NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

MASTERPIECE

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Simply amazing... I got out of the 12" line, but it seems now I will be pulled in again...

Just when you think HT can't get any better, they pull this one out of their hat. :bow

I feel bad for the poor bastards at Hot Toys.

If the next figures they release don't look as good as Vito, people are gonna cry and moan about how they don't come with a chair or the sculpt isn't perfect.

A cat!!! Don't forget about the cat!!!

Words cannot begin to describe how amazing this figure truely is.....

Pretty awesome stuff. It will be hard, very hard not to order this guy.

I hope they don't put this up for pre-sale the same time as the POTA figures or the site will get another bog down.

How can HT and Enterbay both have an official license for Godfather 1/6 scale figures, to be released 2nd Quarter 2009?

Maybe Enterbay have lost their license?

As for the figure, it isn't just great, it's a whole new era in the evolution of 1/6 scale figures - this is the first time ever that a major toy company has released a:

1. non pop culture

2. non 'hero' character

3. non 'wish I'd owned that as a seven year old'

...figure of such quality. Sure, there have been 'Oscar Goldman' style non-heroic characters, like HT's Jor-El or SSC's Q, but they're part of action franchises. There's never been anything like this before, where you're not going to pose it in action poses or wave it around in the air like it's flying (cough, Iron Man, cough). It's a poseable figure that's designed to be posed in non-action poses.

Basically, this is the death of PF...

How can HT and Enterbay both have an official license for Godfather 1/6 scale figures, to be released 2nd Quarter 2009?

Maybe Enterbay have lost their license?

As for the figure, it isn't just great, it's a whole new era in the evolution of 1/6 scale figures - this is the first time ever that a major toy company has released a:

1. non pop culture

2. non 'hero' character

3. non 'wish I'd owned that as a seven year old'

...figure of such quality. Sure, there have been 'Oscar Goldman' style non-heroic characters, like HT's Jor-El or SSC's Q, but they're part of action franchises. There's never been anything like this before, where you're not going to pose it in action poses or wave it around in the air like it's flying (cough, Iron Man, cough). It's a poseable figure that's designed to be posed in non-action poses.

Basically, this is the death of PF...

it is a great figure. COMPLETELY disagree that no one has done characters like this before. every company has announced at least one character like this. i also think the godfather is about as pop culture as you can get. nearly every yahoo, chav and jeffrey knows about the godfather even if they haven't seen the film - it's everywhere!! and non hero characters are everywhere too.

rest assured, enterbay have not lost the license. they're still planning a release. although it's going to be hard to top this.

it is a great figure. COMPLETELY disagree that no one has done characters like this before. every company has announced at least one character like this. i also think the godfather is about as pop culture as you can get. nearly every yahoo, chav and jeffrey knows about the godfather even if they haven't seen the film - it's everywhere!! and non hero characters are everywhere too.

rest assured, enterbay have not lost the license. they're still planning a release. although it's going to be hard to top this.

Like who?

msg too short

Yeah, I LOVE this figure and I can't wait to get him. As to the cat, which I'm excited is included:
It IS wrong. The cat in the movie is sleek and skinny. And I'm pretty sure it's brown and striped. Judges? Can i get a video still here?

Like who?

msg too short

enterbay have done mr. bean. i don't think he's a hero. check medicom's product list - they've done loooooads of leftfield characters like ichi the killer, or basquiat or sweeney todd even. hot toys did prison break. sideshow did some weirder stuff in their earlier days like the historical characters.

ahh, ok i concede, you did say "of this quality". and you're right. this kicks a lot of arse and there hasn't been anything like it in this quality before.

And I'm pretty sure it's brown and striped. Judges? Can i get a video still here?

CuteWiddleKitty1.jpg

It looks more gray/white than brown to me, but either way it's close enough.
And it looks like the rose on the figure is a little undersized but that's nothing.

From that screen cap, looks like the cat just needs to be a bit bigger to be perfect. That is how I plan on displaying mine. Who would have though I'd buy a figure sitting down and playing with a cat? :lol

Like who?

msg too short

Look at James Dean from Giant, or the newer James Dean. Look at the first Brando release. Of course, everything I just mentioned is part of popular culture, but the Godfather is probably a bigger part so its a moot point

Back