Dam Toys Godfather Don Vito Golden Years version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first figure I've had such a hard time deciding which release to get.

Ordered the Golden Years and now I can't help but feel like I'll regret not getting Formal Vito. I don't need 2 Vitos.. double damn!! Whats a collector to do

This is the first figure I've had such a hard time deciding which release to get.

Ordered the Golden Years and now I can't help but feel like I'll regret not getting Formal Vito. I don't need 2 Vitos.. double damn!! Whats a collector to do
I got the golden years direct from hk back in January safe in the knowledge it was the version I wanted.
But no, after getting it & seeing how good it is. I had to order the formal version from sideshow too-it’s not something I could live with myself for missing out on especially after seeing how good the golden years version was

I got both of these in the mail today. Man, what a classic. I can’t help feeling these are going to be worth a lot some day. I may even get another formal version just to keep in the box.

Anyone else catch this spelling error?

4722DF14-5164-4160-A91C-3F9D7FC84477.jpeg

I wanted to order the golden years version but wanted some more information and hoping that someone who already has this figure could answer.
  1. Does the Golden Years Version come with three (3) head sculpts (Older, old and closed eyes)? Nowhere on the listings online(KGHobby, TNS etc) does it say 3 headsculpts but I have seen it in online images and just wanted to confirm it with those who have received it.
  2. I already have the HT Godfather figure so I am not looking to buy the Tux (Formal version), but just wanted to know whether the extra head sculpts (old and older Vito) we get in the Golden Years version are the same two that we get in the Formal version as well.
Would be great if anyone can help to answer my questions before I order it. Thanks a ton and happy collecting!

I wanted to order the golden years version but wanted some more information and hoping that someone who already has this figure could answer.
  1. Does the Golden Years Version come with three (3) head sculpts (Older, old and closed eyes)? Nowhere on the listings online(KGHobby, TNS etc) does it say 3 headsculpts but I have seen it in online images and just wanted to confirm it with those who have received it.
  2. I already have the HT Godfather figure so I am not looking to buy the Tux (Formal version), but just wanted to know whether the extra head sculpts (old and older Vito) we get in the Golden Years version are the same two that we get in the Formal version as well.
Would be great if anyone can help to answer my questions before I order it. Thanks a ton and happy collecting!
1. Yes, there’s 3 head sculpts. Worth noting the eyes shut, and original sculpt come with neck adapters but the “remade” sculpt doesn’t.
2. Yes, same sculpts.

I got the Golden years from Sideshow collectibles and all three of the head sculpts have neck connectors. The Formal version doesn't have a neck connector for the second head sculpt.

I got the Golden years from Sideshow collectibles and all three of the head sculpts have neck connectors. The Formal version doesn't have a neck connector for the second head sculpt.
Was Golden Years version spelled correctly on your box? I must have gotten a lemon lol..

I got both of these in the mail today. Man, what a classic. I can’t help feeling these are going to be worth a lot some day. I may even get another formal version just to keep in the box.

Anyone else catch this spelling error?

View attachment 571420
Not just you my friend 😂 maybe they’ll fetch a fortune on eBay-rare-misprint golden years godfather

Attachments

• 7BF91F14-9BBB-4FF6-B43C-4C44F124A4BF.jpeg
    7BF91F14-9BBB-4FF6-B43C-4C44F124A4BF.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 22
Happy with it?
Ya I think they did a good job on them. I wasn't going to get them since i have the hot toys one and i have the Blitzway 1/4 scale statue. I took a look at my hot toys figure the head sculpt is actually pretty good but the suit isn't very good. The new ones have better head sculpts and really good clothing and the accessories and furniture are pretty cool. I decided to get both just to have the different looks.

Back