SDCC '20 is cancelled, but list your top 10 Star Wars wants anyway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that is probably it for the OT though. There are currently zero unreleased OT figures up for preorder and all we got is a peek at one rough figure that may or may not ever go up for order. And a Sideshow version already exists that may end up being superior.

Huge disappointment.

Well can't blame covid for the lack of OT Star Wars anymore, Hot Toys just doesn't give a f@#& about the property.

No Kuiil or Cara Dune either:(

Gutted.
I do like that there were some NEW Star wars reveals,but gutted that Han,Lando,Padme and 3PO are still being denied to us.

Snowspeeder Luke and Jango Fett(If ever put up for order),will be my only pre orders from Virtual SDCC.

Honestly, hot toys should change their name to marvel. That?s all there was in that video. A stap, big deal. All we saw were figures with 4 reused sculpts. We can now all stop saying Covid or they are waiting for this anniversary or wait until the st is over. The Asian market their top concern. I am floored they they didn?t even trot out a few other rough prototypes like padme or a c3po. I wish ss even showed skiff lando.

They had the perfect reason to release Bespin Escape Leia and they couldnt even come up with a pair of boots real quick? Glad we are getting a snowspeeder Luke but i need more OT!! Or any new version of Leia from either trilogy- little bummed this year

They had the perfect reason to release Bespin Escape Leia and they couldnt even come up with a pair of boots real quick? Glad we are getting a snowspeeder Luke but i need more OT!! Or any new version of Leia from either trilogy- little bummed this year

They did JUST release a Leia though.

They did JUST release a Leia though.

True. They've also released/teased/announced quite a few PT figures lately. I don't think HT is uninterested in making OT figures, there are just hotter properties like the PT and Mando to focus on right now. They have a ton of SW figures in the pipeline. I'm hopeful they'll get back to the OT someday soon but I can easily live with what we are getting.

Blame them all you want but they're selling what the majority of people are looking for right now. OT stuff will always sell, there's no guarantee that the PT and Mando will be as popular in the following years. Better to capitalize now than potentially miss out.

So far from all the reveals I?ll likely be picking up all the Star Wars ones, zombie iron man. Maybe The Tony Stark 2.0. We will see how $$ is next year since most of these aren?t until 2022

Expected at least twice as many reveals as we got but, hopefully, what was showcased will actually get a PO.

So member Jack Bauer on here (who seems to have industry insider knowledge) again mentioned a couple of days ago that Sideshow still has a 1/6 SW license - yet nothing new in 1/6 SW from Sideshow at virtual SDCC?

I really wonder what on earth is going on with that. You'd think if they had anything new they'd show it at their SDCC. Why would they have such an expensive license yet produce nothing 1/6 SW for a couple of years?

So member Jack Bauer on here (who seems to have industry insider knowledge) again mentioned a couple of days ago that Sideshow still has a 1/6 SW license - yet nothing new in 1/6 SW from Sideshow at virtual SDCC?

I really wonder what on earth is going on with that. You'd think if they had anything new they'd show it at their SDCC. Why would they have such an expensive license yet produce nothing 1/6 SW for a couple of years?

They haven?t even show their Skiff Guard Lando on any of these streams yet. You?d think they?d want to be showing that off.

Sideshow didn't even show off a finished version of Skiff Lando, a figure that's up for preorder and supposed to release late 2020.

I know a lot of forum members are upset with the sparse number of reveals, but I for one am more concerned about the continually growing number of figures that are shown and then disappear never to be seen again. What good is showing us a figure, if it never sees the light of day?
No Padme, R5-D4, Bespin Luke 2.0, Kit Fisto, or Airborne Trooper from just last year. Not to mention all the ones from previous years. I only collect Star Wars, but does similar omissions happen with the Marvel license?

I want Hoth Pilot Luke and Jango out of the bunch and since they won't be out until 2022 and all I have on order for 2021 in Din Jarin and the child I guess it gives me the excuse now to get the new Jabba and Throne set and Skiff Lando.

From my top ten list of most wanted Star Wars figures, the number revealed/displayed at comic con was...zero.
From my combined list of Marvel and D.C, out of ten choices the number of reveals this week was...zero.

I may need a new hobby.

I want Hoth Pilot Luke and Jango out of the bunch and since they won't be out until 2022 and all I have on order for 2021 in Din Jarin and the child I guess it gives me the excuse now to get the new Jabba and Throne set and Skiff Lando.

Congrats if you do, the Jabba set is awesome!

That story isn't believable anymore. Same guy says Hot Toys is making Rose Tico :lol

From my top ten list of most wanted Star Wars figures, the number revealed/displayed at comic con was...zero.
From my combined list of Marvel and D.C, out of ten choices the number of reveals this week was...zero.

I may need a new hobby.

Apparently a lot more new stuff tomorrow, think they saved a lot of stuff for Friday, their last day.

Lets hope so!

Last nights stream was a joke. Filming images on an ipad that have already been released to the public and going over the existing protos yet again but totally avoiding the SW section, probably because the new Snowspeeder Luke wipes the floor with the one they have on show and their Anakin doesn't have the STAP.

Back