Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7e7d05e0e6e337112519786f667b8127.gif

giphy.gif

Clown Kang is dead... LONG LIVE KLAWNG!

loki-kang.gif

I wasn't that interested in any of this before, but after watching this I'm looking forward to seeing what Kang is like.

I wonder if JT will finally make Hank. He's always been my favourite part of the films.

I met Michael Douglas years ago and he's such a class act. Signed my Wall Street bluray.

“Kang’s a very powerful person, but when we meet him he’s in a position where he needs to get that power back,” teases Feige. “He has a ship and a device that would allow him to go anywhere, and anywhen he wants if he can get it online. If only he had access to genius scientists with Pym particles.”
“I met with the Loki team first. Then Peyton came on and we had our chat for the film,” Jonathan Majors tells Empire.
“He gave me a few reference points – Alexander The Great, things like that.” And it seems Majors’ unexpected take on the reclusive, theatrical, erratic He Who Remains was only the beginning.
“Kang adds tonal diversity, real conflict and real friction,” he promises. “You’re being introduced to a new vibration in the MCU. There’s conflict – not just mano-a-mano, not just hero and villain, but ‘your way of life’ and ‘my way of life’. I’m coming for it. We’re in battle here.”
Strap in, everyone: Kang’s dynasty begins now.

Kang Brings ‘A New Kind Of Big Bad’ To The MCU In Quantumania, Says Kevin Feige – Exclusive Image

Gee, if the "unexpected take on the reclusive, theatrical, erratic He Who Remains was only the beginning" I can't wait to see what's in store... I don't hate the guy, I've given him chances. He's not a bad actor and from all the recent Actors Roundtables I've seen, he seems like a genuinely good bloke. But his first appearance was disastrous and ruined Immortus, and now he's just a generic "bad guy who's smart and manipulative but has a warrior side". Kang's not that. Kang outclasses everyone so hard that he's an arrogant dick with a **** eating grin, but beneath all that he's got a Code Of Honour. He's not just a "warrior" and he's not just a "smart guy". He toys with you. Mostly because he's got hacks, yes, so I get that they've taken them away here. But the core is missing. Maybe it'll be fixed later, but I don't think the guy can do it. From all the trailers he can't pull it off. He's more comfortable as the gentle soul. From the movies I've watched, he can pull off the good guy, but his bad guy is generic and without gravitas. If he plays a Good Variant like some form of Iron Lad or just a Heroic Kang, he'll do well. But a proper Kang he's not. He's not got the aura of elitism and arrogance that can be backed up yes, but are there on the forefront just to screw with you.

And Feige, if you're doing Space Alexander, maybe get a guy who looks like Alexander?

post-1_image0-68.jpg

I have some hope that with the MK Easter Egg of Alexander's Tomb they'll cast someone else to play the Rama-Tut incarnation and maybe tie it to Alexander himself. I thought of that when I saw those lines in his face which are the same as the ones found on Kang's mask. None of the real Sarcophagi have them so it seems deliberate and I can think of no other explanation.

Alexander-the-Greats-Sarcophogus-Moon-Knight.jpg

I wouldn't like it if it was retconned that Alexander was a time traveling Nathaniel Richards, but maybe it'd work similar to Apocalypse's origin and would be able to tie them together. The actual Alexander takes over Egypt, finds Celestial tech and styles himself as a proper "God". He goes around conquering other planets and whatever, and comes back to find himself "dead", his Empire divided. He lashes out, and rules as Rama-Tut, attempting to conquer the entire world. Apocalypse and some other mutants who also found the Celestial tech throw a coup and Alexander is defeated. Maybe tie in the Brotherhood of the Shield here. His reign as Rama-Tut is scrubbed from history, Ptolemy is still alive and his Dynasty moves forward and so on. Lost in the timestream Alexander slowly turns into the Time Travelling Kang. It's a bit out there, and doesn't explain why the Sarcophagus would have the Kang lines if it was the "real" Alex and not the returning Rama-Tut, or why he'd call himself "Kang", but it's what I came up with now that I saw the pic again. It could use some streamlining, but a specific Kang variant that ties together Rama-Tut, Alexander and the rivalry with Apocalypse, would be great. Shame it'll never happen though...

