NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

this looks amazing but I have one question...

why does the cat look like the 3d movie garfield cat ?.:lol

What's with all the hate for the cat?
If he came with a pan of lasagna I'd be worried.
I don't believe the cat, of all things, will be a major sticking point for people to stop buying this awesome looking figure.
It's the best looking figure since Old Ben Kenobi.
:chew

Wow this is insane... HT keep pushing the bar higher i havent even seen the movie and this fig looks wicked. Im watch the movies tomorrow hahaha.

Wow those Tommy blog photos just make it look even more incredible! outstanding
As much as i love the godfather, i never would have gone out of my way to get a figure or anything, on any of the characters, but how can you say no to this. Its flawless!

I think this is a masterpiece of a sculpt, but I have a hunch that Enterbay is going to manage to top it. Call me crazy, but it's just a feeling. Especially considering their new artist Y.J. is sculpting it.

That's the kind of competition where we, the consumers, win. I'm sure they're looking at Hot Toys' version and thinking, "We gotta do something really special now!"

I think the bar has been set almost impossibly high here, but hey, if Enterbay manages to beat this Don with one of their own then that will be a figure for the ages!

"Hot Toys made me an offer I couldn't refuse."

garfield_new.jpg

Interesting to hear Hot Toys had to sculpt it 4 times before paramount approved. I hope that's just paramount being super picky on some little things and not a sign of HT slouching. Not every HT production will have studios screening the sculpts to perfection...

YJ Park is apparently an amazing sculptor. He is after all Arnie Kim mentor. Apparently, he was brought in a few times to improved on a few of Arnie Kim's work that wasn't up to scratch.

But is YJ Park even sculpting the Godfather? As far as I know, Enterbay got nothing else announced about their version of the Don other than they are doing one.

you wait and see...

enterbay's godfather is going to come with about 4 outfits, a ton of real leather accessories, including a 1/6 ark of the covenant and an unsurpassed sculpt. no pictures yet but you can preorder for $400.

oh wait.... that was something else.:D

you wait and see...

enterbay's godfather is going to come with about 4 outfits, a ton of real leather accessories, including a 1/6 ark of the covenant and an unsurpassed sculpt. no pictures yet but you can preorder for $400.

oh wait.... that was something else.:D

I guess that so-called "ELITE" Takara Indiana Jones never came to be eh?

Moving along, do we know what the release date and cost of this figure will be?

no it was so released! but only here:

nile7.jpg

in "de nile"! badum tish!

regarding price - abc told me it would be around $135 which is quite reasonable considering the chair and probably the cost of the license too. it's even cheaper than ed scissorhands.

no it was so released! but only here:

nile7.jpg

in "de nile"! badum tish!

regarding price - abc told me it would be around $135 which is quite reasonable considering the chair and probably the cost of the license too. it's even cheaper than ed scissorhands.

With that chair and tailoring job... and of course the accessories, I hope you're right, but I have a feeling it will go for more than the TDK Batman and Iron Man figs.

SOLD! BEST DEAL FOR A HIGH END FIGURE!

Eli26 is getting this!

Its scheduled for May.

Those store shots are amazing. The slight graininess makes them look even more like a film still.

Back