Hot Toys-MMS 193-GI Joe:Retaliation Storm Shadow Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this guy up off Ebay the other day for $102.50 shipped!! Now I just need to get ahold of Snake Eyes for a good price.

I am usually not one to get two of the same figure and display with different variations but I just picked up a second HT Storm Shadow at a local Hastings for $82!! I couldn't pass it up. So one will be masked and the other unmasked!! I can't believe he isn't more sought after.

That's a great deal.
I don't think you'll get Snake Eyes for that price. But you never know.

Yeah probably not, but with all these new Age of Ultron figures coming out people are selling off a lot of older figs. I've picked up 5 figures in the last few months each one at around $100 roughly a piece. Cool for me, I'm not too caught up with the AOU stuff. Got my Hulk on order and will do Ultron Prime that's about it for me. If HT fixes the paint job on the Mark XLV then I will probably jump on that too.

I need to start a therapy group called 1/6 collecting addicts. I know its bad when even I step back once in awhile and say I think this is getting out of control LOL

I am usually not one to get two of the same figure and display with different variations but I just picked up a second HT Storm Shadow at a local Hastings for $82!! I couldn't pass it up. So one will be masked and the other unmasked!! I can't believe he isn't more sought after.

Damn your hide to hades...
I want another one of those for a custom i am making.
Do they have any more?

FA1F82A8-04CB-4E0C-975B-74C07EAFC601.jpeg99F6C017-AB33-4478-81C9-7A23703AB029.jpeg

I bought my storm shadow back in 2013 so i've had mine for just over 7 years now and for the most part it's held up very well. There is only just a bit of yellowing on the upper of the jacket, but overall still an awesome figure in 2021.

l9bO4BO.jpg

I bought my storm shadow back in 2013 so i've had mine for just over 7 years now and for the most part it's held up very well. There is only just a bit of yellowing on the upper of the jacket, but overall still an awesome figure in 2021.

l9bO4BO.jpg

Yeah. It's still a great figure, and has held up amazingly well considering it's age.
I do wish they had made his sleeves fractionally longer, as they ride up even in straight armed poses, and with bent arms, he looks like he's wearing a short-sleeved shirt, lol.
Irony of ironies, i don't even have my Snake Eyes and Storm shadow displayed as them. They are slightly altered and are displayed as a Hunter(Snake Eyes), and a Warlock(Storm Shadow), from the Destiny game. But i have a spare of each in my stash in case i ever want to display them both in a normal fashion.

2021-03-24-14-43-38.jpg

Been displaying my HT SS for years since it came out. I don't notice any yellowing.

What would cause the jacket to turn yellow? Sunlight/humidity/display light?

I might put him back in the box if that's the case lol...

2021-03-24-14-43-38.jpg

Been displaying my HT SS for years since it came out. I don't notice any yellowing.

What would cause the jacket to turn yellow? Sunlight/humidity/display light?

I might put him back in the box if that's the case lol...

Could be anything.
Mine is a bit yellowed, but i take mine all over the place and take pics of him outside, etc, so it could be a sunlight issue. Or it could be a dye in one batch that didn't happen in a later batch, you can never tell.
I have a brand new one sealed in it's shipped if anyone is looking for one.

Could be anything.
Mine is a bit yellowed, but i take mine all over the place and take pics of him outside, etc, so it could be a sunlight issue. Or it could be a dye in one batch that didn't happen in a later batch, you can never tell.
I have a brand new one sealed in it's shipped if anyone is looking for one.

Thank you Username! I got the feeling mine will become yellow eventually in the years to come. Well can't be helped...

Back