Predator Remake! Yes, I said Remake.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you seriously trying to turn Predator into some crazy deep movie with hidden messages, and themes? Because at the end of the day, it's a badass monster movie with Arnold ^^^^ing Schwarzenegger! :lol

Are you seriously trying to turn Predator into some crazy deep movie with hidden messages, and themes? Because at the end of the day, it's a badass monster movie with Arnold ^^^^ing Schwarzenegger! :lol

They seem to be only hidden to you. You can't seem to get past one liners and Arnold :rotfl

At the end of the day, you admitted you were bored for most of this movie until the monster finally showed up. You said you first watched it at a young age. You never really 'got' it. It's sad you still watch this movie with such young, shallow eyes.

No. I got it. But I still think the second and third act are so much stronger then the first act. It's not that freaking deep dude! None of the filmmakers set out to make anything other then a unique action flick, with a cleaver twist, and fantastic effects.

If you can get me a video of John McT talking about how deep and ^^^^ this movie is supposed to be, then i'll buy what you're saying, but it seems like you're grasping straws, and trying to use insults, and attacks, rather then discussing in a normal, civilized mannor.

It's not that freaking deep dude!

What I've been talking about sounds really deep to you? It's really not. It's a great premise that is pretty self explanatory, that was executed extremely well. Having characters change, grow, or recess through the course of a film isn't deep. It's pretty standard. That's what happened to those one lining macho man you keep slamming. You're not looking at the end result of their character and why it is justified to have them acting that way at the start. It really isn't that deep.

Which is why I'm really confused as to if you even watched the movie. You're so hung up on 'arnold' and 'one liners' and '80's cheese'. So when I say get get past it, it's as much an insult to you as your whining about the aforementioned things are to me - which is not really insulting at all:gun

This is a discussion board:monkey1

It's an action film. It's fun. Nothing more. I dont know why we're even discussing this. I love Predator, its one of my all time favorite films....I just dont think its the highest quailty cinema has to offer.

I just dont think its the highest quailty cinema has to offer.

For an action film it's pretty spectacular. So in its genre, it's pretty amazing. Is it in my top 10? No, and I'd be surprised to see it outside of fans top ten as well. But that is not to say all it is, is fun, cheese, and arnold. That's just wrong, and I can't figure out why you would ever think this is one of your all time favorite films if so.

Predator is in my top 5! I think i have seen it about 200 times.

Why do we need two threads about this remake/reboot?

It's an action film. It's fun. Nothing more. I dont know why we're even discussing this. I love Predator, its one of my all time favorite films....I just dont think its the highest quailty cinema has to offer.

It is the highest quality the sci-fi/action genre has to offer.

Disagree. It's one of the higher quailty SciFi Action films, but it isnt the highest. Aliens sir. Terminator...

But it's up there.

Disagree. It's one of the higher quailty SciFi Action films, but it isnt the highest. Aliens sir. Terminator...

But it's up there.

I think Predator is better than Aliens and Terminator combined but that's just me.

with the Great Stan Winston dead (RiP), Kevin Peter Hall(RiP) dead aussi (the avp preds sucked), i doubt if it will be a film who deserves some respect from all the predator fans !

Reboot Remake Who gives a ()(#:K!!! Its all bullshat. Why cant Hollywood come up with a new movie. This idea of a team of Predators is crap. All they're going to do is have a team of Predators, 2 Predator will get killed easily by the star of the movie, the 3rd Predator will be okay, killed one of two members and eventually get killed by the Dutch wannabe. Then it will come down to the lead Predator and the Dutch wannabe. The Original 1987 Predator was the best one ever. Nothing can top it. For anybody to say they're not impressed with the original Predator (Im sorry but you got to be one dumb sob). Lets get some new Ideas Hollywood. Enough with this remaking/rebooting crap.

Reboot Remake Who gives a ()(#:K!!! Its all bullshat. Why cant Hollywood come up with a new movie. This idea of a team of Predators is crap. All they're going to do is have a team of Predators, 2 Predator will get killed easily by the star of the movie, the 3rd Predator will be okay, killed one of two members and eventually get killed by the Dutch wannabe. Then it will come down to the lead Predator and the Dutch wannabe. The Original 1987 Predator was the best one ever. Nothing can top it. For anybody to say they're not impressed with the original Predator (Im sorry but you got to be one dumb sob). Lets get some new Ideas Hollywood. Enough with this remaking/rebooting crap.

regardless of what the fans of the movies think there still going to make alot of money making predator , alien or terminator movies since there known as being good. Then all the figures and memorabilla come out and regardless of how much it sucked alot of the fans buy them. :lol
If they aim the movie at kids too theres even more money to be made.

These movies will probably keep getting made and made or at least until people aren't interested anymore. I think we should be glad we have such a great director behind this. I think alot of people are going to be suprised.

After avp-r at least anyway. Rodriguez can actually direct. After what those Strause bros did I'm very happy to see someone who can actually do his job well behind this.

This will basically be predator 3. Its going to happen in the end anyway.

Think of the movies hes directed.

Dusk till Dawn

Once upon a time in Mexico

The Faculty

Planet Terror

just to name a few. Now whilst there all similar in there style , there all relativley good movies and at least made well.
Robert has mentioned hes a fan of the original predator and I'm sure he has respect for the series. I doubt he'll make it in his usual comedy way and even if he did ( as hard as it may be to belive ) I think he would find a way to make it work.
This had to happen since the whole thing revolves around money.
I think we should count ourselves lucky the project has landed in the hands of such a seasoned director.

At least predator 3 isn't with Paul Anderson or the Strause bros. :monkey4

I personally in a way agree the series should be left alone but if it has to be done at least give it to someone who can probably do a good job.

I read years ago about a proposal for predator 3 which is really what this film should be and not just another re-hash.

It told the story of some future criminals that break out of their space prison, or whatever, commandeer a ship and eventually crash land on a strange planet. The only thing is, the strange planet turns out to be the predators sacred burial grounds.

Can you imagine that? P*ssed off predators fighting criminals with nothing to lose. It also didn't mention whether the criminals were all humanoid either so the playing field was open for some big alien smackdown scenes!!!

Come on Hollywood! Stop trying to feed us crap

D:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bloody-Disgusting got the scoop that Alex Litvak is currently penning the new draft of Predators that's to be produced by Robert Rodriguez's Troublemaker Studios for 20th Century Fox. Litvak recently wrote Medieval for New Regency. The reboot to the classic 80's action/horror flick Predator is being penned as a "sequel" and will follow a team of commandoes who face down a mysterious race of vicious monsters. The project is on fast-track for a July 9, 2010 release. No word yet on who will be directing as Rodriguez is now said to not be getting behind the camera.

Back