Predator 5 - Prey (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recognize the lower-budget look of this one and hope that Disney ups the ante on future projects if it's successful. But right now, all we need is a good movie. Too many filmmakers agonize over the creatures or the effects in these kinds of things and forget to tell a good story.
The lower budget could work in the film's favour. And the upping of the ante has been the downfall of so many sequels where they inevitably go too far and make a movie that's so far from the original it seems like a different fictional universe entirely.

The lower budget could work in the film's favour. And the upping of the ante has been the downfall of so many sequels where they inevitably go too far and make a movie that's so far from the original it seems like a different fictional universe entirely.
Oh, for sure. I meant in the sense that the budget would allow for the better execution of a good idea. But the idea must be good at any budget. Could still be a story with a small scope, but maybe they're able to dress the sets better or put more time into practical effects so the CG teams don't have to do as much lifting to make the film look good.

Oh, for sure. I meant in the sense that the budget would allow for the better execution of a good idea. But the idea must be good at any budget. Could still be a story with a small scope, but maybe they're able to dress the sets better or put more time into practical effects so the CG teams don't have to do as much lifting to make the film look good.
The Predator being a great example. Had a bigger budget than past Predator films and made a right mess of it.

Agreed.

This looks like a Predator movie.

Does your barber dress like a Native American and cut your hair with a tomahawk?
PlaintiveUnsungIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

Predator Killing Grizzly and Holding it over it's head in triumph is best thing I have seen in a Predator film since part 2

I'll admit to liking some classic bits in AVP: Celtic swinging Grid / Scar casually slicing the wall-crawling alien / Scar spearing the head of the queen alien.

All of the movies have some cool stuff tucked into them.

So far, nothing beats P2 though (YMMV) - EVERY scene is classic.

What I liked most about AVPR was seeing the d-bag from transformers get his face melted.

edit: Nevermind, I guess that was friday the 13th remake he was in and not AVPR. Whatever, both crap movies

Last edited:
Back