Speculation: Hot Toys 2018 OT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I'd like to see...

ANH
Death Star Trooper
Gonk Droids
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Luke Ceremonial Jacket ( not interested in this figure, but it would be a good way to get a better ANH Luke portrait out there)

ESB
Lando
Bespin Han
2-1B Medic Droid
General Veers
Wampa!

ROTJ
Leia Boushh
Bib Fortuna
Scout Trooper
Admiral Akbar (could see this more from sideshow)

I'm Hoping Lando, Han Bespin, Boushh, DeathStar Trooper, and Scout are on tap for this/next year - the rest would be frosting on the cake.

I don't want to "see" **** until we get what we've already been shown for the rest of the sandtroopers, gonks, death star troopers, snow commander that we should already have. Get them out the door, and then we can talk about what's next. We're going to end up with a long path of scattered figures lost in the wind at this point which is a complete fail to me, especially when what we're seeing looks so good. LET'S GOOOOOOOO get em up, aint nobody got time for this

I don't want to "see" **** until we get what we've already been shown for the rest of the sandtroopers, gonks, death star troopers, snow commander that we should already have. Get them out the door, and then we can talk about what's next. We're going to end up with a long path of scattered figures lost in the wind at this point which is a complete fail to me, especially when what we're seeing looks so good. LET'S GOOOOOOOO get em up, aint nobody got time for this

I agree. New reveals are great but I would love to get the stuff they’ve already shown first.

I just want my goddamn Gonk droid.

I don't mind waiting for a Bespin Han if they get that image nailed instead of a sort-of-looks-like-him in a dimly lit room whilst squinting. Then, this would be the definitive Han and a must have.

Krennic
Baze
Saw
Bespin Leia
Wedge & Biggs!
Ackbar
Nien Numb
Far too many aliens to list.

Pipe Dream figure Darth Revan.

I wonder if Ford can decline to sign off on his likeness for figures or does Disney call the shots.
Pretty sure the rule is that when you are in a SW movie, you have to sign over your likeness rights to Disney/Lucasfilm forever. Lucas started that so toys could be made forever without any legal issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

To be fair though they’ve given us a lot already including some characters I wouldn’t have exactly expected. I think a lot of those characters you mentioned are more filler type releases honestly. They’re focusing a lot on the core characters which makes sense to me. I’d like a lot of those others, particularly the Death Star Trooper and Gonk Droids but I kind of get why they aren’t a priority.

I want an OT Vader that looks just like Vader does onscreen... right out of the box.

I wonder if Ford can decline to sign off on his likeness for figures or does Disney call the shots.

Disney now owns his likeness when it comes to SW just as they own all the actors faces who sign up for a film. Carrie Fishers said as much. George was a very smart or lucky man.

Back