Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
preyposter-735x919.jpg

Poster looks rad.

I agree, it would've been great if this were Apocalypto vs. Predator, but if the characters speaking perfect English is the only problem with the final film, we're in good shape.
Indeed. 🤞

I told myself to never get caught up in the hype again however the new trailer has sparked my excitement.

no-question-about-it-ready-to-get-hurt-again.gif

Well, the trailer was surprisingly interesting.
I have to admit though, I was kinda hoping they would all speak in some native language... :lol
I really hate subbed movies/shows. I can't watch anything unless it's in English. I'd rather not be focusing on subtitles the entire time rather than actually watching the movie and listening to gibberish that I don't understand. I watch all of the foreign Netflix shows and all anime with English dubs.

Bits of other languages here and there is fine but if the entire thing is in another language then count me out.

This looks pretty good though.

I really hate subbed movies/shows. I can't watch anything unless it's in English. I'd rather not be focusing on subtitles the entire time rather than actually watching the movie and listening to gibberish that I don't understand. I watch all of the foreign Netflix shows and all anime with English dubs.

Bits of other languages here and there is fine but if the entire thing is in another language then count me out.

This looks pretty good though.
It takes some getting used to however once you get going, you find yourself subconsciously reading the subtitles whilst watching the film. Watching in the native language elevates the whole film experience - for me anyway. 😎

Huh... You guys are really excited for this?? :dunno

Are your expectations so low because of the last Predator movie(s)?? :rotfl

A little girl running around the jungle with sticks chasing a monster with her faithful pitbull?

It looks like a Fan Film, made for TV movie or direct to home video movie at best to me. Doesn't feel cinematic at all. I'm sure the production value was very low due it most likely having a tiny budget for this type of movie. It is a direct to streaming movie, and on HULU at that. Which is owned by Disney.

Can't wait to read the reviews/disappointments... :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes some getting used to however once you get going, you find yourself subconsciously reading the subtitles whilst watching the film. Watching in the native language elevates the whole film experience - for me anyway. 😎

Agreed.

Obviously it's personal preference, but I remember watching the South Korean movie "The Host" both ways, and the Korean with English subtitles was massively superior.

Also enjoyed Apocalypto.

Agreed.

Obviously it's personal preference, but I remember watching the South Korean movie "The Host" both ways, and the Korean with English subtitles was massively superior.

Also enjoyed Apocalypto.

Throughout the many Covid lockdowns I dived into the depths of Netflix's foreign films and some series. There's a few hidden gems to be found.

I watched Apocalypto when it was first released on dvd however I can't remember any of it. Is it worth revisiting?

Throughout the many Covid lockdowns I dived into the depths of Netflix's foreign films and some series. There's a few hidden gems to be found.

I watched Apocalypto when it was first released on dvd however I can't remember any of it. Is it worth revisiting?

Yeah - I had it "bookmarked" to watch for years after it was released, and when I finally watched it, regretted the delay.

Def one that is worth a re-watch.

I watch everything in English with subtitles anyway, but I don't want to solely rely on the subtitles. I stopped watching Narcos because of all the Spanish scenes :lol

A little girl running around the jungle with sticks chasing a monster with her faithful pitbull?

It looks like a Fan Film, made for TV movie or direct to home video movie at best to me. Doesn't feel cinematic at all. I'm sure the production value was very low due it most likely having a tiny budget for this type of movie. It is a direct to streaming movie, and on HULU at that. Which is owned by Disney.

Can't wait to read the reviews/disappointments... :lol
To be honest - yes. Predator fans have very low expectations. To be honest I didn't think we'd see anything Predator related for a long time after the awful film Shane Black gave us. Should have been curtains for the franchise.

I can only speak from personal opinion when I say that I like what I've seen from the trailer. I was worried it would look cheap however I feel it would look great as a cinema release.

I definitely can't do dubs on anime. The dialogue is often so mechanical (to an English speaker) that to hear it in English sounds forced and unnatural. Not to mention the fact that the English voice actors have to speak faster with fewer pauses in order to get the complete lines in.

And Narcos is really just... man, it's gotta be finished. Season 3 is great TV.

I just need it to be fun and not insult the audience. The Predator had its fun moments, but they were brought down by the stupidity of the script -- both conceptually and structurally.

I recognize the lower-budget look of this one and hope that Disney ups the ante on future projects if it's successful. But right now, all we need is a good movie. Too many filmmakers agonize over the creatures or the effects in these kinds of things and forget to tell a good story.

Back