Netflix: Marvel's Jessica Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the reply!
Welp, not goin' to bother with this one then.
Back to waiting for LC S2. :(

Cheers for the reply!
Welp, not goin' to bother with this one then.
Back to waiting for LC S2. :(

I hope it doesn't go down the JJ S2 route. Cool, at least for me, that IF will be in it and supposedly will do some Heroes for Hire.

I'm only 5-6 eps in with JJ and it is really driving home for me how instrumental Tennant was in the success of the first season. This season so far has been doing an amazing job of having me not care at all about any of the characters. Everybody's story line is boring and uninteresting. Trish, Malcom, this annoying Chang guy, even Jess who's trying to be nice now is awful. 5-6 in and we still don't have any clue who the main villain is, other than the writers. If they were aiming to make every single character on the show super annoying, then bravo.

I've watched 3 episodes the weekend it went up on Netflix and haven't watched it since. I suppose I'll finish it eventually, but all it's done is make me realize I don't care about these characters.

Finished it last night. There really is no main villain. Everyone's doing some kind of wrong and it's more centered around the difficult long lost relationship with her Super powered mother.

That's good to hear! I need more responses like these. :lol

It was more about "real people" problems like addiction, loss, family, actions and consequences, inner demons, etc. and Jessica dealing with her powers in a way, not so much a comic-book show about superheros and villains which we had in the first one with Jessica and Kilgrave. I always liked Krysten's sass and it's still there every episode, I'm another person who enjoyed this one, and it's definitely a more feminist season (not at all saying it's a bad thing if anyone reads it as that for any reason).

Spoiler Spoiler:

I finally got around to finishing the series. I didn’t find it too bad, I was able to watch the entire series unlike LC and IF.

I agree it didn’t feel like a comic book series and after the second season still have no clue to her “powers.” A few times she showed strength but nothing spectacular.

Tenant’s re-appearance was welcomed. I love his Purple Man / Killgrave.

Last edited:
I enjoyed season 2 of “Jessica Jones.” I didn’t think it was as good as season 1, but without the benefit of Kilgrave, I thought that was probably going to be the case. For those who have already finished the new season..

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought this show was canceled? I just got a Netflix email saying season 3 available June 14th. Or is it not officially cancelled until Jun 15th?

When NetFlix started canceling all of the Marvel shows, season three of JJ was either already finished, or nearly finished. They paid to produce it, so they might as well air it.

When NetFlix started canceling all of the Marvel shows, season three of JJ was either already finished, or nearly finished. They paid to produce it, so they might as well air it.

Beat me to it. Hopefully S3 is an improvement over S2, as this will be the last of The Defenders we'll be seeing for a while.

Season 2 was just awful and had like 1 good episode. The first season was only good because of Killgrave. I will check out S3 but have no expectations of it being any good at all. We'll see if I can get through it or not.

Back