1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens to the neck peg?

By now most of them should already have neck problems. The inner plastic peg becomes brittle over time and simply cracks. If you don't want to replace it then just use white tacky putty. The blue one is too sticky and is smears easier.

KyKzctSh.jpg

I?m trying not to touch the figure a lot to prevent the s from cracking. Thanks for the tip about the putty.

I?m trying not to touch the figure a lot to prevent the s from cracking. Thanks for the tip about the putty.

I been through 3 of these figures. I sold my very 1st one and got 2 A J.L. Superman and S.S. Batman with the money. Then I bought a loose 2nd one and I am in the process of weathering the suit to turn it into the evil version. The 3rd one is the one on the Phicen body. Still waiting on my full custom suit from GeeWhiz Customs. It's been close 7 months already.
I was hesitant about tampering with it but I like to customize most of my figures.
But hey, this is already a very well made figure. I would buy it again if Hot Toys re issues it

By now most of them should already have neck problems. The inner plastic peg becomes brittle over time and simply cracks. If you don't want to replace it then just use white tacky putty. The blue one is too sticky and is smears easier.

KyKzctSh.jpg

Damn... thanks for the info.

INB4 toy imitates real life. :slap

But yes, the neck adapter that HT used of this era is notoriously brittle, thankfully replacements are easy to find on eBay.

The "S" emblem are also very prone to cracking over time, and his arm could come off if pulled.

KyKzctSh.jpg

Same thing happened to the 1st MCU Thor figure. It happened to mine while still brand new in the box for several years before I finally displayed him.. Like the ankle joints on the Batsuit begins Batman figure.

Welcome to the club. I found me one a while ago, not opened, perfect condition, for the perfect price. Now that?s just perfect.
giphy.gif

Back