NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some really nice pics so far.

If SS hadn't announced their PF I might have gotten this but all it would be is a placeholder for it or the eventual HT 1/4 scale Keaton.

The body looks great on this. The belt too, even got the color right. The cowl and face sculpt is keeping me from getting it though. The cowl more than anything I guess. Nice for the price regardless.

:horror:horror:horror

Since the base body is the same, I'm definitely seeing a Returns suit from NECA in 2014. It would only require a newly sculpted chest armor and the head sculpt cowl texture smoothed out.

Sadly I've read on NECAs Twitter that they wont do Batman Returns. Perhaps Hot Toys still holds the license.
If NECA does indeed make a Returns figure I sure hope its more than justa new cowl and torso. The Returns suit is a completely different sculpt

Sadly I've read on NECAs Twitter that they wont do Batman Returns. Perhaps Hot Toys still holds the license.
If NECA does indeed make a Returns figure I sure hope its more than justa new cowl and torso. The Returns suit is a completely different sculpt

No Bueno:gah::monkey2

What do you think we'll see first, neca do 1/4 89 joker or sideshow. I just don't see any if these 2 getting the likeness of Nicholson as ht did

Probably sideshow. I'm pretty sure NECA stated that they couldn't get Nicholson's rights to make it. I really hope we get a Battle Damaged version of the 89 figure. I want a reason to own 2.

Probably sideshow. I'm pretty sure NECA stated that they couldn't get Nicholson's rights to make it. I really hope we get a Battle Damaged version of the 89 figure. I want a reason to own 2.

You and me both!! It's hard for me to justify buying two of the same figure, but if one of them is scuffed up with a scratch across the face, well that constitutes a buy for me!

Nice pics. Accuracy wise I would still say Ht wins but for half the price and twice the size I wouldn't mind grabbing one at all.

What do you think we'll see first, neca do 1/4 89 joker or sideshow. I just don't see any if these 2 getting the likeness of Nicholson as ht did

Nope. NECA has stated that they just couldn't afford the likeliness rights for Jack Nicholson.
Tragic.

Nice pics. Accuracy wise I would still say Ht wins but for half the price and twice the size I wouldn't mind grabbing one at all.

Actually, I think NECA got the greater accuracy this time. Tim Burton has commented that the cowl used in the Batman film was too loose and felt more like a hood. It felt loose and NECA was able to add that detail by making the face and the cowl a separate piece. NECA also got the cowl shape. It's more curved and follows the head shape where HT basically sculpted it in a way that looks better but not accurate to the movie. The cowl also fits better to the cheeks which wasn't the case for the 1989 batsuit.

Anyways, just want to share some more pictures. I have to admit this scale is very hard to take good pictures. I'm still staying at my aunts place without my usual photo set ups.

I call it "The secret Bat-handshake" that only great Batman actors know.
DSC_0221_zpsfd06b552.jpg

DSC_0200_zps0282b47f.jpg

DSC_0197_zps4af25f39.jpg

DSC_0195_zpsb9b481dc.jpg

DSC_0185_zps67123bf9.jpg

DSC_0187_zpse9b7100e.jpg

DSC_0184_zpsc6873831.jpg

DSC_0174_zps4155f046.jpg

DSC_0177_zps6cc5e2d4.jpg

Just got mine today... LOVE IT.

Cape is better in person than in pictures for sure... :yess:

If not for the Hot Toys version, this would be the definitive officially licensed Keaton Batman product (currently). And even then, there are certain elements that I prefer on the NECA release to the DX09.

-Sallah

Just got mine today... LOVE IT.

Cape is better in person than in pictures for sure... :yess:

If not for the Hot Toys version, this would be the definitive officially licensed Keaton Batman product (currently). And even then, there are certain elements that I prefer on the NECA release to the DX09.

-Sallah

Can't wait for a review! (There will be one right?). Your reviews are some of the best out there. :hi5:

Back