NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

That's not a bad price considering it's coming with the chair. It's an instant figure diorama.

Wow, $140 is less than I thought... so probably closer to $155ish if you consider they may offer a 10% off retail price.

MY GOD !!

that is incredible.
I am not a fan of the series but I will buy this for my best friend tony who is a HUGE fan of the movie.

the cair is a nice touch.

FANTASTIC.

I was afraid to look in here for fear of what I would find.
And I was right.

Now I HAVE to have this figure, nay, this work of art.
PF? What PF?

This is simply astonishing in execution, every single detail looks amazing.
Way to go HT!

I'm gonna watch this for the first time tonight.:D

That is a hell of a figure! Chair and kitten... Way too cool for school.

Here are some pics from Tommy Richardson

3220916790_3b07be0c5b_b.jpg

3220916794_b03d5807cc_b.jpg

3220916796_24d6f298c5_b.jpg

3220916798_6e03aa6dd0_b.jpg

Here are some of the points touched on in the magazine.

1. Sideshow wanted to produce this figure but encountered a lot of difficulties. In the end Sideshow and Hot Toys decided to work together to provide the best product.

2. Figure will wear a fat suit "underwear" to give Don the correct body proportions (don't think it will be a rubber body though, I think it will be similar to the Jor-El figure).

3. Hot Toys did 4 sculpts before it was finally approved by Paramount.

4. Chances of seeing another variation of Don or other characters are not high.

5. Suit will be much more sophisticated compared with suits produced in the past.

6. The chair can revolve.

So I guess this is bad news for people hoping for an entire line of figures. Nothing set in stone though I guess.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info! Cat still looks weird, more like a cartoon that a real one. But just having it included is cool enough in my book :lecture

I think this is a masterpiece of a sculpt, but I have a hunch that Enterbay is going to manage to top it. Call me crazy, but it's just a feeling. Especially considering their new artist Y.J. is sculpting it.

I think this is a masterpiece of a sculpt, but I have a hunch that Enterbay is going to manage to top it. Call me crazy, but it's just a feeling. Especially considering their new artist Y.J. is sculpting it.
Hot Toys is still the king, I mean, how can you top this?!
3220916796_24d6f298c5_b.jpg

Hmm, he's looking seriously shiny in some of those pics from Tommy Richardson, and I agree that the cat looks cartoony. But I am still definitely getting this.

So far it looks like ABC and CSC have the best prices on this, but I'm waiting to see Joe's prices before I go ahead and order through one of them.

I just have a feeling is all. After seeing Y.J.'s other works. It's just a hunch.

Looking at the base of that chair I think I'll have to be a little gentle when posing him in it or revolving it.

But I can't wait to get him, definitely my most anticipated figure of the year unless Hot Toys announces a M-Icon Fred Astaire...which they'll never do.

That's probly the best face sculpt I have ever seen, hot toys is not ^^^^ing around damn

I've collected action figures for all my life. at least 20 years. This is the greatest action figure/collectable figure of all time. In my opinion its revolutionary. There has never been anything up to this level before and I'm not sure how there could ever be anything better.

Praise God they went with the sculpted neck as well.

I originally hated the sculpted neck but after seeing how well they worked and looked with the Joker and Two-Face I have to agree.

Back