Hot Toys-MMS 193-GI Joe:Retaliation Storm Shadow Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Username! I got the feeling mine will become yellow eventually in the years to come. Well can't be helped...

Yeah. My opened one only shows it on the upper areas.
Those boots on your Snake eyes are cool. What are they from?

b3aac2a7dae160a584da43fca14d03e2.jpg

71d4de60be4c8fe53145c137fc68f7c5.jpg

02db893578c5ae836cddf2a5044fbc9c.jpg

Yeah. My opened one only shows it on the upper areas.
Those boots on your Snake eyes are cool. What are they from?

b3aac2a7dae160a584da43fca14d03e2.jpg

71d4de60be4c8fe53145c137fc68f7c5.jpg

02db893578c5ae836cddf2a5044fbc9c.jpg

Thanks Username, that yellow part looks alright actually.

My SE boots is a mix of HT Batman DX boots and some leg armor I found on e-Bay a while ago (can't remember which toys its from)
2021-03-24-18-33-46.jpg

I've had two of these and I've noticed it's the strips on the coat, the white strap looking pieces sewn into the jacket as well as the belt material, that yellow the most. Even the figure I've barely touched without gloves shows a hint of it and makes me afraid to go near it lol, the first figure got really bad looking and I ended up replacing the coat via ebay and cutting up the old one for kitbashing purposes.

Cutting away the sleeves and tails on the coat and then hiding the ragged waist seam with a wide white sash like the original sideshow SS came with creates a pretty cool look on a phicen body. Movie meets cartoon aesthetic kind of thing. Then for fun I put a black bodysuit on a spare HT body, the redone jacket over it, and then used the Ronin head that came with the Endgame Hawkeye figure for a black/white ninja hybrid. Anyway, yeah definitely use gloves and try to avoid excessively handling this figure or it will yellow.

S'all good! I normally have Stormshadow posed with the unmasked sculpt and when swapping I noticed one of the little silver detail buttons had fallen off the sleeve.
Business as usual, worry not. No replacements included?
No yellowing on the white pleather btw?

Business as usual, worry not. No replacements included?
No yellowing on the white pleather btw?
Yeah no worries, it does indeed include replacement buttons. Yes the white pleather has a nice shade of yellow appearing.

Back