1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Here is my Barman DX with lforigno cape and neck mod. I just love this figure. I admire it every day :)

Batman burned out on crime fighting... Now hits the Pubs at night and is now known as BARMAN! :p

M.

The PERS looks pretty good in that shot.

Ive noticed on a lot of people's figures that the bottom abs on even the plastic abs now are srtarting to become shiny, now I dont believe its a leaking problem per se but should it be a concern? I mean can it really melt plastic and deteriorate that too? What kind of a monster has Hot Toys created!?!

I think some of the shininess you are seeing on the plastic abs is just a buffing of sorts. Taking the belt on and off, rubbing the abs, could shine it up a bit. :dunno

I think some of the shininess you are seeing on the plastic abs is just a buffing of sorts. Taking the belt on and off, rubbing the abs, could shine it up a bit. :dunno

As well as skin oils. Only way to tell really, is by wiping it or dulling it and seeing if it returns.

a few pics of mine with the stock cape. I like it better than my lforigno one.

SAM_1852.jpg

SAM_1861.jpg

well my lforigno one would be ok if it was long enough, even though i bought the "tdk long" version. I thought I was ok with the fact that it road up pretty high in the middle when I first got it as it IS a very nice cape and nice quality as well as accurate material wise, so I was happy with it as most ppl are when they get something new. but after having it for while, I hate having light come through at the back, no matter how much I futz with it. I had never put the stock one on before b/c I bought an lforigno long cape before I bought the DX. But now that I've finally tried it, I like it better. the weight of it, how it lays. sure it may no be flat at the shoulders like in the movie but I still like how it looks. Don't think I'll be going back to the lforigno cape for awhile. Just going to keep it if I ever sell the DX, so its an added selling point.

Last edited:
Hmm, mine is quite a bit longer than the stock one. Are you saying it rides up at the middle bottom or middle top?

Mine is long enough that I can flatten out the ends when I stand him up. I know lforigno makes a short version, maybe you were sent the wrong one :dunno

Hmm, mine is quite a bit longer than the stock one. Are you saying it rides up at the middle bottom or middle top?

Mine is long enough that I can flatten out the ends when I stand him up. I know lforigno makes a short version, maybe you were sent the wrong one :dunno
yea most ppls TDK long capes seem to be really long or at least longer than mine. I rose the question up in his thread but was told (not sure if by him or other members) that they all ride up like that and just require a bit of futzing.

but mine rides up the middle bottom.

and no I think I was sent the right cape (so to speak) b/c the ends/tips of the cape are about as long (maybe a bit longer) as the stock cape but it goes up at the middle bottom to about 2.5" like an upside down parabola. I'd say when it's on him it goes up above his ankles. I can hide it but feel like I shouldn't have to as was the point of getting the long version. I've had this cape for about 6 or 7 months now mind you so I'm sure there's not room for exchanging it for a "longer" one. So I'm satified with just using the stock one.

Yeah, mine definitely doesn't do that. I think mine, when you hold it up when it's not on the figure, is longest at the bottom middle.

Yeah, mine definitely doesn't do that. I think mine, when you hold it up when it's not on the figure, is longest at the bottom middle.

yep see when I hold mine up without it on the figure, it rides up pretty high like I said :( but I'm glad yours and (from what it seems) everyone else's is good though. And I'm glad I don't hate the stock cape :lol

You like it better even without the clips in place?

what do you mean? The clips are in the slots laying flat on the shoulders. isn't that where they're supposed to be?:dunno

on an unrelated note, I FINALLY listened to the new In Flames album and just can't stop listening :rock it's really good just like all their stuff is

Last edited:

To get stock cape to sit flat make sure when you put the clip in the front edge of the cape also slides in it will then push down flat and it will apear like there are no clips i had mine a long time before i figured it out

That's how mine are. It wasn't as hard as everyone makes it seem to put the clips in. In my pics it's just bunched up, the clips aren't sticking up. The clips are laying flat. I like it that way. Thanks though, :wave

what do you mean? The clips are in the slots laying flat on the shoulders. isn't that where they're supposed to be?:dunno

All I know is mine looked different. :dunno

picture.php

on an unrelated note, I FINALLY listened to the new In Flames album and just can't stop listening :rock it's really good just like all their stuff is

:rock :hi5:

Haha yes but if i've learned anything about you (and it's not a bad thing either) you like to futz your figures a lot...I'm easily satisfied with just a little bit of futzing. I'm sure if I actually spent the time I could get my cape to look like that :lol however, I just popped the clips in, put him on the stand and viola here we are :)

Back