Mars Toys 1/6 Riddler (Frank Gorshin)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The green, question mark suit is awesome and I prefer that over Carey’s spandex leotard and Blazer combo so I may need to get this just so I can dress Carey up like less of a hair-metal band frontman.
If the clothes fit. The Carey figure will probably be much taller.
7rafur.gif

Me at first confused with 66 on the brain: Are these two talking about Molly, who inspired Carrie? Did she also dress up as Riddler?
Yeah, I know you mean Carrey in Forever.

So now I want a Molly the Moll/(proto-)Carrie figure!

Last edited:
Jeez, I hate those eyes. I’m not sure about that weird mouth sculpt either but I could live with that. Those eyes though. No figure should have eyes painted looking off center IMO.

The eyes have moved downwards on the twisted lip sculpt, which has changed his expression from evil intent...

Mars Riddler 1.jpg
Mars Riddler 2.jpg

...to, "I've just been rumbled!"

Mars Riddler 5.jpg

I haven't seen a confirmation but it looks as though he has movable eyes.

The initial angle on the open mouthed sculpt made him look suitably manic:

Mars Riddler 3.jpg

From this angle he looks manic, but not in control of his faculties:

Mars Riddler 4.jpg
Mars Riddler 6.jpg

With this one again, the eyes have moved downwards.

I'm... not really feeling either of these sculpts. The laughing one seems way too soft, and the sneer just seems like an odd choice. I know it's based on that one promo pic, but they didn't replicate it that well with those big crazy eyes he had, and so the expression just seems odd as a result.

Might still be worth picking up for the outfits I guess.

frank_gorshin_riddler1.jpg

Yeah you can see what they were going for, but it ain’t hittin right at all. You don’t experience FG in such an expressive frozen face so this throws off the FG sculpt quite a bit. Not saying his face never looked like this, it’s just that in my minds eye, I don’t see that when I think of FG.

1688370760806.jpeg

“I can’t believe that rat is STILL alive!” 😬

If it’s a rolling eyeball thing I’d be pleasantly surprised.

Call me mad, blind or stupid... but I just can't see how they will pull off a PERS in this head sculpt, the hair is too slicked back and short to hide the seam.

Back