Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't pay attention to the drawings during the end credits the first time and didn't realize that they summarize the entire movie but then add one last scene of three new predator ships descending to Earth. :panic:
They did a great job with the end credits. Art, music and the Predator ship tease.

What a friggin' great idea!

Since we don't know how long Predators live maybe she even gives it to the Elder Predator when he's young! :horror

Maybe she witnesses him kick the crap out of a bunch of American or Mexican soldiers that were harrassing her tribe and so she gives it to him as a gift.

What I read.
1660889337573.jpeg

Comparison to show the difference between a Predator and the thing from the Prey movie

Attachments

• 300496677_614806803344672_4424339370789998054_n.jpg
    300496677_614806803344672_4424339370789998054_n.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0
Comparison to show the difference between a Predator and the thing from the Prey movie
Gotta admit, the design has really grown on me! It’s nice to see a bit of variation in the Yaujta biology and it’s cool to read about why from those tweets. Looking forward to hopefully seeing more from their race in future films.

Unless she does the same thing as the Elder Predator and gives it to a worthy Predator when she's an old woman.

I rewatched AVP recently and I think Paul WS Anderson gets too much flak.

Compared to AVPR and The Predator, AVP was incredible.

I mean from a toy perspective, we got like 5 good HT Predators out of it, and back when people could maybe get one at a good price. And the license for AVP was a jump start to get the P2, P2 Battle Damage and Elder Predator and the Lost Predators that came later.

Sanaa Lathan was horrible though. What a patently horrible actress.

Finally watched it last night. Great Predator film, and absolutely loved the setting. It was a treat to see a Predator that felt mysterious and threatening again.

Criticisms: Some of the CG elements took me out of the film, like the bear, and the over use of digital blood. Also, some of the dialogue was a bit awkward and out of place, but luckily this wasn't a dialogue driven film. This could have been improved by having the characters speak Comanche for the entire film, with English subtitles.

It's not a perfect film, but easily the 2nd or 3rd best in the series. Overall, I really enjoyed the main character's arc, the simplicity of the story told, and the menace of the Predator. I hope they don't tarnish it all with a stupid cash grab sequel.

It’s good when compared to The Predator, P2, AvP and AvPR.

But when compared to 87 it’s pretty damn weak.

87 has super memorable iconic characters and scenes it is ever lasting.

Prey is just a simple movie with nothing that will be remembered as iconic.

At least AvP had Scar and AvPR had Wolf and of course Predators had Berserker.

Last edited:
Back