Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hideous. Blue looks too dark again, horrible collar, meaningless panel lines. The trunks, if they are back, only make sense with the classic suit.

A massive downgrade from the Cavill worn suits. Only thing I didn't like with those was the blue not being vibrant enough, everything else was perfect.

I just don't understand how Gunn thought this would go over well. Why choose this picture to reveal Corenswet's Superman? We can't even see his face or suit properly, and the volume screen in the background looks fake. There's this weird artificiality that's incredibly off-putting. Public perception is everything, especially considering all the drama surrounding DC lately. They had a chance to wow everyone with a first look at Superman, but somehow managed to bungle it.

He actually kind of looks a bit like Michael Shannon in the eyes from that angle. How ironic.
Ironically I was thinking it would be good casting decision if Gunn got Henry to play Jor El in this and David being Kal since they are close to being Identical. Though it would also be funny if they got Michael Shannon as Jor El also.

He actually kind of looks a bit like Michael Shannon in the eyes from that angle. How ironic.

That's why Joe-El fell out with Zod and banished Kal to Earth.

*Jor-El...but i'mma keep that in.

If we were actually shown the full process of a superhero getting dressed into their gear as opposed to, for example, the quick turns and reveals of isolated parts of the Batsuit that Schumacher did - man, how undignified.

Not interested in the slightest, but introducing a new Superman... putting on his boots?

Seriously?
yeah i agree it looks like a guy getting ready for work
his suit looks like overalls that cover his regular clothes not a action suit he wear under his regular clothes

i cant help thinking dave looks great facialy for superman and i wish the reveal was more like this manip
3z194fzo4wyc1.jpeg
3z194fzo4wyc1.jpeg

yeah i agree it looks like a guy getting ready for work
his suit looks like overalls that cover his regular clothes not a action suit he wear under his regular clothes

i cant help thinking dave looks great facialy for superman and i wish the reveal was more like this manip
3z194fzo4wyc1.jpeg
3z194fzo4wyc1.jpeg

Geez look how beautiful that could have been. Sickening.

How is that a rip off of Snyder? And his gotg movies have great action but please tell me how that hallway scene is a synder rip off. I can’t wait to hear this.
The hallway scene in GOTG3 is very similar to the train scene in Sucker Punch but with more Book of Boba Fett twirls
spinning-mod-boy.gif

And neither of them are as good as the Old Boy hallway fight.

The giant alien jellyfish ufo is hightailing it out of there because it sees Superman casually putting his boots on?

Hideous. Blue looks too dark again, horrible collar, meaningless panel lines. The trunks, if they are back, only make sense with the classic suit.

A massive downgrade from the Cavill worn suits. Only thing I didn't like with those was the blue not being vibrant enough, everything else was perfect.

Interestingly the Hot Toys JL Superman does give him that vibrant blue. There’s a featurette that WB made with costume designer Michael Wilkinson explaining how the blue suit for JL had more chrome and was a more saturated blue color. That’s because Geoff Johns wanted Snyder to change his version to Josstice League, but Zack knew for his director’s cut he’d make the suit black anyway. It has absolutely atrocious color grading in Whedon’s version, looks more turquoise. But anyway, I do think the brighter blue of that suit is what we would have gotten for JL 3 where Superman completes his arc.

IMG_2312.jpeg

Back