1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could please help with something regarding this figure. I own the original Hot Toys version, and got another head for a custom and looks like the Hot Toys head, but the skin tone is lighter on the head that I got and darker on the Hot Toys figure's head. Does anyone know if there were variants with the color of head-sculpt, on this figure?

only variant was the evil Superman as far as I know. then you have the knockoffs

Enviado desde mi MI 5s mediante Tapatalk

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could please help with something regarding this figure. I own the original Hot Toys version, and got another head for a custom and looks like the Hot Toys head, but the skin tone is lighter on the head that I got and darker on the Hot Toys figure's head. Does anyone know if there were variants with the color of head-sculpt, on this figure?

The original head is relatively pale.
With the evil version being slightly darker in tone.
Original version:

f07548dbf42a38ea9320fdd375323af5.jpg

16cea3a0e763d5db5864670acaa43939.jpg

And the evil version:

5136f4fd6574640af0bfb23f8c45ba12.jpg

Gentlemen thank you for your information and pictures.

Heres a picture of mine, the head is from the original that came with my Hot Toys Superman.
Hot Toys Superman11 smallKG2.jpg
superman royal blue 1.jpg

The one below is the head that I bought later, that Im not sure if its a legit Hot Toys Superman head, or a bootleg.
Reeve head.jpg
Reeve head2.jpg
Reeve head side1.jpg
Reeve head side2.jpg
Reeve head under.jpg
I would really appreciate it if you guys (or anyone on the forum), could please confirm if the lighter color head that I have, is a legit Hot Toys Superman head, or a bootleg.

Posted this on another thread. I really like how the Tbleague M33 body fits on the Mattel outfit. Also, has anyone ever had oily residue on the
Hot Toys boots around the ankle area ?
nO5iaq4h.jpg

Posted this on another thread. I really like how the Tbleague M33 body fits on the Mattel outfit. Also, has anyone ever had oily residue on the
nO5iaq4h.jpg

Seriously? Hot Toys is STILL having oil issues? That was a problem that plagued the first TDK Batman figure. Can you share some photos? Is it leaking bad? Is it one ankle or both?

I don't own this figure (I've sold my MOS and BvS Superman figures) and would let some other collectors speak out but I'd suggest getting in touch with the vendor and getting a replacement if you can. The oil residue issue was last heavily seen years ago on the first TDK Batman area in his abs. Speculation was everything from that it was a reaction of the materials together used to create the figure to an excess of oil by the factory. Hot Toys never formally addressed what was causing it and they actually ended up "re-making" the TDK Batman several times and did change materials and "eliminate" the oil issue.

But just like the Hot Toys rubber break-down issues (hard to really avoid rubber falling apart), the oily residue is another one that pops up here-and-there. It just seems that the way they've constructed this Superman and the materials/paints always seem to causing issues. From yellowing to this oil thing again.

I’ve got five of them and no oils residue.

Yeah. Up until recently I had four of these and never had any oily residue.
It’s pvc though, so perhaps oils from handling them can build up?

The oil appears every few hours in the same exact area.
My room maintains at a temperature or 72 deg.
fDChrDDh.jpg

R8vsNBhh.jpg

Sorry, I wasn't specific. The oil is appearing on the older Christopher Reeve Superman Boots.

So is there a way to kill the gushing oil?
There has to be a way to stop it. Btw, The one i have in the box has no oil issues.

So is there a way to kill the gushing oil?
There has to be a way to stop it. Btw, The one i have in the box has no oil issues.

There's no way. At all. It seems to stem from an incorrect mixing of the initial batch of material used to make the pvc compound.
The only way to "fix" the problem is to buy a new set of boots.

I am going to remove the boots and leave them off the figure and see if this evil oil returns. The M33 Tbleague body i am using is covered in corn starch and wrapped in cling film around the ankles and claves.
I guess I'll just live with this issue.

@ abake, yup the Mattle Movie Masters Suit. I like this suit more than the Hot Toys one.
What bothers me is the small fabric runs it got in back of the suit when the stupid velcro attached to it. I cringed. It also got the back thigh area.

Back