1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered the Geewhiz Suit with fabric shield and leather boots.
2-3 month wait. Anyone here have the suit ?
XVx7BMAh.png

Congratulations! Its great. I dont have because Yunsil made it first and that I got. GW had the advantage of leather boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ Nine Inch Nails, I was actually thinking of backing out after the quote I received. But then I thought about the quality of the suit.
Real leather boots, full fabric S shiled front and back and nice drape on the cape.
I just don't want the S shield on my Hot Toys to start cracking or fading so I went for this upgrade.
Price was in the high 300s

I have the Yunsil suit and looks just like that
Highly recommended
The sewn in emblem alone is worth it imo

Have you tried a Tbleauge M31 body on the Yunsil suit ?

No I would not even try. It was designed for the Reeve HT body so I dont dare do it.

I have not seen anyone do this so you could be the first to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those interested, GeeWhiz has a site where they post pics of their work aside from their Facebook page :wink1:

https://www.geewhizcustoms.com/

I will say, don't be surprised if they turn your commission request away. I see all the cool stuff they make for other ppl and everytime I contact them for a project, they say it's "too complicated" or "not possible" even though I've seen them do similar work for so many of their other projects. Not sure if it's b/c I'm not one of the heavy 1/6 hitters or b/c it's not a big run, so it's not worth their time :dunno They do great work, though as I've had their stuff from well before they were as big as they are now. Back then, I had 4 projects done by them with no questions asked. Now, I can't even seem to get one project done by them.

Have you tried a Tbleauge M31 body on the Yunsil suit ?

Here's the GeeWhiz suit on the M31:
https://www.geewhizcustoms.com/393-1978-super-outfits

I know it's not the Yunsil but they're similar. I used to have both. Yunsil has a bit better quality but you can't go wrong with either IMO.

Looking forward to seeing it on the figure.

and on the HT Reeve body:

https://www.geewhizcustoms.com/368-16-custom-made-1978-supes-costume-upgrade

Last edited:
@ Gipetto0812, Ugh that's not a good thing. My recent experience with them has been positive. I think it was because the C.Reeve suit has been made before and its one of their best selling and easiest to remake by now. I was mentally prepared to wait until January-February 2021 before making a payment. I realize the suit takes time to tailor.
Also, I think Geewhiz is a 1 or 2 man team working on many different projects which is probably the reason why they turn down projects. I asked them for a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman suit and they simply said "we have no plans for that as of now"
I was fortunate enough to catch the 84 Supergirl suit and head sculpt from them. Its still being finalized.

@ Gipetto0812, Ugh that's not a good thing. My recent experience with them has been positive. I think it was because the C.Reeve suit has been made before and its one of their best selling and easiest to remake by now. I was mentally prepared to wait until January-February 2021 before making a payment. I realize the suit takes time to tailor.
Also, I think Geewhiz is a 1 or 2 man team working on many different projects which is probably the reason why they turn down projects. I asked them for a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman suit and they simply said "we have no plans for that as of now"
I was fortunate enough to catch the 84 Supergirl suit and head sculpt from them. Its still being finalized.

Don’t get me wrong, they are always polite and professional. I have nothing negative to say about them. They are good ppl. All I’m saying is how I’m disappointed in the fact that now they turn down every request I have, while on every post they tell you to contact them for commission requests/inquiries. It’s like why bother post that if you’re just going to turn it down anyway. I know they started out as a two man team but I believe it has grown some from that time, especially considering they do the prototype clothing for lots of the Big Chief Studios figures. Of course they have the right to choose which projects they want to do and don’t, just disappointed that mine always get turned down :lol

Also, just for credit where credit is due, the ‘84 Supergirl suit is by GeeWhiz, but not the headsculpt. I don’t know who the sculptor is (maybe Sean Dabbs), but Shane Poole is the one painting and hairing the sculpts as well as the one who commissioned/started the entire project :) he’s a massive Superman fan.

For those interested, GeeWhiz has a site where they post pics of their work aside from their Facebook page :wink1:

https://www.geewhizcustoms.com/

I will say, don't be surprised if they turn your commission request away. I see all the cool stuff they make for other ppl and everytime I contact them for a project, they say it's "too complicated" or "not possible" even though I've seen them do similar work for so many of their other projects. Not sure if it's b/c I'm not one of the heavy 1/6 hitters or b/c it's not a big run, so it's not worth their time :dunno They do great work, though as I've had their stuff from well before they were as big as they are now. Back then, I had 4 projects done by them with no questions asked. Now, I can't even seem to get one project done by them.

Here's the GeeWhiz suit on the M31:
https://www.geewhizcustoms.com/393-1978-super-outfits

I know it's not the Yunsil but they're similar. I used to have both. Yunsil has a bit better quality but you can't go wrong with either IMO.

and on the HT Reeve body:

https://www.geewhizcustoms.com/368-16-custom-made-1978-supes-costume-upgrade

Thanks!
But I have to say, I really don?t see how those leather boots and fabric shield are an improvement. Maybe I?m too used to the look of the HT duds...
Anyway, glad that there?s an alternative for those who are not satisfied with the original figure!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks!
But I have to say, I really don?t see how those leather boots and fabric shield are an improvement. Maybe I?m too used to the look of the HT duds...
Anyway, glad that there?s an alternative for those who are not satisfied with the original figure!

You're probably too used to what the HT looks like to be honest. I thought the same before I bought them, but the fabric choices for the suit and cape are much more accurate to the real suit than what HT uses as well as the fabric S. It looks great in person. I didn't buy the GeeWhiz boots, however, so I can't comment on those. I bought UnleashedViper's custom accurate sculpted boots. The new suit with accurate boots really elevate what's left of the HT figure.

At the end of the day. we all like what we like. Nothing wrong with anyone preferring the HT suit and boots.

here was mine with the Yunsil Suit and UnleashedViper boots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I showed my wife these photos and I asked her "which Superman do you like best and why?
She said the "The first one where he is looking straight ahead. I like the underwear and that snake on his chest"
after that she started putting on make up and asked me "Are you buying another $500 toy? Or are you taking me out to eat this weekend?

I showed my wife these photos and I asked her "which Superman do you like best and why?
She said the "The first one where he is looking straight ahead. I like the underwear and that snake on his chest"
after that she started putting on make up and asked me "Are you buying another $500 toy? Or are you taking me out to eat this weekend?

Clearly you did the right thing and ordered a pizza, gotta save those penny?s for that figure.

I'm good with the stock Hot Toys suit but that Yunsil suit is amazing. Im sure i know the answer but is it possible to order the Yunsil suit anywhere?

My first response wouldve been "Damn, where do you wanna eat that'll cost $500?!". Second response, "You really want to go out to restaurant and risk catching the virus??? How about I cook steak and lobster at home instead[emoji3052][emoji3081][emoji1635][emoji533][emoji68]*🦼. Worked for me on numerous occasions with my wife[emoji6]. Its a win-win-win situation for everyone[emoji1].

You're probably too used to what the HT looks like to be honest. I thought the same before I bought them, but the fabric choices for the suit and cape are much more accurate to the real suit than what HT uses as well as the fabric S. It looks great in person. I didn't buy the GeeWhiz boots, however, so I can't comment on those. I bought UnleashedViper's custom accurate sculpted boots. The new suit with accurate boots really elevate what's left of the HT figure.

At the end of the day. we all like what we like. Nothing wrong with anyone preferring the HT suit and boots.

here was mine with the Yunsil Suit and UnleashedViper boots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That looks very nice! The shield seems a bit wonky, but the boots look great.

Back