Sideshow Cad Bane The Clone Wars Animated 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my ready to ship invoice for SS Ahsoka with nothing further in the PO pipeline. Hope she's closer to Yoda in quality than the other 2

The Yoda is great. But considering they messed up 3 of the 4 figures in this line, I wasn’t going to hold my breath on the quality of Cad Bane.

But I think there is room for a third party to step in and do this. The quality would probably be better and the figure cheaper than Sideshow.

Disappointing if true. This was the figure I was most looking forward to PO'ing. I may grab Yoda if I can get a good price. Ahsoka looks disappointing. SS used to be great on soft goods but Ahsoka's look pretty bad in pics

Looks like this now has a preorder date on the RSVP page?
Screenshot_20230919_194116.jpg

This line is one of the biggest bummers I've seen. Cad looks awesome but I'm not gonna get him to display on his own. I also don't want to get Anakin and Obi-Wan due to them dropping the ball on them so hard. Such a shame all around.

This line is one of the biggest bummers I've seen. Cad looks awesome but I'm not gonna get him to display on his own. I also don't want to get Anakin and Obi-Wan due to them dropping the ball on them so hard. Such a shame all around.
Very true, but this guy being an alien I think he'd fit in fine with other HT figures. I really don't care for the live action BOBF version so I skipped.

But like you said, this is easily a wait and see the final product over a PO due to how poorly the rest turned out. Other than maybe Yoda this line has been a fail. SO sad. This would've been a killer line if the final products of Anakin and Obi-Wan looked even remotely like the Proto, along with a better effort put into Ahsoka's costume. And if the cost was lower as we know these are NOT HT quality.

Wanted to add here what I just put under the Hot Toys Cad Bane thread in response to a members comment.

I understand the underlying pessimism here due to some recent Prototype to Production disappointments, but I do have hope.

I always thought that Sideshow did their best work on aliens/creatures rather than human portraits/proportion. I still have my Greedo, Hammerhead (sorry guys old school), Sandperson and creature pack and think they still hold up well. Also they have already produced a Cad Bane headsculpt in a historical offering and I thought it was good for the time.

So, that is why I have some hope for this figure and will pre-order day one, if this goes up.

Wanted to add here what I just put under the Hot Toys Cad Bane thread in response to a members comment.

I understand the underlying pessimism here due to some recent Prototype to Production disappointments, but I do have hope.

I always thought that Sideshow did their best work on aliens/creatures rather than human portraits/proportion. I still have my Greedo, Hammerhead (sorry guys old school), Sandperson and creature pack and think they still hold up well. Also they have already produced a Cad Bane headsculpt in a historical offering and I thought it was good for the time.

So, that is why I have some hope for this figure and will pre-order day one, if this goes up.
It's not all about head sculpts though; tailoring, body, overall quality. The other figures in their The Clone Wars Animated line are a significant downgrade from the prototype in every aspect.

You are spot on with this assessment of Sideshow. Their aliens and creatures were often HT quality...

Back