I'd also want to see the Scarlet Centurion and Marcus make an appearance since it's such an integral part of the actual Kang Dynasty, but it'd again be the same guy, so what's the point?

Scarlet-Centurion.jpg

I just can't accept that the character with myriads of multiversal variants is going to be played by a single person. You can't give me Alligator and Selfcest Loki, and then just have this one guy play every single incarnation. I want to see a bunch of different people all wanting to be THE Kang and fighting amongst themselves. Some look like one another, some are the same guy in different points in time, and so on. Give me this:

203532-132327-kang.jpg
Council-of-Kangs.jpg

Even the cartoon did it:

Council-of-Kangs.webp

How cool would it be to have a female Kang who then removes her mask and bam! it's Sue?

c33471de567ee983c64b07bb043000495dbc771b.jpeg

I know, I know, I'm a broken record. One post I'm all "meh, I don't much care about Kang, he sucks anyway" and then I'm back to ranting... Whatever, deal with it; you'll get daily rants and you'll love it! I will admit though that the Chair here looks absolutely C O M F Y:

ant-man-wasp-quantumania-kang-exclusive.jpg

The costume still is average. On the surface it's very accurate but then you notice all the weird design choices. Why the pleather-esque material? It's a tunic! And why the random purple bits all over? Typical overdesigned MCU fare. Bah. The collar area is great though. And the Chair. I'd like to get me one of those!

Well, lets face it, we all know why the possible myriad of multiverse Kang's damn well will be played by the SAME actor..... :monkey3

I'm not saying it though.... :lol

But seriously, if that's the route they want to take or are going to do then they should indeed have very different Kang variants in style, look, race, ethnicity... A perfect way to have "diversity"...

Well, lets face it, we all know why the possible myriad of multiverse Kang's damn well will be played by the SAME actor..... :monkey3

But seriously, if that's the route they want to take or are going to do then they should indeed have very different Kang variants in style, look, race, ethnicity... A perfect way to have "diversity"...
What is the "why"...or why do you not want to say "why"?

The same reason Strange has the same actor? Or Peggy? Or Scarlet Witch? Or Christine Palmer?

In fact, the only 2 characters confirmed to have different looking variants are Loki and Spider-Man aren't they?

Last edited:

Exactly. You can have literally anything you want as Kang. You want that guy to be your main Kang, for whatever reason? Fine, whatever. But if you won't throw a bone to the fans when that's literally the selling point and all you talk about, then it's deliberate and I can't understand why. The whole fun of AUs is seeing how things diverge and are familiar yet different. There's no reason you can't have multiple people playing the character.

And there's a bit about Kang that's ignored here. He stops at various points in history and initiates himself in the big empires/reigning cultures and under assumed identities starts companies, becomes a member of the community and so on. As Victor Timely he set up a company in the 1900s and through the use of multiple guises he pretty much cornered the use of the entirety of technology. Anyone other than a WASP-ish actor simply can't do that. And the same reasoning applies in other eras. You don't need to have the Victor Timely or Mr. Gryphon be the main Kangs, but you should have them around.

The best way to have done Kang would've been to have multiple characters play the role, but under various guises and scattered throughout various movies, so that nobody would ever guess it. That's what Phase 4 should've been about. You don't want to Doom? Fine, then scatter Kang. The Loki show should've featured Immortus more, and played by someone such as Charles Dance. And the show should've been Marvel Doctor Who as planned, not what it became with the awful HWR version. The conflict in BP2 should've been instigated by Mr. Gryphon. Scarlet Centurion should've been in Eternals. Rama-Tut should've been in Moon Knight. And so on. So when you bring all these guys together, some are the same person from different points in time, and others are from other timelines, all trying to make themselves out to be the winner. HWR shouldn't had been the start, but the ending point. A fight for supremacy to control the timelines. What they're doing is the reverse and it's moronic. We need to watch the Multiversal War.

