highlight how great that sculpt is.

I agree about the Rocks casting, although I actually did love him in this, they should have done the old Sgt Slaughter, Fridge, etc... and just have him as himself, it's a Joe tradition, would have been awesome and they could still have Roadblock come in down the road (if the movies aren't DoA now.

Nice pics Rubio. I keep thinking of picking this up and having my seamstress cut down his jacket, pretty much the only thing I don't like about the design was the incorporating that long design. Your pics, especially the first really highlight how great that sculpt is.

I agree about the Rocks casting, although I actually did love him in this, they should have done the old Sgt Slaughter, Fridge, etc... and just have him as himself, it's a Joe tradition, would have been awesome and they could still have Roadblock come in down the road (if the movies aren't DoA now.

It made back twice it's budget in addition to covering it's costs. But that might not have been enough to ensure another sequel.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=gijoe2.htm

I actually LOVED the second movie lol

Seriously liked it. So many sick scenes, especially the fight on the mountain...wow!!!

And the scene where storm shadow escaped? Wow!

The fight between SS and SE? Wow!

I'm a huge fan of it. I'm weird, I know lol

I actually LOVED the second movie lol

Seriously liked it. So many sick scenes, especially the fight on the mountain...wow!!!

And the scene where storm shadow escaped? Wow!

The fight between SS and SE? Wow!

I'm a huge fan of it. I'm weird, I know lol

You are not alone, in spite of all the people who like to lambast it, the movie made nearly 400 million. It was a hit in spite of some of it's issues and the bungled release.

I had to buy a new long sword for this since my original came loose for whatever reason and came out of the hilt. I ordered a new one and I just got it. My original short and long swords went snug into the scabbards, while the replacement long sword is loose within it. I think it's due to the old swords have the ever so slightest bend in them. Does anyone else have either of these issues?

Back