SDCC '20 is cancelled, but list your top 10 Star Wars wants anyway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's more of the same I'm afraid as confirmed by their latest stream for today. Takeaways from this year for me: Snowspeeder Luke's got my interest and Beskar Mandor looks incredible.

Pretty disappointed that there wasn't more OT stuff. I just got Leia and Wicket in yesterday and that is the last of OT preorders. Meaning it will probably be two years or more until another OT figure will be in our hands:(

Hot Toys says there's is pre-recorded, not a live stream. Chances are they filmed it in Hong Kong with their own prototypes and Sideshow are just going to play it....fingers crossed it's like that anyway.

Nothing HT has shown this time around is of interest to me. Still it gives me the funds to pick up an Emperor and catch up with Asmus Lotr figures. Actually so far only one item from all the unveilings is a definite buy, the Weta Skekmal statue from Dark Crystal.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hot Toys says there's is pre-recorded, not a live stream. Chances are they filmed it in Hong Kong with their own prototypes and Sideshow are just going to play it....fingers crossed it's like that anyway.

Did they say when their footage will be shown?

Pretty disappointed that there wasn't more OT stuff. I just got Leia and Wicket in yesterday and that is the last of OT preorders. Meaning it will probably be two years or more until another OT figure will be in our hands:(

That?s why I think snow speeder luke will go up within the next few months or sooner. That last Star Wars preorder was May! They have to release something soon. Unless something is shown on the hot toys prerecorded video that that is more ready to go.

if they dont have any new figures other then what is shown. good i can retire from collecting star wars and move on to something else like mp transformers

I think they would have been better off to do their daily shows where they showcase a few pieces at a time and go into more detail on each of them rather than showing everything at once, multiple times, via quick walk-throughs.

Yeah but they probably figured people won't watch all of the shows. For me no Cara Dune reveal (yet) but I go stuff to pay off *shrug*. Wish they had showed Mando v1 and IG just so i could drool some more over figs I don't have yet.

Yeah but they probably figured people won't watch all of the shows. For me no Cara Dune reveal (yet) but I go stuff to pay off *shrug*. Wish they had showed Mando v1 and IG just so i could drool some more over figs I don't have yet.

I'm ok with minimal reveals as I'm trying to get some distance between my large Endgame investment (use that term loosely) and the next wave of Star Wars that hits. I didn't anticipate the Spider-man 2099 and Classic Suit both being reveals, so there's $500 of cost sooner than I thought.

Feelin a bit..
08ef417d197604314fa5704d56dc6ade.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing new today either. Same stuff again for like the 7th stream and third day in a row. What an absolute joke, there's no point in this whatsoever.

I get that HT is doing their own video tomorrow but what is the point in SS doing pulling this stunt?

I haven't been watching but I can't imagine why they would keep doing the same thing twice a day for a week straight. Maybe Sideshow is letting the presenters keep the youtube money :lol

I kind of feel bad for them. They have to feign enthusiasm over and over for the same figures. Then they have to deal with all the salty fans in the comments section. I hope they're getting paid well for this.

I kind of feel bad for them. They have to feign enthusiasm over and over for the same figures. Then they have to deal with all the salty fans in the comments section. I hope they're getting paid well for this.

I mean I feel like people have a right to be "salty", when they are wasting time by showing the same stuff over and over again whilst also implying that there will be new items on show throughout the week.

I do really miss the "normal SDCC" experience with all the various websites adding pics of the figures from different angles, video and stills, with/without flash taken in the regular SDCC halls, and also when SSC or whichever company would change up the display a bit or take a figure out to show a certain website more up-close. You really got a very deep, 3D look at the figs.

This is the same camera, same poses/displays but hey - at least they did something this year and seem to be making the best of a difficult situation (you forget then you notice the two host women in their masks with slightly muffled voices.) And it does make things feel a bit more normal that they did it. I'll take this over no SDCC at all.

Back