That's how you do Kang as Multiversal threat and a multiple Phase villain. Get big name actors and have people guess what's gonna be the next wild take on Kang. Instead we got some no-name guy playing God making everything pointless, and now we're gonna watch that no-name guy play 20 different other guises in 2-minute scenes. Yeah, really making use of that multiverse... Meanwhile Christian Bale, Jude Law, Walton Goggins, Lawrence Fishbourne, all wasted in two-bit roles.

I know, I know, I'm a broken record. One post I'm all "meh, I don't much care about Kang, he sucks anyway" and then I'm back to ranting... Whatever, deal with it; you'll get daily rants and you'll love it! I will admit though that the Chair here looks absolutely C O M F Y:

ant-man-wasp-quantumania-kang-exclusive.jpg

The costume still is average. On the surface it's very accurate but then you notice all the weird design choices. Why the pleather-esque material? It's a tunic! And why the random purple bits all over? Typical overdesigned MCU fare. Bah. The collar area is great though. And the Chair. I'd like to get me one of those!

I'm actually enjoying your thoughts/suggestions with respect to Kang. Obviously they'll have to streamline his backstory such that they don't lose the masses with endless exposition, but hopefully there's still enough substance there such that his motivations are clear and resonate with the audience. I like the idea of him wanting to save "his" Ravonna Renslayer, although admittedly that may have more to do with my fondness for Gugu Mbatha-Raw lol.

Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 13-43-42 Gugu Mbatha-Raw.png

As for your wanting Kang's chair, my only question is....where would you put it?

study-room-full-of-books.gif

I'm actually enjoying your thoughts/suggestions with respect to Kang.
Thanks pal!

AcclaimedHilariousDairycow-size_restricted.gif

Obviously they'll have to streamline his backstory such that they don't lose the masses with endless exposition, but hopefully there's still enough substance there such that his motivations are clear and resonate with the audience. I like the idea of him wanting to save "his" Ravonna Renslayer, although admittedly that may have more to do with my fondness for Gugu Mbatha-Raw lol.

View attachment 618197

Ravonna was always a core part of Kang. She was the other thing that gave his life meaning past conquering, and there was the constant back-and-forth of him wanting her and then spurning her, her hating him and yet seeing some worth in him, and so on. It could work. There's worse motivations than "I want glory" and "love". But if you're doing a Multiversal War type of thing, then they literally did it the worst possible way. One guy playing all the variants, God Mode achieved and dead, and lack of any spread out build up. It's as if they want to make this as bad as possible.

As for your wanting Kang's chair, my only question is....where would you put it?

study-room-full-of-books.gif
My bed of course! Klawng deserves my place of rest far more than me. Klawng is love, Klawng is life.

Kidding aside, same place I'd put Xavier's X-TREME 90s HoverChair; the Closet!

Kang looks like a Power Rangers villain in between takes.
Yeah, the costume's weird techy bits and pleathery nature aren't helping. It feels kinda of cheap, like something out of the CW. It should've been a proper tunic, with boots, gauntlets and a metal mask. Not this mashup they went with.

Yeah, the costume's weird techy bits and pleathery nature aren't helping. It feels kinda of cheap, like something out of the CW. It should've been a proper tunic, with boots, gauntlets and a metal mask. Not this mashup they went with.
Just like my wife when i’m horny that costume is too busy.

He looks stupid when he dies that energy blast thing at the end of the trailer and yes I sound all cranky and what not and honestly could care less about antman so next month I’ll be waiting for reaction from you guys and read what you have to say. Hopefully it’s not awful

He looks stupid when he dies that energy blast thing at the end of the trailer and yes I sound all cranky and what not and honestly could care less about antman so next month I’ll be waiting for reaction from you guys and read what you have to say. Hopefully it’s not awful
Nah you don't get it he's MENACING. His COLD DEMEANOR just utterly SHATTERS and he UNLEASHES his INNER WARRIOR!

1673435829154495.png

It's all just so cliche and low effort. And the usual bad MCU CGI. His face looks as if it's floating.

Back