Marvel Studios' The Eternals (November 6th, 2020)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can’t get involved but here is a plow lol

Yup this movie is that bad.

The whole memory subplot with Tomb Raider lacked any drama and she sucks now as an actress she is stiff and her fake puffy lips are gross.

Icarus...another evil Superman archetype, just like Homelander and Omni-Man. Same flying around, same laser eyes. Boring. Angelina Jolie...ugh! I'll stop here. I will pass on the next movie.

I literally have no desire to watch this even though it’s now free.
This was my thought as well but a day off yesterday and nothing to do convinced me to get it a go. If I think of it as a mythology movie and not an MCU movie, I actually find it quite enjoyable. I was pretty surprised at how much I enjoyed it, including most of the actors and characters. It's no BoBF...but not bad :)

Finally watched Eternals this past weekend. It wasn't as good as hoped but not as bad as feared. I'd rank it above Thor TDW and Black Widow, probably somewhere on par with IM2. I think the main issue is Marvel put this with the wrong director. Placing Jack Kirby's epic, technicolor vision in the hands of an indy film director just didn't click. While there were several things I did like (Celestials, Costumes and Deviants designs), there were a number of poor choices IMO, the script definitely needed some additional work and I'm not a huge fan of Zhou's desaturated color grading. It's still a watchable enough film, but with the right director, a few casting/characterization changes, and a bolder script it could have been epic. If the movie does get a sequel hopefully Marvel will bring in a new director and move the team out into the cosmos vs. remaining Earthbound, although in a lot of respects it feels like they've painted themselves into a corner.

Who was that voice off camera speaking to Dane/Kit in the credits scene?
For a sec I thought it was going to be Fury again, that guy is everywhere😄

Icarus...another evil Superman archetype, just like Homelander and Omni-Man. Same flying around, same laser eyes. Boring. Angelina Jolie...ugh! I'll stop here. I will pass on the next movie.
Evil Superman archetypes like those are not boring. Homelander and Omni Man are the most exciting characters in their respective shows.
Who was that voice off camera speaking to Dane/Kit in the credits scene?
For a sec I thought it was going to be Fury again, that guy is everywhere😄
That was Mahershala Ali's first appearance as Blade.

I believe that was supposed to be the new Blade.
Interesting…
I just read that the sword Dane was about to touch was the Ebony blade and only the impure of heart can wield it which seems odd for Kits personality/character. Was also mentioned by Thena who was holding Excalibur on the ship.

Not boring for you....
Kit as the Black Knight was the only character in this movie I was hoping would get some traction and transcend the lameness of this movie. So, interesting from that perspective.….(HT figure etc)
E7E8FFDA-FB20-4421-95DF-C4FA51D7BE26.jpeg

07EC1660-621B-4ECC-8FE2-B8B6A4579979.jpeg

Marvel has to stop with the “startle the audience” 3rd act stab the main character from behind fake out.

First Sersei then Tobey Spiderman.

They get stabbed then everyone laughs and forgets lol

Well they need *something* to explain why she'll magically start aging for all of her future appearances, lol.
I will say this…

We are now up to Eternals, Starfox, Black Knight and Moon Knight while WB is giving us are you ready……

another Batman movie :yess:

Make that TWO Batman movies because just one is not good enough lol :yess: :yess:

Marvel has to stop with the “startle the audience” 3rd act stab the main character from behind fake out.

First Sersei then Tobey Spiderman.

They get stabbed then everyone laughs and forgets lol
The Tobey one was cruel. I probably would have walked out if they brought him back just to kill him off. My soul almost left my body

Back