Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What tension? You know she's gonna win and kill the thing in the end. We also know that, at least according to Predator and Predator 2, if she's not carrying a weapon or appears to be a threat to him, he'll leave her alone.

It's just like those stupid Jurassic Park movies and all those damn wiener kids....ZERO tension in any of those movies cause we know the filmmakers don't have the balls to have a dinosaur eat a kid. Wouldn't that be great to see though? The usual set up of dumb kids frolicking through the park, and then the big bad dino is trying to get through the glass/plastic/wall whatever.....but this time it actually DOES? And eats the stupid kids right there? I'd buy that for a dollar!

That's the only way this movie can be remotely interesting...if the Predator wins and kills the chick. The end. Expectations subverted.

I guess the film makers think having a female lead from a native American tribe is somehow new and fresh enough to warrant yet another Predator movie.
As you say, we know she'll win. Though I'd love it if the Pred wins for once, I doubt very much the film makers would let a female lead be the first one ever to be dead by the credits roll.
I'm not sure a different time period is enough for me personally. I suspect it'll be just another Predator movie.
I'll give the movie a fair chance. Hopefully they'll be able to produce something worth watching.

This needs to be handled cleverly and it needs to be well executed in my opinion, or its going to be a farce.

Yeah for sure, but that's usually the case. "The Predator"had several guys in the cast that were more physically imposing than the girl in this, but that movie has to be the definition of the term farce. I'm not saying this will be great, I'm actually fearing that it won't be, but I do think we should give them a chance.

Yeah for sure, but that's usually the case. "The Predator"had several guys in the cast that were more physically imposing than the girl in this, but that movie has to be the definition of the term farce. I'm not saying this will be great, I'm actually fearing that it won't be, but I do think we should give them a chance.

Honestly if it's just a Predator hunting people in the forest again I'm not interested. Setting it in the past with a female lead isn't new or fresh enough.

What tension? You know she's gonna win and kill the thing in the end. We also know that, at least according to Predator and Predator 2, if she's not carrying a weapon or appears to be a threat to him, he'll leave her alone.

It's just like those stupid Jurassic Park movies and all those damn wiener kids....ZERO tension in any of those movies cause we know the filmmakers don't have the balls to have a dinosaur eat a kid. Wouldn't that be great to see though? The usual set up of dumb kids frolicking through the park, and then the big bad dino is trying to get through the glass/plastic/wall whatever.....but this time it actually DOES? And eats the stupid kids right there? I'd buy that for a dollar!

That's the only way this movie can be remotely interesting...if the Predator wins and kills the chick. The end. Expectations subverted.
As much as I dislike Hollywood endings, I don't think you can kill off the main character for the sole purpose of subverting expectations and still come out with a good story. There needs to be a positive note to counter or justify the negatives, otherwise all you're doing is giving the audience the finger. That's a TLJ move and while that film managed to find its new-agey revisionist crowd, I'd wager most Predator fans are traditionally minded and wouldn't appreciate it.

Last edited:
It's also worth noting that the first two Predators were ultimately done in by their own hubris, all a character needs to do is exploit it. Dutch made a fake trap to lure the Predator where he wanted him and the creature followed, thinking it had outsmarted him. Harrigan played weak and seized the opportunity to get in a free blow while the Predator was busy savoring the kill to come.

If our young protagonist here seems like easy pickings, the creature is even more liable to miscalculate when pursuing her. Plus it'll be one of the first times a Predator has hunted a human.

Right (except the "first times" bit - I think that'll be walked back . . . and I can think of a few folks they could get to give the speech).

Given the director, I'd be very VERY surprised if this wasn't cleverly handled.

I'll admit that the teaser-trailer didn't fill me full of confidence, but there HAS to be more to this than the insipid options a lot of naysayers are suggesting.

Disney are stupid and despicable, but I can't see them deliberately sabotaging/undermining to THAT extent.

I have zero faith in this and zero hype.
If it turns out good, fine. If it turns out bad, fine. I'm not putting anything on this.
I'll probably watch it when it comes out, give it a fair chance but I'd be very surprised if it does anything new or interesting.
Setting it in the past with a female lead isn't enough to make it new and fresh for me, not if its going to be the same old formula of Predator hunting people in the woods.
I'll give it a chance to surprise me.
But at what point do you say enough and stop giving these movies chances?
This is the 5th Predator movie. 7th if you count the AvP movies. 7 movies with an appearance from the Predator.
I think this will have to do a lot to engage me.

Last edited:
Trailer keeps getting taken down, but here's a glimpse of the Predator before he activates his wrist shield thingy. Is it just me, or are the dreads thinner than we've seen in past designs?

1654483374124.png

Trailer keeps getting taken down, but here's a glimpse of the Predator before he activates his wrist shield thingy. Is it just me, or are the dreads thinner than we've seen in past designs?

View attachment 581518

Thanks for the post bud! :duff

Was that in the original trailer with the girl running to meet her Brother? If so, I didn't spot that at-all :oops:

Here's the pic brightened - very rustic - AND with a bio-mask that resembles a buffalo skull! - ME LIKEY !!!!!!!!
image.png

Was that in the original trailer with the girl running to meet her Brother? If so, I didn't spot that at-all
Nope, we only see it cloaked in the original teaser. All the good shots are in here.

I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I really hope Hot Toys puts out a figure from this movie. The design is fresh enough to add to the collection.

Ah, I meant in the new trailer.

Ah - which I NOW have to try and track down . . . sec.

HOLY **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - FOUND it - Full PREY Trailer

This looks like it could be AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Dude - thanks SOOOOOOOO much - you've made my day/week/month! :duff :mexwave

Ah - which I NOW have to try and track down . . . sec.

HOLY **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - FOUND it - Full PREY Trailer

This looks like it could be AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Dude - thanks SOOOOOOOO much - you've made my day/week/month! :duff :mexwave

Ooh, high quality AND it has sound! YouTube only had one or the other today and all were eventually taken down.

Back