Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really is a convoluted mess there are like 25 characters who possibly caused it lol

They just threw everything at the wall to see what would stick.
I was hoping this would be option 26; Luis borrowing the Ant-Van and Quantum-Time-Generator, going around randomly "fixing" things in the timeline.
772wyq.gif

Last edited:
It took this gif and Moondragon's van post for it to click in, but now I remember Doom's best movie/TV role:

View attachment 617554

Too bad his fiendish plan was foiled by a bunch of meddling kids....

View attachment 617555
Bah, another pale imitation with all the nuance lost in translation. That wasn't even close to being Doom's finest moment and most dastardly scheme!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don’t really like to chime in on movie forums that often but I will say this second trailer makes the movie look less…goofy, I suppose? When you establish a tone with one trailer sometimes that tone is hard to get over.

Will I see this in a theater? Maybe…but I’m not in the “The M-She-U sucks, I don’t wike it! 😡” camp completely. These days, I see what interests me and I don’t see what doesn’t interest me, or I just don’t worry about it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I loved the first two Ant-Man films but agree that this looks really dull. And I’m kind of getting sick of them portraying Scott as an idiot who is constantly making bad decisions.

It’s definitely the darkest of the Ant-Man movies.

I think Marvel is going to start stepping away from the comedy after Thor 4.

Secret Invasion also looks dark in theme.

Snyder should direct an Avengers movie.

:chase
Shirtless Thor and Jane deeply and sensually smells his sweater.

Pepper getting coffee from a Starbucks employee named Anthony, the scene lasts 3000 seconds.

Reed Richards and Spider-Man fight. Spider-Man is killing Reed, then Reed says “Ben.” Spidey loses it, WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME, and vows to save Ben Grimm aka The Thing.

Zoom in on the Mercedes-Benz logo that Doctor Strange drives, multiple times.

There is one kind of conversation. Falcon and Strange explain things. Thor needs clarification. Spider-Man makes a joke. Repeat 15 times.

Bucky is objectified at some point.

Spider-Man goes into the future. Wears a garbage bag for his mask and a coat, very future-y. Works with Green Goblin trying to stop Hydra Captain America.

Shirtless Thor and Jane deeply and sensually smells his sweater.

Pepper getting coffee from a Starbucks employee named Anthony, the scene lasts 3000 seconds.

Reed Richards and Spider-Man fight. Spider-Man is killing Reed, then Reed says “Ben.” Spidey loses it, WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME, and vows to save Ben Grimm aka The Thing.

Zoom in on the Mercedes-Benz logo that Doctor Strange drives, multiple times.

There is one kind of conversation. Falcon and Strange explain things. Thor needs clarification. Spider-Man makes a joke. Repeat 15 times.

Bucky is objectified at some point.

Spider-Man goes into the future. Wears a garbage bag for his mask and a coat, very future-y. Works with Green Goblin trying to stop Hydra Captain America.
Thats... Thats not bad! Let me start my own cult and movement on Twitter and get this party started!

Bah, another pale imitation with all the nuance lost in translation. That wasn't even close to being Doom's finest moment and most dastardly scheme!

Spoiler Spoiler:

You know I've been thinking. I don't think Doom is going to be done right whatsoever. I don't think they'll do him a justice like you want. Look at spiderman. The face of marvel. I don't know if it was a Sony mandate or what but he is nothing like he should. Maybe now he is due to what happened in NWH but he's nothing like the comics.

Hell most of the MCU characters aren't like they were anymore. Man I think Hulk got it the worst. A raging monster now turned into some chill shirt wearing guy who does breathing exercise on an island with his villain or whatever.

I bet Wolverine is just going to be Hugh Jackman. He's just going to be the MCU Wolverine. Why not lol. But Yea I'm afraid Doctor Doom will not be what you want. He will probably be a woman. Just be ready.

You know I've been thinking. I don't think Doom is going to be done right whatsoever. I don't think they'll do him a justice like you want. Look at spiderman. The face of marvel. I don't know if it was a Sony mandate or what but he is nothing like he should. Maybe now he is due to what happened in NWH but he's nothing like the comics.

Hell most of the MCU characters aren't like they were anymore. Man I think Hulk got it the worst. A raging monster now turned into some chill shirt wearing guy who does breathing exercise on an island with his villain or whatever.

I bet Wolverine is just going to be Hugh Jackman. He's just going to be the MCU Wolverine. Why not lol. But Yea I'm afraid Doctor Doom will not be what you want. He will probably be a woman. Just be ready.
I was afraid of that tbh. The MCU always changes things. But I figured that with how much they wanted to get the FF rights back, they must have had some idea for him. It’s unnatural to even think of replacing him as he’s THE overarching MU villain. But now they’re loaning his stories to others, so I’m afraid that they won’t even use him as anything beyond a Loki role. But not to worry, we’ve got Clown Kang for the next half a decade…

I don’t know, we’ll see. But I’m certainly not filled with confidence.

Your post prompted me to look up the 1994 Roger Corman movie Doom and THAT is a near-perfect version of Doom, a very hammy, scenery-chewing villain. With a 2023 budget it could be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
ClownKangChads, we got the Bean Chair (kinda)!

ftefd27hbwba1.jpg

Ngl, he looks really cool here. Let's hope the HT dolly looks more like the artwork and less like the mess in the trailer with the badly photoshopped face. Erase those eyebrows, have the colours be more vibrant, make the material feel more like cloth instead of that plastic/metal BS they're making it look like in the editing room. Maybe it'll be a cool dolly after all and I won't have to hunt down Bale heads (for now). But if I get that look from the trailer with the visible eyebrows and beard shadow, generally that poor excuse for a "holo mask", then I'm in trouble...

Back