SDCC '20 is cancelled, but list your top 10 Star Wars wants anyway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I'm old fashioned but when a company releases an image like this TWO YEARS ago, I'm not sure it's an unrealistic expectation that I'd see a Han Bespin out of them in pretty short order. Now, two years later, and six months after Leia Bespin shipped - NOTHING. Not even a preview.[...]

We've all been griping about this stuff for years it seems...and in that time, more figures have been consigned to limbo, license selection has shrunk, prices have gone up, wait times have gone up, and in spite of some notable exceptions, on more than one occasion we've seen quality, attention to detail and engineering suffer from shortcuts and cost cutting.

I don't know...market forces, licensing, cost of doing business, and some kind of upper limit on what a company like Hot Toys (which probably isn't *that* big) is even capable of doing ... seem to have converged to kill the excitement.

I've been saying this for a while now -- I'm probably not their demographic anymore, and I get that things take time and so on, but 2-year+ waits with no real excitement or consistency between releases kinda kills the vibe. (The pandemic and political unrest are extraordinary circumstances, but I feel like things were headed this way before all that).

Almost as if Hot Toys is losing sight of collecting having many more dimensions than just the product itself. No community buzz or engagement of any kind, no real speculative fodder (Hey everyone, time for more Iron Man and another trooper with an inaccurate helmet)...

I'm pretty bored and I'm not even a completist. I feel for some of you that have invested many, many thousands of dollars, lots of time and space in your homes to be continually frustrated at not being able to complete a line or character selection.

A company like Hot Toys doesn't necessarily "owe" their customers anything but delivering on the product they advertise, but I feel like the good old days are long gone. For all the flak they get now, I think Sideshow was better at it back in the day. :dunno

I guess there are still reveals to come later in the month though, Sideshow says they will show Con Exclusives from Hot Toys.

If Hot Toys are going to do three Stan Lee variants seems reasonable to expect at least a George Lucas, no? The people have been crying out for a Notluwiski Papanoida!

Baron_Papanoida.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 12.06.13 PM.jpg

:wink1:

I think a young Lucas from the set of Episode 4 would be super cool! Especially this iconic look (complete with directors viewfinder as an accessory):

lucashamill_tunisia.jpg

It would give me a reason to finally use Luke's poncho, too.

I always thought Baron Papanoida was such a perfect alter-ego for George - a blending of Robber Baron, "papa" father figure and paranoid.:lol

I think a young Lucas from the set of Episode 4 would be super cool! Especially this iconic look (complete with directors viewfinder as an accessory):

View attachment 489107

It would give me a reason to finally use Luke's poncho, too.

Teleray I?m with you! I?d be interested in seeing this version of Mr. Lucas to display with my ANH figures.

I hope HT has better reveals incoming. That was probably their most obnoxious lineup of SDCC exclusives ever.

That mantra will certainly save you money. I look forward to the day I can subscribe to it.

I?m trying tempt Fate by saying that. I?d love to give ?em my money but there?s almost nothing I?m interested in, because I?m getting old and crotchety I guess. :dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should start seeing some new stuff soon. Still a shame no Con exclusive of Bespin Escape Leia or Death Watch Mandalorian:(

Thinking about it I'd also love one of those New Republic security droids from The Prisoner episode of The Mandalorian.

qsj4dfpqzu741.jpg

Back