1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

The figures (and films) are so good, I just couldn't see myself parting with anything Nolan batman related, unless it was a situation like the recent exclusive OC Batman fig, where you'd sell the earlier figure to replace it with the newer one. But I mean no offense, i'm sure my mate Marf and the others have their reasons!

The figures (and films) are so good, I just couldn't see myself parting with anything Nolan batman related, unless it was a situation like the recent exclusive OC Batman fig, where you'd sell the earlier figure to replace it with the newer one. But I mean no offense, i'm sure my mate Marf and the others have their reasons!

It has definitely been a tough decision...but I came to the conclusion mainly because I need to limit myself to one version of a character due to display space, and I just prefer the look of the original costume. That and HT is just destroying my wallet with their announcements, so it's forcing me to take a hard look at my collection! :slap

^yeah I hate that. Thankfully I've got a few things I'm postive I don't need and won't regret selling and other things that are duplicates where, even though I'd rather not sell 'just in case' I can just about stomach it.

I decided to try some shots! I like this one:
Batman_by_evangelinus.jpg

A buy-it-now on eBay popped up twenty minutes ago. I clicked on it, but I had to sign in. By the time I did, someone else already bought it. The price was $125 plus $11 for shipping. I am kicking myself for not being signed in. The seller had 100% positive feedback. Congrats to whoever got it.

A buy-it-now on eBay popped up twenty minutes ago. I clicked on it, but I had to sign in. By the time I did, someone else already bought it. The price was $125 plus $11 for shipping. I am kicking myself for not being signed in. The seller had 100% positive feedback. Congrats to whoever got it.

That sounds wayyyy too good to be true but hey *ish happens! Months ago an OC Bats w/o the box sold for something like $130.

It looked pretty good to me. The figure was opened, but came complete. The only thing wrong with the figure was a loose right ankle. The seller also had over 2000 positive ratings. In fairness, I already have a dx that I got pretty cheap a year ago. I would have loved to have two. The sonar head would be neat to have displayed. Oh well.

A couple quick pics I took of my DX02...I'll most likely be using them in a sale thread pretty soon here. Usually when I get it in my head that I wouldn't mind letting a figure go, it doesn't stick around for long...but this damn thing has it's claws in me for some reason.

_MG_2746.jpg

is this the original cape it came with? if so, why does mine look different despite my efforts to push the cape in..

is this the original cape it came with? if so, why does mine look different despite my efforts to push the cape in..

That's actually a custom cape made by lforigno (a SSF member). His capes are reasonably priced and make a HUGE difference imo.

yup ive seen Iforigno's works and they're really good. however, there are some who say you can achieve this cape placement using the original, stock cape. will post pics. the other end of the plastic guide protrudes at the back.

DSC_0389.jpg

Dust shows up way too easily on this guy, IMO. The lforigno cape is a must with this figure. I couldn't get that stock cape to look decent no matter how much I messed with it.

Just saw the TDKR trailer with the new Harry potter last night, and even though it was dark, looked like for that part they should Bats was still in this suit. Maybe afte the first encounter batman will get another suit???
Any whoo, it resparked my interest in Nolan Batman. Probably will keep my DX02, sell joker and wait for Bane

Just saw the TDKR trailer with the new Harry potter last night, and even though it was dark, looked like for that part they should Bats was still in this suit. Maybe afte the first encounter batman will get another suit???
Any whoo, it resparked my interest in Nolan Batman. Probably will keep my DX02, sell joker and wait for Bane

Given that it is indeed as you say the TDK suit (presumably it is early in the film and he gets a new suit later), I think a v3 of this suit from HT is HIGHLY likely.

Which is why if I were you i'd sell the Batman, keep Joker, and wait for Bane and upgraded v3 Batman and / or new suit Batman from TDKR (assuming that happens of course)

Back